46. Moon Prince

달의 왕자

달의 왕자

ACT I.
SCENE I.

This story does not start with Once Upon a Time, because time is just a mere term, a conception, or an idea that mammals on two legs had come up with. A small part of humanity with no value to it.

But time is not the only thing humans have invented. There's something they'd call standards or expectations that the individual had to fit in, but what for?

Only time will know.

Though it is a shame that the same ''time'' was only a phrase or a word that held something that could not be touched but could be felt. It was a continued progress of existence, visible on your skin, body and mind when you start to age. 

Time is all around us, holding hands with both nature and with the manmade.

Even though it was infinite, everlasting and evergreen, he had still felt that time was not within the hold of his hands, that it was lost in Eocene.

The prince who was once just a boy, felt like he was losing it all, getting old and, that he was just as soon to be blindfold. Not by an intention of any kind, but by the laws imprinted of mankind.

Feeling so small, with no purpose at all, like a number among the other, the boy wished to have been answered questions he was asking his father, brother and his own loving mother.

With nobody else to turn to, he then laid down on the grass, with the time entangling its roots as it passes by quicker. But the boy doesn't notice it, he was too immersed in the Moon that flickered.

''If only you could talk'', wondered the boy, head laying on the lawn as his eyes were waiting for something to catch on. ''If only you could be the answer to my questions.''

And so the Moon suddenly smiles, casting its bright rays of light for miles.

ACT I.
SCENE II.

''What it is that you want, Boy?'' asks the Moon with pure joy.

''Everything.'' Ecstatically the Boy jumps on his feet, a smile so sincere and so sweet. ''Please tell me everything I want to know.''

The Moon now chuckles more mockingly. ''A ruler of a big world, a whole kingdom in the palm of your hand, yet so ignorant and lost. This is not how the Queen should've up brought a leader, not at any cost.''

But the Boy swings to the side, outraged with guilt boiling inside. ''This is not anyone's fault but my own. The unhappiness comes within me and not by the throne.''

''And why are you unhappy? Don't you have it all?''

''I'm losing the coherence with time, and with the purpose of life as a whole.''

Admitting his deepest secrets, the Boy sits down back on the ground, losing the hope for himself and for those around.

A tortured, and a quite young soul the Boy seems to be, which had the Moon realize he might answer to his true and sad plea.

''Alright then.'' It says. ''Let me grant you a wish or two, only then can you get out of this blue. But beware of the consequences that might be coming very soon."

The Moon smiles again, granting the Boy his first wish, it being nothing more than a pure friendship.    

And the audience clapped.