24. Skins

피부

피부

And the clock ticked.

Now almost hitting the past midnight hours but neither one of them say a word. Not June, nor Jimin dared to speak up, to ruin the perfectly shaped silence that seemed to ease their troubled minds.

Jimin would tap his fingertips against the wooden table, creating a small song that seemed to mimic the moving hands of the clock, as June kept her hands wrapped around the tea cup, even though it was now completely empty.

She wanted to speak up so badly, tell Jimin how Taehyung didn't exist, how he was just a character she made up in her head, an anchor she had whenever things got too heavy to carry on her shoulders, but it was as if her own tongue was tied down and she couldn't utter a word.

Soon enough, Jimin noticed her struggling, but instead of continuing the mute conversation, his small fingers stopped tapping and he slides his hand back onto his lap.

"I think I should go."

"Stay." June blurted out, eyes not leaving the empty old tea cup.

But when he doesn't say anything back, his reaction being a tint of red color spreading across his cheeks, June laughed softly. "I'm sorry. That sounded weird. It's okay if you don't want-"

"I want to." Jimin interrupted, his mouth forming the words faster than his brain. And when he noticed it, he let out a small embarrassed giggle. "I mean, I don't mind staying and keeping you company."

Now flustered and surprised to his quick agreement, June's lips wore a smile with her hair covering the infatuation creeping its way onto her face.

In all honesty, she believed that he would turn her down, but now that he's said yes, she realised that she hadn't thought this out at all.

And that there remained one problem.

The bed that was placed right in the corner of June's bedroom wasn't large enough for two people to fit in.

But luckily enough, Jimin had a solution.

An idea of some sort to make a bed of their own, right there at the very wooden floor beneath their own feet.

After taking the blankets off of her bed, Jimin placed it onto the floor, creating a new bed-like place with the pillows on top of it.

As the two of them like kids, were busy spreading out the sheets, there was a certain feeling floating in the air - a mix between sexual tension and childish excitement while the fort, instead of a bed, was slowly being built in front of them.

It wasn't a secret that they had a thing for each other and that, at the back of both of their minds, they were purposefully doing this so that they could get closer to one another.

When the floor was covered with pillows and blankets, they laid down, the atmosphere changing a bit - a level of comfort but also an anticipation of some sorts settling among them, as if this was what they both wanted - the feeling of their skin touching.