32. Anpanman

호빵맨

호빵맨

''I hate this.'' A deep whine jumped against the old walls in the studio as Namjoon grimaced at the reflection standing in front of him. The boy pinpointed the mistakes and after almost three long hours of practice, the improvement was nowhere to be seen.

''My limbs look odd.'' Namjoon stated matter-of-factly as he stared in the mirror, the movements showing a protest between both his arms and legs. ''Ah, I give up. I look like I'm having a seizure.''

Hoseok's laugh ripped through the air as a response, and Jimin's constant clapping made his palms go red.

''Hyung'', Jimin breathed out, his voice cracking with joy. ''You're doing just fine.''

''Oh c'mon, we all know I can't dance for the life of mine. Jungkook would dance better than me and he's in a wheelchair.''

With the knees etched to her chest, June had watched the boys jump around relentlessly. To say that things went back to normal would probably be too far from being true, because it seemed that sweeping a problem under a rug was way easier than talking about it.

If what they wanted, both Jimin and Hoseok, was to never speak about what happened, all June could do was accept it, no matter how much it troubled her mind.

It was quite humid, stifling almost, inside the little dance studio. It wasn't so much the air that caused it, but rather Jimin's thick and heavy apathy towards June that same day.

''Let's just practice more then, just to make sure you don't end up hurting yourself.'' Bo laughed, untying her long black hair, and with swift movements removed the hair out of her face and tied it back up in a sleek ponytail.

Each of their small break was the only time for the rain outside to be heard, the big loud drops hitting the windows and a harsh thunder causing the ground to shiver.

''Oh wow'', Boyoung exhaled, dusting off the uneasiness from her skin. ''I don't remember the forecast saying anything about a storm tonight.''

''Never trust the forecast, sis.'' Hoseok said in between his gulps of water.

And Jimin looked at June, a spark of concern lighting up in his dark eyes as he pushed away his bangs damped in sweat. ''Have you brought your umbrella this time?''

A small nod is all she gave.

Before another thunder jolted the ground, the lights flicker for a moment as every person went silent for a single second.

''We better finish practising this final act before the weather gets worse or else, we will be stuck in here forever.'' Bo's voice echoed through the room as she quickly bounced back to dancing, left foot soon etched on the ground as the other barely leaned against it, the tips of her toes hovering above the floor.

June watched the way she moved, imprecise but it was effortless - like a child enjoying its youth. Something June was never able to do.

And as her body stood next to Boyoung, in the final act between the princess and the moon, the jealousy would rise with each new move.

A thought, not so big but swift and cunning, crossed June's mind. The thought of what would happen if Boyoung made a single mistake, one small move made by the wrong muscle in her foot.

Would she fall and hit her head? Or have her leg injured just enough to make the roles take a small switch. Though how stingy and envious must June really be to have come up with a thought so frightful.

With a turn around her own axis, Jimin's sudden appearance right next to her muted the raging voice inside of her head.

Just when she was about to take a step back, increase the distance between them, all it took was Jimin's exhausted body and Boyoung's move made too soon, to have them both hit the ground, a fall so heavy it made the whole room come to a still.

A cry and a rough groan were all to be heard.

And before any of them could rush to help, Jimin was quick to react. An action so considerate, followed by a long line of cuss words, he was then kneeling down to Boyoung's crouched body.

Ignoring the scratches on the side of his arm, his hands tried to help the girl stand back up, the mission was soon given up on when another cry echoed in the room.

''It hurts, it hurts. Oh my god.'' She winced with each word, holding onto her right foot as if her life depended on it.

Careful not to hurt her more, Jimin touched her foot that was already swelling up in a dark shade of blue, though the only outcome of it were a few drops of tears running down Bo's cheeks. She couldn't help it when her foot was aching so bad.

''Her ankle'', Jimin breathed out timidly, his gaze turning towards Hoseok. ''I think it's sprained.''

Convinced that her thoughts might've come to life, that she was the one inducing the accident, June couldn't bring herself to kneel down and help, as if any further move would cause something worse to happen and she was left cursed for the rest of her life.

Instead, Hoseok crunched down, an arm soon wrapping around his sister's neck before he asked, ''Bo, can you stand up?''

And the girl tried her hardest, though the bravery was shattered by a blow of the throbbing pain. ''No, no, no, I can't, oppa. It hurts so much.''

With no words being said, Hoseok picked his younger sibling up, hoisting her onto his back.

''Where are you going?'' Namjoon's voice was traced with concern.

''The hospital.'' Hoseok answered as he walked towards the glass door, having Boyoung's arms wrapped around his neck tightly.

''How are you going to get there? It's pouring rain outside.''

''I'll walk.'' He replied, voice harsh and slightly annoyed.

Though Namjoon was persistent. ''Just wait here, we'll call an ambulance.''

But Hoseok couldn't wait.

He didn't want to. Leaving almost everything that belonged to him inside the studio - his backpack, a bottle of water and his phone that still had headphones attached to it because nothing else matter that moment. Nothing aside from getting his sister the help she truly needed.

''Hyung'', a crack in Jimin's voice gave away his guilt. ''Let me take her to hospital.''

Hoseok's jaw tightened. ''I think you've done enough already.''

Jimin's breath hitched in his throat, hindered by a small tug against his damp shirt that was slightly pulling him back. A tug caused by no other than June, as she was holding onto him, trying to help him because he too, was hurt. Not that he cared of course, because Jimin would always put others before himself. A sprained ankle was more important than a deep scratch now bleeding through his long sleeve.

He could've stood there, in the moment so awkward and intense, living in it for what seemed like forever but instead, he refused June's help, yanking her arm as an action speaking more than words - he needed to be left alone.

Because all Jimin ever wanted, was to be somebody's hero.