Chapter 18- Plantona

It was when we were all outside when we saw the note. It barely stuck out of the stair step.

The note only contained a couple of words as if it were notes taken down. 

Himeng Valley, Mandrake. I have an idea where they are. 

Hero was thinking while looking at the note.

"She knows where the missing are..?" 

"That could make sense that's one of the main things going on here." Zuzu reasoned. 

Tsukune peered at the note. "I think Bris knows where that is.."

We all looked at her. "Wh-Wh..Yea, I might know where it is, but not the exact location okay?"  

"Well then let's go help her!" Kyo jumped on her mount, waiting for us to do the same.

A week ago I got my bear mount with the help of FairyTail. So I pulled the card out of my pocket and jumped on it. 

Riding on the bear always gave me time to think. On the way there, I thought about why she left and who she left with. 

It could be Defender. He was the last person out there. 

When we got there we started our search for Mandrake's camp. 

 "Hey, Let's fly high guys. We'll be able to search better." Hero said. 

 I nodded opening the wings on the back of my armor only to find out that they meant mounts. 

"So we just do a ground search then?" I called up. 

Hero nodded. "Unless you want to fly up here, go ahead." 

"You guys can be our ears and we can be your eyes." Kyo called. She was already high in the sky. "It's kinda hard to hear way up here anyways cause the wind is..everywhere." 

Looking around at the scenery, there wasn't much. The land was all slanted towards a small moat and ruins of a castle. 

The entire place was surrounded by a mountain except for two roads. One road led to The Glimmering Plains, and the other lead to Cragstone. 

 In the middle though, there was a huge plant. One red leaf was near the top that surrounded the tip of the plant. 

"Where is Mandrake anyway?" I asked. 

"He's got a camp somewhere around he-" Bris started to say. 

In the middle of her sentence, the ground started to shake violently. We all screamed and fell to the ground. 

"W-what's go-going on?!" I tried to yell. 

"E-ear-rthq-quake?!" Bris yelled. 

"No! Plantona! It's awake!" Hero yelled down at us. 

The huge plant was ripping it's roots out of the ground and starting to walk. 

Dirt flung everywhere. "Wings Kc!" 

I snapped out of my trance and deployed into the air. Bris had taught me how to. 

"Ugh. I think I got a headache." I rubbed my face shaking dirt everywhere. 

"Oh we got this. Even though it's bigger than I'd expected." Aly smirked pulling out several arrows. 

"Hmm I think I can chop those roots down to size first." Zuzu flapped by. 

"Go for it, but don't take all the fun!" Hero laughed shaking a fist playfully. 

Zuzu nodded diving down with sword out. 

He raised it above his head and sliced straight through. Even from up above, I could tell it was already redeveloping. 

"Ready? Go!" Hero shouted. Aly and Kyo shot numerous arrows at once. I watched them all form a thin wave towards Plantona. 

"I'm out!" Aly said. 

"Me too." Kyo mumbled. 

A majority of them hit Plantona and did a good amount of damage, but it healed fast. 

Hero was firing a flame explosion from her orb. It glowed a bright orange before hurling at Plantona. 

On impact, a gust of wind blew me backwards. 

"We have to wait for the quiver to regenerate our arrows. We fired too many at once." Kyo said. 

Hero nodded. 

"Zu, go down and attack it more. Aly and Kyo need to recharge." 

My brother nodded swinging by it and slicing it's size in three.

This time the tip was doing something.

Now, it had bended inwards and spit out green goo towards us. 

We all shreeked scrambling away. 

"Eckh. It's poisonous. I can smell it." Bris make a face. 

Plantona was now into three below us but was reforming. Not as one big one though, it was still into three. Those three were getting faster and I could tell Zuzu was getting tired. 

"I never thought killing it would be this hard.." Hero thought a moment. Then she said, "Zu you take that one on the far left. Kyo and Aly you take the one in the middle I'll take the last one over there. Bris! You know where Mandrake's camp is. Go find him and take Kc with you. This might take a while so we could be late."

 We nodded and I followed Bris in the location of Mandrake and his camp.