Part 1- Don't want no fuqboi

Bethany's POV-

"Guys suck!" I groaned as I slumped on the sofa next to my roommate Katie.

"What now?" She laughed.

"Well I was on a date and I thought it was going well but he gets a text and I'm like whatever but I get a quick glimpse and it's from 'bae' and I'm like boy bye and leave!" I grumbled still mad because he was cute.

"Aw what a dick." She pouted.

"I'm just gonna give up I swear!" I could no longer be asked with dating.

"Have you tried tinder?" She asked.

"No, full of fuckboys." I shook my head.

"Um it isn't! That's where I started talking to Cal!" She protested.

"Fine. But if he looks like a fuckboy imma tell him." I clicked onto my phone and started downloading the app.

"And that's why your single." She laughed, as I rolled my eyes and walked off to my room. Soon the app was in my phone. I set up my profile and chose a few cute pictures. This better go well.

Bethany, 240 miles away

Bethany, 24
0 miles away

• I don't want no fuqboi so if you is don't hmu

I started swiping and literally couldn't find anyone cute. There were a few though, one called Daniel, he's in university. One called Sam, he's in accounting (fucking boring but he's cute). And the last was JJ, he's a 'social influencer' and I have no clue what that means. Almost instantly I got a message from JJ.

JJ-

Hey ✌️

You alright?

Good, you?

Alright, also what's a social influencer?

Um... hard to explain
What's a fuqboi??

Think about that for like 5 seconds?

Ummm??? 😶

Fucks sake, a fuckboy! Can you not read??

Nope :))))

Lovely :) So should you be hitting me up?

I don't think I'm a fuqboi

I think you think wrong

What!? How come?

Those profile photos boi 😂

There ain't nothing wrong with my photos

The head tilt, the lack of smiles... dat bandanna

Hey I like my bandana!

Mmhmm (fuckboi)

How can I prove that I ain't??

Mmm... I'll think of something ;)

Ooh ok, I'll be waiting Beth

Don't call me Beth, it's Bethany

Sorry, Beth

I will kill you J

Oh so I can't give a nickname but you can

Indeed txt you later J

See ya Beth

I laughed and clicked off tinder. I lay on my bed thinking of how to get proof from JJ, imagining all the things I could make him do. Well that sounded dirty but I didn't mean it like that, or did I? Yeah, no I didn't. As I sat thinking Katie opened the door to my room.

"So hows tinder going?" She smiled.

"Pretty good, I met a guy called JJ." I returned the smile.

"Aw, also that's funny 'cause Cal has a friend.... never mind." She shook her head as if dismissing the thought.

"Speaking of Cal when do I get to meet his friends? Like he's cool and everything but you spend time with his mates without me like all the time." I asked rolling onto my back and looking up at Katie.

"I'll text him now if that'll make you happy." She laughed.

"Thank you." I squealed. Katie spent like all her time with Cal and his friends so I couldn't wait to meet them.

"He says 'we're all planning a trip to Thorpe park soon with girlfriends so you can bring Bethany, it'll even out numbers anyway' so yeah soon." She said reading out the text.

"Yay! I get to even out numbers which means I'm gonna spend the day sitting on rides with a stranger." I joked rolling my eyes.

"Oh it's just Jide, he's great and you'll be fine." She laughed shoving me to the side so she could sit next to me. Jide, odd name but I'm sure he'll be cool. Also Thorpe park is lit so it can't be that bad.

"What's Jide like?" I asked Turning to Katie.

"Unexplainable, but I'm sure you'll get along. You're very similar, you'll deny it at first but you are." She smirked.

"I don't deny shit," I said which caused her to shoot me an odd look, "ok sometimes."

"Most the time." Katie smiled getting off my bed and heading to the door. Her phone dinged and she stopped, "Thorpe park tomorrow, I'll drive and we'll meet them there."

"We better stop and get juice on our way!" I yelled after her.

"We will and I'll even take an Instagram for you!" She laughed continuing to her room. Well, tomorrow will be fun.