Part 23- Stone cold

(4 months later)
Bethany's POV-

"Fuck off Joe! You're actually such a child!" I screamed at Joe. It had become a usual thing. We argue so much. I couldn't even tell you why. Every little thing caused an argument.

"I'm not! I'm aloud to go out Bethany! Fucks sake!" He yelled back.

"Well not if you're gonna come home drunk and acting like a huge cunt! When JJ got drunk all he did was tell me how pretty I was before passing out on the sofa!" I clenched my fists but quickly cowered away as he stood over me. He wouldn't hurt me. Would he?

"Don't you fucking dare bring him into this." He growled before slapping me. Ow. I fell to the ground when he pushed me before he stormed off and slammed the door behind him. All I could do was cry. They were painful sobs rather than delicate tears. He hit me. What happened to the Joe I started dating? I picked up my phone. Who would be awake at this time? Only youtubers. I scrolled through my contacts and clicked on Josh's name because he as the first name I saw. It rung for what felt like years but soon he picked up.

"Hey Bee! What's up? You should be in bed sweets." He spoke cheerfully down the phone. Just the sound of another person who cared made a cry escape my lips, "Bethany? What's up?"

"He- he hit me." I cried down the line.

"What a cunt. I'm coming to get you, he could come back to your flat but he won't get past me if he try's to come here." Josh said in a comforting tone that seemed to relax my body and mind.

"T-Thank you." Is all I could get out between tears.

"Don't worry about it." He said before ending the call. When the call ended I picked myself up and sat on the sofa curled in a ball. How could it all come to this? Why can't I chose nice guys? Fuck.

•••

There was a knock at my door. I pulled myself off the sofa and wandered carefully over. There was still a chance it was Joe. I looked through the peep hole and there was Josh. Oh thank god. I practically flung the door open and he pulled me into a huge hug.

"It's all gonna be ok Bee. You're safe I promise." He hummed as he rubbed my back.

"Thank you." I choked out as Josh passed me a hoodie. It was always a thing that calmed me down, having one of the boys hoodies. They were oversized and smelt good. It just made me feel safe. I pulled on the hoodie and slipped on my shoes before grabbing my phone. I stepped out into the hallway and Josh wrapped his arm around my shoulders. We walked down to the elevator in a comfortable silence. When we got to the car park he opened the passenger side for me. I shot him a weak smile before stepping in. He quickly jogged around to his side before starting the car. The radio played quietly as we sat saying nothing. Josh drove back to the Sidemen house. Occasionally he looked over at me and at those times I would weakly smile to assure him I was doing fine. We got to the Sidemen house and all the lights were on. They have odd sleeping patterns. We both got out and we walked up stairs. Josh could probably tell I didn't want to be alone so I went into his room and sat on the bed. He turned on the TV for me before sitting in his chair and going back to what he must of been doing before I called. About 10 minutes later I started crying again. I don't know ok. I just thought about it and it made me cry. Josh immediately stopped what he was doing and sat with me. Hugging me and rocking me back and forth. The door creaked open quietly, Vik poking his head around the door.

"Everything ok in here?" He asked. His voice was quiet, trying not to disturb the rest of the house.

"Bethany's just. She's not doing great right now." He said carefully stepping around the actual reason I was here.

"Oh. What's up?" He asked. A sudden caring tone in his voice as he saw my tear stained face. Josh looked down to me. I looked up and nodded as if saying he could tell him.

"Joe, he hit her. I don't know what happened exactly but he slapped her and pushed her. I didn't want him coming back again. So I brought her here." He breathed as if he didn't breathe during that.

"Oh. Oh my god." He rushed into the room and sat down next to me, also pulling me into a side hug. Knowing that two people cared about me caused another flood of tears. They sat until I had cried all I could cry before Josh returned to working. Vik sat with me on the bed watching TV. As we sat I slowly fell asleep. In the comfort of a warm home where I am welcome. With people who care.