Part 21- Ice cream

Bethany's POV-

Well 2 weeks has passed quickly. Just kidding, it's been fucking hell. I just wanted the bed to swallow me whole at least 14 times... a day. But now I'm not going to show weakness. I have a shoot today so I can ignore JJ and then on the 23rd my new magazine is coming out. Yep they interviewed me! It was gonna be a surprise for JJ but now I guess not. I put on a hoodie over my jeans and T-shirt before heading down to the parking lot. I hopped in the car and turned on some tunes before heading down to set. Well at least it was a distraction.

•••

As I made my way into my flat I felt tears welling in my eyes once again. Nope. Not today Satan. I forced down the tears and continued into my flat. I fell onto the sofa and turned on the TV, using it more as background noise than actually watching it. There was knock at my door. Reluctantly I walked over and opened the door. Joe?

"Um hey?" I questioned.

"Hey. I heard about this whole JJ fiasco and.. well I know it ain't my place but I wanted to see if you wanted to get ice cream at the park. Breakups are hard and ice cream can help." He smiled.

"I- I, You know what fuck it. I'd love to." I replied. I slipped on my Jordan's, the ones JJ bought me, and grabbed my purse. As we walked down to the elevator we were awkward but soon loosened up. Eventually he actually made me laugh. A real genuine laugh. The first in at least 2 weeks. We decided to walk to the park and it was great actually. He's a really genuine guy. As we walked I asked him to take a photo and him being a sweetheart he agreed. We walked and I posted it just as we made it to the ice cream shop.

 We walked and I posted it just as we made it to the ice cream shop

Bethany.IX - My friends tell me someday I'll feel it too,
Until then I'll smile and hide the truth,
'Cause I know I was happier with you ⭐️
Photo creds: @Joeweller 📸
7,342 comments
Missministar - What?! Why's she not with JJ? Did they seriously stop hanging out over some girl? And hanging with Joe, that's a low blow 😞😒
KSimonQueen - No! What has happened?? The ship has sunk and I swear I'm gonna cry 😭And that caption is too much for my heart 💔
Joeweller - Looking good 😂🙌
Multiminter - Oh :( Guess her and JJ have stopped hanging out then, honestly really gutted 😭 The caption is too sad 💔

I liked Joe's comment out of the sea of sad comments from Sidemen fans. We walked up to the counter and ordered our ice cream before sitting at a table by the window. We ate and chatted before ending up going back to mine. When we got back we watched romcoms and told each other stupid jokes. Somehow we ended up in a cuddle. I didn't mind. All I knew is that I was with a cute guy, watching films I like and smiling 'till my face hurts.

JJ's POV-

As I scrolled through my Instagram I looked at Bethany's recent post. Oh. She's with Joe? What the hell? And that caption. She's sending such mixed messages. All I've done is felt sad for the past 2 weeks. I fucked up, big time. Actually huge time. It doesn't make sense but at the same time it does. I was falling for her, hard. I don't know what to do if I'm not spending time with her. You know what, I have a plan. I jogged downstairs and grabbed my keys before heading off. I popped to the local shop and picked up some roses before rushing back to the car. I drove in silence all the way to Bethany's. I need her. Badly. I hurt her but no one can love her like me. No one. I arrived at her flat just as it was getting dark. I practically ran the entire way to her flat. This was it. I cannot fuck this up. But then I heard laughing. Like her laugh when she can't breathe. The laugh that only I could make happen and that I loved to hear. Was she still with Joe? I opened the post flap thing and sure as hell there she was. Cuddled up with Joe on the sofa laughing her ass off. Oh. Now they're making out. That's cool. I'm fine.

I'm fine.

I'm...

I'm so not fine.

I threw down the roses and my back hit the wall. I fell to the ground and tears streamed down my face. What is wrong with me? I don't cry over girls. Or anyone for that matter. She looks happy. I'm not taking that away from her. I left the roses outside her door and made my way home without a fuss. I don't want to cause a problem in their perfect little world. My grip tightened on the wheel in frustration. Why Joe? Of all the fucking people she could be happy with. Joe. I was speeding now. Tears blurring my vision. I didn't really care. She doesn't really...

Contact.

Hit straight in the side of the car.

My vision is fading.

My hearing is just a light buzzing.

I can hear sirens.

Nothing.