Their Time Together

~(Y/N)'s POV~

I wake up to the smell of bacon coming from down stairs, I stretch out, then roll out of bed to go down stairs.

I go down to see Al talking to Ed about what they will do today, and Chloe with her mom making breakfast, Winry talking to Ed on the couch about his automail, with Ed not really listening.

"(Y/N!)" Chloe said.

"It smells really good." I said, smelling the air.

"Want to help?"

"Sorry, I can't boil water without burning the house down." We both laugh and I sit down with Ed, Al and Winry.

"You know, there is a few things to do in town. This is only the outside area, there's shops..... well.. that's kind of it. Sorry." I rub the back of my neck.

"It's ok, we can spare for the rest of the day, right brother?" Alphonse said, Ed nodded.

"Are there any automail shops!?" Winry said, in her automail geek nature.

"I don't know, but I know Chloe has been wanting to learn about automail." I see stars in Winry's eyes, how is that even possible?

"I could teach you the wonders of automail!"

"Foods ready!" Chloe's mom says.

     Winry grabs Ed and brings him over to the table. Then start eating, and thinking about what I'm going to bring for mom.

"Earth to (Y/N)? What do you think?" Chloe waves a hand in front of my face.

"Sorry. I was just thinking. Well, I'll be off now, bye!" I wave away as I finish the rest of my food and stand up.

"Bye (Y/N)!" I hear Al say as I walk out the door.

I walk around to the cemetery to see a little flower stand in the distance of it, then walk up to the stand. "One bouquet of cornflowers, please." I say.

"Here you go, that will be 500 shillings." I hand her the money and walk over to her grave.

I start to look down at the ground, not wanting to face the grave. Then sit down in front of it. "Hey mom, it's me, (Y/N)" I start to look up at it, then look down. "I've grown up a bit, can't you see? I've grown a bit taller." "I've meet some friends, they're really nice, along with a boy named Al, he's nice, sweet, supportive, and always there for me. I don't know what I feel for him, though, where you like this with dad?" I pause.

     Feeling a gut turning feeling in my stomach. "When did he ever love you? Why did he leave you, mom?" I look up at the grave then back down, feeling my eyes water. Then wipe them off with my sleeve. "I'm still pretty weak, but they're helping me, I've also joined the military. I know you don't like them, probably since they took dad away, but I got to meet this really cool guy who always talks about his wife and daughter, an alchemist who uses fire, an other alchemist who's really strong and big, and this really cool girl who is awesome with guns, and them." I feel myself smile a bit.

     "I wish you could see the both of them. They're cool, I think I might like one of them, mom. I know you don't want me to get my heart broken, but he's too nice to do that, I swear. Both him and his brother lost their bodies though, so I'm going to wait till after that, maybe you can even see it-"

I feel my emotions get the best of me, I feel tears roll down my face, I look straight at her grave, "I'm sorry mom. I'm so sorry I couldn't save you."

~Al's POV~

"Hey Al." I turn around to see Ed with a smirk on his face, looking at something.

"What is it, brother?" I look over at what he's looking at, a flower shop in the town. "Brother!"

"Do it! Do it! Do it!" Brother shakes around my armor.

"Are you going to get something for Winry?"

"Fine, but we both have to get flowers." We go up to the flower shop and open the front door. Brother orders Yellow  "2000 shillings" 2000? I hand over the money and take the flowers.

~Time Skip to Later that evening~

"Hey guys! Have you seen (Y/N)? It's getting late." I hear Chloe's mom say.

"I'll go get her." I say, standing up.

"Be careful, she hasn't seen her in a while, she's not going to be in to good of a shape." I nod to her in reply. I start walking over to the cemetery to see (Y/N) talking to the grave.

"He's really nice to, I want you to meet him soon, I don't know what I feel yet, but I'll tell you when I do mom." Who is she talking about?

"(Y-Y/N)?"

"Ah!Al! Don't sneak up on me like that! Well, I guess I have to get going." She looks back on the grave and smiles.

"I love you, mom."