You Should Never Doubt

I come home from school, with Nicole smiling proudly next to me, and Chloe looking slightly disappointed. We open the door, to see my mom sitting on a chair next to the door.

"I got a call from the school." She said, the corners of her lips downwards. "They said you got in a fight."

I felt a pain in my chest. How did she know? Who told on me? Was it one of the students?

"What's been going on lately?" She said, her voice stinging a bit.

"I don't want to be mean, (Y/N), but I know this isn't like you. Why did you do this?" Her voice is filled with sincerity but a touch of anger.

"I'm sorry.." I face to the floor, my hair is reveled to her, she gasps and walks over to me.

"Who did this?" She said, coming to my eye level as I felt tears come into my eyes.

"I'm sorry..." is all I could say, tears rolled down my cheeks, and my mom hugged me. It felt nice, even with all of the bruises.

"It was the people at school." Nicole clench her fists. "They beat her up, they cut her hair. She was to afraid to tell you!"

"Don't be mad at her. She was doing what was right." Nicole put her hands in her pocket, and looked at our mother and I.

"I'm coming to school tomorrow. I'm calling your father, too." She wiped away my tears. "I'm still disappointed you didn't tell me. I don't want you to keep things from me. But you're still in trouble." She said, as she picked me up and hugged me.

I wince in pain as I felt her hug tightening.

Tomorrow was going to be a long day.

I stare at the wall in shock. Who would do this to her? Why did she have to be involved? Why did I come back to her?

Chloe ran home and called the cops. They came 20 minutes after.

"Looks like a suicide to me." They said, looking at her.

"She wouldn't take her own life. I know that. This was a murder." I said, the cop pushed me back.

"Let the adults do the work here. Go sit outside and call your mother." He said, writing something down on his paper.

"She's dead."

"How about other family members?"

"One is in Central. But that's too far." I look up to him. "I know my sister wouldn't take her life. I might just be a kid, but I've known her a lot damn longer than you have. And I also know that she's been living alone for the last few years. Let me take over."

The man laughs, and shos me out. "Go home and be useful!"

"This is my home, asshole. Now stop observing my sisters body like it's an animal at the zoo." I snap, the man furrows his eyebrows.

"Who do you think you're talking to!"

"A low rank officer. Sergeant (Y/N), nice to meet you. Now get the hell out of my house before I make you."

My mom grabs my wrist and heads over to the office, where the principal is waiting. "How may I help you? You haven't scheduled an appointment with me."

"(Y/N), go wait outside for me." She smiles and kisses my forehead, I walk out and sit on a chair outside.

"Listen here, bud. My daughter just came home crying yesterday, her sister informed me that there has been some bullying going on in this 'institute' of yours. Is that correct?" She leaned on his desk.

"I was not aware of this." He said, sitting up a bit.

"Well, I've also heard that this has been going on for almost 2 YEARS. Ever since she's joined this school. So, none of your employees have heard ANYTHING about this?"

"N-No mam."

"My daughter has been physically, emotionally, and socially bulled and harnessed in this very horrible establishment for 2 whole damn years. And you have heard nothing, or have done anything about it!?"

"Ill get to it right away. D-Do you want to speak with their parents?"

"YES. Yes I do." She walks out of the room, but turns around. "If I hear anything else again, then I will personally come down to this school, kick your rich ass, and take you off the school board." She open the door and held my hand, "lets go home, sweetie."

I pack my things, putting my clothes in a suitcase, trying to walk over to everything. I've decided to go to Central and become a state alchemist for more money, to also look into Nicole's death, and to try and fix my own back sometime soon.

In this town, we don't really have funerals, cause no one died, but her's on Sunday. My heart aced for her, she was my sister after all, but I couldn't cry. I wanted to, but I physically couldn't, it's like my body has reached a limit.

I look at my clothes, and can't get my mind off of Nicole. Who would do such a thing? Who is after me?

Holy Shit.

Could this be connected to Tucker? Maybe.... maybe there's someone behind this all, what if he fused someone else to a different dog? What if he made that thing, before he died, and someone else took his place? They saw me rip their arm off, so their could be a higher source to all of this madness.

I need to get to Central.

But I need to straighten things out here first.

It was late in the afternoon, days before my birthday, when someone knocked on the door. My mom opened it to James, and his mother.

"Hello, Mrs. (L/N), I am very sorry for my sons actions to your daughter. I know that this wouldn't do much, but I hope it's a start. If or when your daughter's ready, I'll have my son personally apologize to her, right James?" James mom said, giving death stares to him.

"I don't want to....."

"Well you have to." Her voice cut like knives, staring into his soul. "She's a very kind girl."

He looks down, 'it looks like his pride is too good for that.' I thought, smirking at his weak form.

I go down to the café, using a walker that I borrowed from a friends friend. I open the door.

"Welcome to café Olay how may I-" James stares at me, and sees me walking, runs around the counter, and hugs me.

"James, I have to tell you something.." I say, trying to build the confidence to tell him.

His cheeks have a light pink tint. "Actually, I have to tell you something to. Let's say it at the same time, ok?" He smiles.

"Ok then, three... two... one!" We chant.

"I'm going to Central."

"I love you!"