The Guilt She Sets on Herself

"Hey guys!" I wave over to them, I'm sitting on a hill with a book in my lap. It looks like Alphonse and Edward just came back from something, but Ed had his arm and Al had his body, well, what I think it could look like. He was tall, taller then Ed, he had his blonde hair to the side neatly and was wearing casual clothes. His eyes where a bit lighter than Ed's, but sparkled. I walked up to him, and pecked him on the lips, smiling as I walked with him to the house.

"Dinner!" Winry shouted, as Den came outside to get to us.

We went inside, I went to pick up my spoon with my hand, which I found out both where real, before I see blood covering them. I look back and see my once automail arm fall off, and it felt like the world spiraling around me.

I start falling, I don't know where to, and what from, but I brace for impact. But it never came, I was standing in a white feild, the world was grey, the sun was a bright grey and the blue shy was a darker shade of grey.

I look back down at my hands, still covered with blood, and look up to see Maes standing in front of me, a wound in his chest, and shoulder. I reach to him, and he turns away, from behind me, Nicole starts walking to him, followed by Nina and Alexander. I blink, and they're gone.

I look around for them, or at least someone, and see Ed, Al, and someone else walking away from me, I see them kiss Al on the cheek. I run over to them, but I go through them. I see my dad to my right, and run to him, to see I'm invisible to him as well. I sit in the field, as others talk and laugh around me, what does this mean?

I wake up in bed, my head throbbing, and look around the room. I look and see my bloody, navy blue military uniform hanging in front of me, taunting me. I look at my hands, expecting to see blood, but they're clean. My arm is wrapped in a bandage, and my other arm is off, including my leg.

I hear the door click open, to see Winry.

"My.... my automail..." she looks at my arm and my leg, then to me, which I have blood spots all over me. I look down at my lap, as she hits me over the head with her wrench, which didn't even hurt anymore.

"What did you do?..." She looks at me, like she's about to kill me. I see her look over to the uniform and gasp. "(Y/N)...."

"I couldn't protect them, ok?" I say, anger sprinkled in my voice.

"Protect... who?.."

"Nicole and Maes....." I bit my lip as my head sank lower, trying to keep my tears in.

"He died... in my arms." I feel my voice chocking as I almost start to cry.

"No..... you're lying!" She shouted.

I feel a bubble boil inside of me. "Why would I be lying. I saw the light drain his eyes, he looked at a picture of his family.... he loved them... so god damn much. That's why he always bragged about them... he didn't know how long he had.." I bite my lip harder, trying to keep it all in.

Winry started crying, tears running down her cheeks as she hugged me. I grit my teeth, staying strong for her. I hear the door open soon after, it's Mustang.

"I need to talk to (Y/N)." He said, as Winry walked out of the room, hiding her face.

"What happened to him?" He said, his voice in anger.

"W-When I got to him, his shoulder was bleeding, and someone was pointing a gun at him, it looked like Gracia. It was inhuman. I tackled it to the ground, and it turned into Nicole, I shot it in the head, and helped Maes back... before I knew it, he was shot in the chest." I avoid eye contact with him, looking down at my lap, and at my one automail leg.