Teach Him How to Love

We're on the train on the way to Rush Valley. It's pretty late, and I'm just reminiscing about everything that happened today, they all sang happy birthday after my dad and I went inside, he teased me a bit about Alphonse during that too.

      After eating cupcakes and some games of Go Fish, and Maes along with Alphonse going head to head in a game, and Alphonse winning, I got some presents from Maes, my father, and Alphonse, we went to the train station. Ed and Lilly are fast asleep, which just leaves Alphonse and I sitting sort of awkwardly next to each other.

Alphonse walked over to me soon after I got inside. He was holding a little red box and blushing a bit. "H-Hey (Y/N).." He nervously gave me the red box, I open it to see a circular locket with an alchemy symbol on it. I open the locket to see a photo from Dublith, Winry is yelling at Ed while Alphonse and I are laughing at them. I look up at the nervous boy. "D-Do you like it?..." He said, nervously.

"This is awesome! Where'd you get the locket? How much did this cost you? I can pay you back f-"

"N-No! I want you to keep it, it's your present after all." He said, blushing a bit while saying it. I smiled at him and gave him a hug, in which he returned it.

And that's what happened, my dad got me an old photo from when we took a family photo, well, mostly. Chloe decided to jump in and stick her head in front of the family, my dad was going to argue, but my mom let her join in, and said: "She is family!" I always smile when I see that photo.

We sat there, waiting for the other person to talk, I look at my foot, still bear with half of a cement block on it. "You should probably go to sleep, we'll be getting off the train early." Alphonse said, as I leaned onto him.

"Right, goodnight." I said, slowly falling asleep on his shoulder.

Timeskip

"Wake up! We're getting off the train!" Ed shock me awake before I swatted him away.

"It's like... 5am.. I'm to tired..." I said.

"No, it's 9am! Wake up. Al, pick her up." I felt Alphonse lift me up and put be in his arms, I slowly nuzzled into his chest plate and fell back to sleep.

Al's POV

     "I can tell you love her." Brother skipped ahead of me with Lilly to him.

"W-What?"

"Stop lying... I can tell, you gave her gifts, hold her hand, not to mention blush all the time you're around her. You should tell her." He said with a very smug look on his face.

"W-Well, I-I did." I said, proudly.

"What'd she say?!"

"S-She l-loves me back."

"Then are you two official?"

"W-Well, I don't know. It's been pretty weird between each other."

"Did anything else happen? Your helmet is bright red."

"It is?"

Lilly turned around, and looked up at me. "Look, if you love her. Then tell her! Nothing will get done if you're being stubborn and stupid about it!" She pointed her finger at me, then put it down, and started looking down. "I-I'm sorry." She fiddled with her fingers, Brother patted her on the head and smiled.

"Nah, he needed that, I just didn't know how to say it." He started laughing as we arrived at Winry's new place. We walked over to see Winry, working very sleepily on automail, and look up and smile at us.

       "Why are you guys back so early?" She looked at Brother, then at (Y/N), and hit her in the head with a wrench.

     "Ow! You could've at least waited intil I was awake! And it was my birthday yesterday, so I shouldn't have gotten that wrench." She said, rubbing her head and climbing out of my arms.

     "Oh, you're turned 15, right? Then I should give you 15 birthday wrenches, and an extra so you don't break my automail again!" Winry held a wrench to (Y/N)'s face.

"Hey! I have a good reason." She showed her Lilly behind her, and we all went inside.

Timeskip

(Y/N)'s POV

"That's terrible, but Mr and Mrs. Curtis are very nice people, and I think they will definitely take you in." Winry said, giving her a smile and then turning to me. "Now you." She pointed at me, then stood up and paused, making me fear for my head and life even more. "It will take one day." She said, then went to work.

I sighed and sat down. "Winry is probably the only thing that has actually made me fear for my life." Ed laughed and I saw Lilly smile.

      "H-hey (Y/N)?" Lilly said, her blue eyes looking up at me. "When you beat up those bad people, you made the ground raise up. How did you do that?"

"Well.. that's alchemy." Ed said, trying to explain the best he can to a 7 year old. "What's that?"

"Alchemy is the science of reconstructing and deconstructing matter. Mrs. Izumi will be willing to teach you all about it, she's very... nice with her students." Alphonse said, trying to reinsure her.

"Can you teach me it?" She said, pointing to me, so, the whole morning, and afternoon, Ed, Alphonse and I taught Lilly everything we can about the basics of alchemy.