An Old Enemy

~Al's POV~

I hear Brother wake up on the other couch in the living room. "Morning Al. Is everything ready to go for tonight?" We're leaving for Dublith tonight, so (Y/N) can spend more time with her mother and Chloe, along with Winry helping out Chloe with automail.

"Yep. I told (Y/N) and Winry the plans to leave. They're both ok with it." Brother stretches out on the couch.

"When will you tell her?" Brother said, a bit jokingly.

"Tell her what?" I questioned.

"That you like her."

"Brother, I think we should try to at least get our bodies back first, and I don't even know if she likes me." I look at the flower pot, with the flowers I gave to her last night in it. "And I don't think any girl would like me in this condition."

"Come on Al! At least give it a shot!" Brother insisted, as we heard a door open.

"I'll.... try in a bit, Brother."

We both look up to hear footsteps coming from down the stairs. (Y/N) comes downstairs with Winry and Chloe, Chloe and Winry go off to the kitchen to make food while (Y/N) is going outside. "Hey Al?" She said, looking over at me as she grabbed her coat.

"Yeah?"

"Do.... do you want to come met my mom?" She glances down at the floor.

"I'd love to."

We start walking outside to the graveyard. I start getting curious and ask some questions about her. "What was she like?" (Y/N) looks down at the ground, smiling.

"Well, she was kind to us, even after my father left, she always found a way to make me smile, even when I did something wrong or got hurt. Oh! And she always made the best cakes, she loved when I showed her something I made, because she taught us some alchemy herself, she wasn't the best, but she could make some things." She looked down at the ground smiling, as if she remembered something.

~(Y/N)'s POV~
Flashback

I ran home crying, my arm bruised and bleeding a little bit. My mom was inside doing the laundry, and I open the door. "Mommy! The boys threw sticks at me!" Tears rolled down my red cheeks, my mom looked over at me and got some disinfectant and put on my cut, causing me to wince a bit. She put a little bandage on my arm and kissed my forehead.

"Does that feel better, (Y/N)?" I nod and smile at her.

"Thanks mommy!" I wipe my tears away and hug her, she hugs me back.

"I want you to be strong for me, ok? Those don't let those boys hurt you any more and show who's boss!"

"Yeah!" I proudly march outside and talk to the boys.

"That wasn't nice!" I was looking up at them, I was 5 years old, and the both of them where 7 and 8.

"What are you going to do about it!" The older one, James, exclaimed.

"I'm going to tell my dad! And when he comes back home, he's going to kick your butts! Just watch!" I stick my tongue out at them and run home. They try to catch up but I was to quick.

I went home to talk to Nicole, who was to go kick their butts. "You've got to deal with that on your own. Be strong, that's what dad would tell you." Then, she looked down at me and smiled.

End of flashback

~Al's POV~

     "She also taught me how to be strong, and that I should try things on my own." She looks up again.

"Well. Here we are." She goes over to the grave stone of her mother.

"Hey mom. This is Al, the guy I told you about." I waved down at the gravestone.

     That whole afternoon she told her about me, and I talked to her, when the sun started to set, a man, a bit older then both me and (Y/N), walked up to us. "(Y/N)? Is that you? It's James!" The guy walked up to us, he looked to be about 16, he had black hair, with light blue eyes and was pretty tall.

"I'm sorry for everything that happened back then, I truly am. Why don't we catch up? My mother's shop is opened for a bit and-" She cut him off.

"Sorry, but I'm leaving for Dublith tonight." She replied, almost instantly.

"Oh, well can I come along?"

"Well.. we don't have any extra tickets.. and the train ride is in a few hours.."

"It's ok, but here." He hands her a slip with a number.

"Call any time you want. You know there is never anything going on here, so I'd be nice to see an old face."

"Will do! I'll visit sometime soon! Bye!" We start to walk away and back to the house.

"So who was that?" I ask.

"It was just a guy who used to pick on me when I was little, probably cause I wanted to do alchemy, and it wasn't popular around here then." We walk home together, with comfortable silence between each other.

Author's Note

     Hey guys, thank you all so much for almost 400 views, it was just 200 less then a week ago! Also, I've been thinking of making little one shot chapters for ideas that don't fit into this storyline, what do you guys think? Thanks for reading!