An Encounter With Ling's Crew

We started walking down the streets of Rush Valley, occasionally getting stopped by automail engineers and pointing them to Winry's place. When Alphonse sits down in front of a street alley.

"Did.... you find a stray cat?" I say, looking over his shoulder.

"Well... not exactly." He picks up a teenager, in a yellow jacket, white pants, and a sword on his back.

"F...food..." He murmurs, we panic and buy him food from the closest place.

Plates on plates and bowls on bowls are stacked on top of each other on the table. People from Rush Valley look in awe at the black haired boys appetite.

"You guys really are lifesavers! I'm guessing this is your treat, right?" He said, with a smile on his face.

"When did I say I was paying?" Ed said with a bit of attitude, as always.

"Let's not ponder over something so small." The boy starts laughing.

"WHO YOU CALLING SMALL!"

"How grateful I am to have found such hospitality! So far from home!" He let out a single crocodile tear and wiped it with a handkerchief.

"Wait, you mean your not from here?" Alphonse said, as I looked on from the sidelines of he conversation.

"That's right! I came from Xing!" He responded with a sense of fantasy in his voice.

"Xing huh? That's.... the country east of the desert?" Ed added.

"Yeah, and crossing that desert was tough, let me tell you."

"Why would you come all the way to Amestris then?" I chimed in, also wanting to be included to this conversation.

"I wanted to visit the runes of Xerxes. My route went by them."

"I thought there was nothing out there." Ed said, as he remembered something from a while ago.

"I was heading here to do some Alkahistory research."

"What's Alkahistory?" I said.

"I believe it's what people in this country call alchemy."

They started to talk about the relationships with other countries around Amestris, and the history of Alkahistory. I zoned most of it out.

"Is there any chance you guys are alchemists?" He said, as I zoned back into the conversation.

"Yeah. I'm Edward Elric, a state alchemist."

"I'm his younger brother, Alphonse Elric."

"And I'm their guard, (Y/N). Nice to meet you."

The yellow jacketed boy stood up. "And my names Ling Yao. It's a pleasure." We all shook hands with Ling.

"So Ling! What else can you tell us about Alkahistory?" I said, a bit excited to learn a form of alchemy you can use to heal someone.

"Well, I'm not actually an alchemist." I felt defeated as Ed got slightly irritated.

"If you don't practice Alkahistory, then why did you come all the way over here to research it?!" Ed said, annoyed at Ling.

"Well, you see, I'm looking for something. It's possible you've might off heard of it before.... The Philosopher's Stone."

I spit out my imaginary glass of water and Al and Ed looked at him with determination. "I'm very eager to find it. Do you happen to know anything about it?"

The space between Ling and us got silent. "No, we don't." Ed said. Ling has a devilish smile on his face.

"You wouldn't be lying to me now, would you?"

A person with a hood and a mask puts a knife to Ed's throat and a sword in Alphonse's armor. I pull out a gun I got for joining the military and point it at Ling, being ready to fire. "What's with your interest in the Philosopher's stone? And if you don't draw your weapons, I will shoot him." I say, pointing the gun to Ling's head. I honestly don't know how to shot this, but it's real and loaded.

Ling has them draw their weapons from Ed and Alphonse, and he smirks again. "I want to achieve... immortality."

'That's pretty shallow...' I thought to myself, pointing the gun down.

"Immortality? What a bunch of nonsense." Ed said, still a bit worried about the masked person with a knife in hand.

"Not to me it isn't." Ling said.

"Well, I don't care for your way of asking questions. It's pretty rude, don't you think?!"

He went back to punch the person with the mask, but they jumped away from it, and went to kick him in the face, until I put a wall above his head. Alphonse grabbed the sword that was put into his chestplate, but the man kicked him back, leaving him flat on the ground.

Alphonse and Ed start fighting them, and I look back at Ling. "So, what's your problem? Why are you doing this." I ask, as he slowly draws his sword.

"Well, I know you alchemists know more about the stone then your tell-"

"But we don't, so go retrieve your minions and look somewhere else." I said, getting ready to kick ass.

He draws his sword and tries to cut through my leg, but nothing happens, he keeps trying and gives up on that. "What, is your leg made of metal or something?!"

He said, going for my head, I grab the blade and hold it in my dominant hand. "Yes it is, and in other news, you ripped my pants leg, so your not going to have a fun time."