That All I Really Need

There's going to be a lot of spaces in this chapter, even though this is in the story, I thought that I'd be cool to get a few little fun stories before the main event. Have fun!

Reunion

I walk up to the front door with Alphonse's hand in mine, it's been a few weeks since I got back, and Alphonse wanted to come with me so we went last night to go see my town and Chloe. I swing open the door and walk in, while Alphonse follows me. I hear noise from the kitchen so I walk over, and see Chloe with a knife in her hand, chopping vegetables.

"Hey." I said, as Alphonse walked to the side and smiled a bit. "I'm home." Chloe turned around, and sprinted towards me to tackle me in a hug.

"You idiot!!" She said, sobbing into me. She murmured it over and over again, her voice cracking at the same time.

"I'm sorry, Chloe." I said, with a faint smile on my face, as she looked at me. I pated her head, and comforted her until she stopped. She got up from me, then punched me on the shoulder, hard.

"Ow! I'm still recovering!" I said, wincing at my sleeve.

"That's what you get," she said, chuckling. I smile at her, knowing well that she's the only family

Date.

"A... date?" I questioned, tilting my head to the side a bit.

"Yeah! You know, when two people who like each other go out and do something. You should ask Al!" Chloe exclaimed, since Al was out of the house getting dinner.

"N-no way! I-I don't know what we'd do, plus what if he doesn't l-like me after all this time and-" She grabbed my cheeks, and made me look at her, squishing them a bit.

"Listen sister, you're doing it or I'll ask him for you. Or... I could tell him about that one time when you where 7 when-"

"Ok I'll ask him!" I said, covering up my blushing face as Chloe took her hands off of my cheeks.

"You've got this! I'll be your wing girl!" She said, smirking a bit as she ran out of the house.

"How should I tell him?" I thought out loud, walking back and forth as my auto mail leg clunks to the floor with every step. "I could be like: hey do you want to go to blank, no that's to foreword, and I can chicken out easily. I could say if he wanted to go on a date with some pickup line, but I'd hate myself more than I already do for saying that." I murmur to myself before plonking down onto the couch, as I open the windows to let in the crisp autumn air to cool down my red face.

"We're back!" Chloe said, holding a bag of store bought lasagna, while Alphonse held the milk and some soda.

"I'm not used to having people over." She said, putting it down as I helped Alphonse with some bags to put them into the fridge.

"How is everyone doing?" I asked, sitting down on a chair next to her.

"The last few years have been rough. After Nick died, people have been leaving left and right. There's about 200 people here now." She said, twirling her thumbs.

"What about Nicks mom?..." I said, feeling guilt sink in that I don't deserve.

"She's about to close down her bakery, she's been.... different since it happened. Who can blame her?" I feel dread crush me, until I hear a chair move and a hand on my back, rubbing circles with his thumb to calm me down. I feel a weight lift off of my chest, as the joy of being here sets in.

"So, what are you doing after visiting?" She said, changing the subject as she served the lasagna.

"I don't know, I'll probably go back to Resembool, and study some different types of alchemy." I said, picking up my fork as Alphonse takes his hand away from my back.