A Sad Reunion

"Where am I?" I look around the field I was in, and get up to my feet, I'm in a dress, my automail limbs replaced with real ones. I walk around, trying to find someone or something to help. I then accidentally fall, but don't. I look around.

I'm flying. I fly up and down and up to see if there's any towns. I see a city, and fly to it. I go to the streets, skipping past people who don't reply to me, I walk into one of them, but walk through.

"What's going on?" I look at my hands, it looks like they're transparent. I look around and see the graveyard, it looks like someone died.

I walk over to it, and see Alphonse and look up to him. His red orbs look like they're going to cry. I see Ed, and he's covering his face with his gloves.

Winry is there, too. She's dressed in black, and her head is buried into Ed's shoulder. I see my father, fighting back tears for someone.

I see a military hat being carried to a grave, four men holding the coffin. Soldiers are gathered around them, I walk over to the grave and read it:

(Y/n) (L/n),
1899-1914
Daughter, Friend, Soldier

I wake up in a cold sweat, and sit right up. I look down and the gun is in my lap, I throw it. I bring my knees up to my chest, and try to calm myself down. I get up and make myself some toast, looking around my dads house at the same time. Winry wakes up soon after.

"I'm heading to the train station." She said, her voice shaking from crying. Her eyes where red and puffy, and her hair was a mess.

I nod at her. "I'll bring you."

"You don't have t-"

"I'm bringing you." I said, as I put my hair up and went to change.

Soon after, we both left my dads house, got lost in the new part of Central before finally arriving at the train station an hour later.

As we walk in, I see a train car pull up into the station. 'That must be Winry's train.' I thought, handing her back her suitcase. I watch as people get off and see a golden haired boy.

"Ed?" I almost shout, as he turns back and walks over to me and Winry.

I look over to the train, and see Alphonse come out. "Alphonse! Over here!" I shout, as he almost runs over to me.

He gives me a big hug, almost lifting me off the ground a bit, we both laugh as he puts me down.

"How are you walking?" He said excited.

"There's a lot I have to tell you guys. After Winry leaves, we'll stay at my dads house." I say as Ed and Winry are arguing about his automail. I smile at Al, feeling happy again.

"I've got to go!" She runs onto the train, we smile and wave as she leaves back to Rush Valley.

We start walking to the house, getting lost on the way, before finally arriving at the house, and I knock on the door. He swings it open and lets us all in.

"So what exactly happened?" Ed said, as we sat down at the table, my dad giving Alphonse a death stare for some reason.

"Well, when I went back home, I found out that Nicole was murdered, some stuff happened with James and I was able to fix my back with alchemy." I said, leaning back in the chair.

"How did you fix it? What did you exchange?" Ed said curiously.

"I exchanged it for about 5-10 years of my life." I said, the room went silent for a second, before I continued talking. "I came back to Central and found some things about the homunculi, my theory is that they're based off the Seven Deadly Sins, and Envy was the one to kill Nicole." I slide my notebook over to them, as they both read it.

"You're handwriting sucks." Ed said, chuckling a bit.

"It's probably better than yours, I have to write with my non dominant hand cause the other one is automail, and I'm not used to it."

"Why aren't we staying with the Hughes?" Alphonse said.

"...... A couple days ago, he was attacked in a photo booth, I tried to fight... it.... it wasn't human, it shifted into different people, it turned into Nicole. When I shot it in the head, it healed. I tried to get Maes to safety, but it was to late. He was shot in the chest and shoulder. He died on my watch. It shot me in the arm, and ripped my leg and arm off." I look down at the table, Ed and Al where in noticeable shock, not saying a word.

"The funeral.... it's tomorrow, you should be ready." I said, as I stood up and walked to my room.

Time skip.

I dawn on my only dark blue fancy shirt and pants, as I look over at the uniform and remember all the blood, all the tears, and all the pain. Ed and my dad are in suits in ties. We walk down the street in complete silence. I feel something hold my gloved hand, I look up to see that it's Alphonse. I smile at him weakly. When we arrive there, there's lots of whispering.

"Wasn't that the girl who killed him?"

"She's only a child."

"She's a monster."

I try to not let the words affect me and focus on the ceremony. Men carry his coffin as everyone watches in silence. Shots go off as people lower the coffin into the hole, and cover it with dirt.

"Mommy, why are they putting all that dirt on daddy?" Elicia said, holding onto Gracias' hand.

Gracia starts crying. "They're burring him, dear."

"But if daddy gets buried, he wouldn't be able to do all his work."

I bite my lip, and clench my fists. It should've been me I thought.

"Daddy said he has a bunch of work he needs to do!" Mrs. Hughes picks Elicia up and hugs her.

Armstrong is the first officer to crack, covering his eyes with a gloved hand. I always heard he was outgoing and caring to people, and in the war, couldn't take the burden of killing all those people.

"No! Stop it! Stop putting dirt on him! Daddy!"

I cover my eyes, not to hide tears, but to hide the burden that I, (Y/n), couldn't save anyone, and probably never will.