The Girl in the Mountains

~Al's POV~

Did she just say that? Am I dreaming? No, I can't dream. Well, I could dream figuratively, but not literally. So am I figuratively dreaming? She loves me too? I feel my thoughts wrap around my head, the flowers, holding hands, hugging, blushing, is that what couples do? What do couples do? Well, they kiss, and that.

I start to feel embarrassed with myself and what I thought. Why am I thinking these things? I look down at her peacefully sleeping, with strands of hair falling over her face. I feel a warm feeling in my "stomach." What is this feeling? Wait, I know

Love.

Time Skip

"(Y/N)! Wake up!" Ed starts shaking (Y/N) around, and is still on my shoulder, she begrudgingly opens her eyes, and sits up. Her hair a bit tangled in a loose ponytail.

"We're here!" Winry has stars in her eyes for some reason and is spinning around with her automail bag on one shoulder and grabbing Brother's hand with hers. We follow behind her as she drags us around place to place looking and pointing at automail and having Brother buy them for her.

They would make a good couple.

"Hey kid! Come over here!" A guy points at Brother, he looks like an automail technician.

"Yeah? What's up?" He grabs his arm and looks at it, a group of people surround him and examine his arm, then his leg, while his clothes are being ripped off to his underwear. (Y/N) and I start laughing.

"That's why you should've been wearing gloves. You're in a town of gear-heads, after all." (Y/N) said, tugging her gloves down a bit to hide her left arm.

"They just want to see your automail!" Winry said, as Ed gets people swarming around him.

Brother gathers his clothes and puts on his belt and checks his pocket, and starts panicking.

"Brother? What's wrong?" I said, as he looks around.

"My pocket watch... the only thing that proves I'm a State Alchemist... Is gone." He pauses, and lets the panic set in. "Shit shit shit!" Brother panics, we all start looking around and at people for the watch, Brother and (Y/N) threatening them with blades made from their automail.

When Brother went up to one of them, they said: "Oh yeah! There's a thief that usually steals from tourists." He said, pointing off into the distance.

"Really? Where can we find them!" (Y/N) said, knowing that if they didn't find them, Mustang would kill them both.

"Sure..." The man said, "if I can take a look at your automail!" He said, grabbing (Y/N)'s arm and rolling up her sleve. She turns her finger into a blade and points it at the man's throat, causing him to tense up. "S-She lives in the mountains!"

Timeskip

(Y/N)'s POV

     We've been walking up this mountain for what feels like forever. We can't tell what time it is, due to Ed's lack of a pocket watch. Winry and Ed sulk in the hot and humid weather while I'm on Al's back, because he's surprisingly cool for the weather and offered too. Winry and Ed are a bit further away and I remember something:

"I love you too."

I feel my face heat up, why did I say that? Do I really love him? What's going on?

"Hey Alphonse?" I say, putting my chin on his shoulder.

"Yes (Y/N)?" He replies.

"D-Do you love me?" He tensed up, his helmet turning a shade of bright red. "Y-yes I d-"

"Al! We've got to go! I see the thief!" We look down at Ed, who is transmuting his way to a girl. I get off his back and start trying to corner them. I use my alchemy to try and catch her into a box. "That's so cool!" She said at me, then jumps over a wall that Ed made.

Timeskip

     Winry grabs her, and we all run over to her. "Nice job Winry!" Ed said.

"I'll never let her go!" Then she knocked her to the ground, and pulled up her pants leg.

"Not until I see this automail!" She grabbed the thief's leg and inspects it. After, a man comes out from a house beside us.

"Made some new friends?" The man said, smiling at us.

"You could say that." She said, as her leg was being inspected.