Then I Realized

I feel myself on the verge of bursting into tears. I pull myself together and look at him, and put a hand on his cheek and smiled a bit.

"I'm so used to being shorter than you. I guess the tables have turned." I said, looking at my slight height advantage. I felt something wet on my hand. He's crying.

"It's just.... I thought you where gone.. and after so long I thought it was for good and now.... now you're here and.." He kept going though tears, and his head leaning into my palm. I wiped his tears.

"Well, I'm here. Look." I got his hand, and put it on the left side of my chest. He blushed a bit. "Is my heart beating?" I said, as he nodded. I put my hand on his chest. "Yours is, too. So we're both alive. I'm back, Alphonse." I looked at him, only being a few inches shorter than me and snuggled into his chest, feeling his warmth instead of his cold armor, and a heartbeat instead of nothing.

"I love you."

"What the hell happened?!" Winry yelled, as I winced a bit at her volume.

"It's a long story. I'll tell everyone later. For now, can I get a new leg?" I asked, as she sighed a bit.

"Yeah, but I'm charging you."

"I'm broke!" I complained, as she took off my phone leg, then stuck on a wooden one.

"I guess you'll have to do some house work around here, then." She said, going over to her workbench with my leg.

"Wait, I forgot! I have something from Gracia." I said, standing up to go into my bag. I grab the Apple pie and place it down on the table. Winry glanced over and smiled.

"That's going to go amazing with the stew for desert!"

"So do I not have to pay for my leg now?"

"50% off." She got out her materials, and shoed me out. She'll always be the same. I walks downstairs, feeling the lightness of the wood as I flop down onto the couch with Al next to me and Ed on a chair.

"So, what's happened around here? What's been going on?" I say, sitting up a bit, and straighten myself up on the couch.

"Nothing really. Alphonse has been healing, and a few people stop by every now and then. It's too quiet." Ed said, shrugging.

"To quiet? This is amazing. It reminds me of my own town... the roads, the vast hills and trees, then the shops downtown! I wonder how they're doing, after everything that happened there... Nick... Chloe... Nicole.." I murmur until Alphonse gently pinches me to snap out of it. I stick out my tongue at him, as he chuckles.

"So what about you? What happened?" Alphonse asked, as I collected myself.

"Well.... a lot. After everything happened, my dad somehow brought me back to life, arm. leg and all. I also saw Lilly, she's.... she's grown so much." I paused for a minute. "She's doing great."

There was a wave of silence, before Ed spoke up. "What comes next?"

"I don't know. Well, in the week I'll have to visit Chloe, that's going to happen. I'm going to find out where my father was buried, too. After that... I don't know. I might check out my childhood home." I said, leaning back onto the couch. "Wait, I forgot!" I jumped up, and grabbed my bag, pulling out the apple pie container, and opening it to them. They both shot up, in awe and joy.

"I visited Garcia on the way here. They're both doing great, by the way. And Mustang is his usual self." I said, closing the container and looking around in my bag.

"It looks amazing!" Alphonse said, as I felt myself smile over him freaking out over an apple pie. Who can blame him?

"I haven't had her pie in a while." Ed said, looking up to try to remember. "I even forget what it tastes like."

"How? It's one of the best things I've had. Especially with a bit of ice cream." I feel myself almost drooling over it. "Although, you can't appreciate ice cream, can't you Ed?" I snickered.

"It has milk!" He pouted, looking to the ground.

I forgot how much I miss this. Our arguments of the stupidest things, the split personalities between these two. It makes me miss the long train rides, the countless fights, the nights in different places. I miss them. But, now I think we can all start a new chapter.

After hours of talking, eating, laughing it was finally night time. There are two bed rooms in the house. Winry and Ed's, then Alphonse's. Just to clarify before continuing.

"It's all good. I can sleep on the couch." I said, getting some pillows, already changed into a tank top and shorts I borrowed from Winry, which in my opinion where to short.

"No way, I'll sleep on the couch." Alphonse said, grabbing the blanket.

"No, it's your bed."

"Well, you're our guest."

"But I want you to be comfortable."

"Well I want you to be comfortable, too."

"But-"

"Why don't you both sleep upstairs?" Ed said, stuffing his face with a second piece of pie. He was leaning causally onto the counter, watching the argument. I felt my face heat up immediately, and cover my face with my hand.

Alphonse went upstairs first, in silence. Then I followed him, and saw he was already in bed, reading. I felt a blush creep up onto my face as I walked over and laid down next to him, with a space in between us. I turn onto my side, looking away from him to make it less awkward, trying to think how nice this room was and the wall in front of me is. I heard him put his book down and turn towards me, I glance over to him but look back to my wall. But then I feel a pair of arms wrap around my waist. I roll over and look at him, both of us blushing. I decide to nuzzle into his chest.

"Remember when I used to fall asleep on your shoulder during train rides?" I said bluntly, I wrap my hands around his neck and look at him.

"Yeah, how about when we finally said I love you to each other?" He said, giving be a light smile.

"Yeah, I remember feeling so embarrassed after."

"It didn't seem like it." He said, gently putting my forehead on his.

"Well. I'm not as much as I am now." I pecked him on the lips. "I love you."

He pulled me into a gentle kiss, pulling me closer to him then putting his chin on top of my head. "I love you too."

Sorry for the late update! October came along with Inktober and a bunch of high school shit so I've been staying up late and doing all that fun stuff. This book will end in a few more chapters, hopefully I'll have time this weekend or Columbus Day to write them. Bye!