And So She Left

A Few Weeks Later

(Y/n)'s POV

Today is the day I'm planing on leaving. I've spent a lot of time devising a plan to escape, which I decided to break down into steps

1. Get the keys in a way he doesn't notice.

2. Find the best way out of the house.

3. Ask someone for help; most likely on the streets.

4. Go home.

It seems simple in theory, just to escape and run. But, last time I went to the bathroom, I switched out his medicine with what he used to spike my drink. I also planned it on a Thursday, since he will be out grocery shopping. I need to escape in the window after he's asleep, and get him to take his pills while I'm in the room. This should hopefully work, since he takes them while I'm eating.

I'll just have to wait for it to play out.

Thursday Morning, 8:00am, Central

"Happy month anniversary!" I woke up to James above me, as he kissed me on my cheek and smiled.

"I decided to make you something special for today." He brought out my favorite food, along with some sides for breakfast. He kissed me on the forehead and sat next to me as I ate it.

I looked over to him and saw he was taking his medicine. I'm guessing the keys are in his back pocket, so I'll have to get them then. I'll have to distract him for 15 minutes until he faints.

"James?" I said, putting my food aside.

"Yes honey?" He looked at me, I thought of something to start a conversation.

"I wanted to thank you, you protected me from them, and I would've gotten into a lot of trouble if it wasn't for you." I said. He held his stomach for a second.

"Are you ok?" I said, putting a hand on his back as I tried to look caring.

"Yeah, it's probably just the medicine I take." He said, laying down next to me. He cuddled into my neck as I laid next to him awkwardly. He dead weighted me as I slowly tried to get him off of me.

I jumped up and grabbed the keys, then went over to unlock the door. I start sprinting, down the stairs and through the door. I look around the sunlit city that I've almost forgotten. I look on the streets, looking for someone I knew.

"(Y/n)?" I heard a familiar voice say behind me. I turned around to see it was my dad. He ran over to me and scooped me up into a hug.

"I was so worried about you Pumpkin.... I thought they killed you." He cried into my shoulder and I hugged him back. This is one of the things I missed when my dad was gone, his hugs that felt like a warm blanket and made you feel safe where ever you where after whatever happened.

He whipped his tears away and lead me home, with a warm smile on his face. I look down at the scars on my hands, and my automail hand that I have to get fixed, then at my smiling dad that is happy to have me back. Yeah, this is home.

POV Switch

"What do you mean she's gone?!?" The angry man said, banging his hand on his armchair.

"She drugged me. I promise to get her back." The boy said, afraid for his life.

"Don't bother. You'd be more useful dead than alive my now." The man stood up, and grabbed the boy by the neck. He dug his nails into his neck, as a red fluid was coming from him, looking inhuman.

The fluid went from the boys neck to the mans hands, getting absorbed. The boy fell to the ground, pale and almost lifeless.

He reached out for someone, or something, before his hand swiftly fell to the ground, then he became lifeless. The boy would be known by any as these three traits: Lustful, Envious, and Wrathful.

POV Switch

(Y/n)'s POV

I wake up in a bed again, and tiredly get up, remembering all the times I woke up in that horrible room.

I get up and take a long awaited shower, feeling a burn in my cuts as I wash them out, then put hydrogen peroxide on it after I shower. I get dressed in some jeans and a jacket, it's winter after all. I go and get the first aid kit and wrap up my cuts then hear a knock at the door. I look over, then reluctantly open it to Mustang.

"I heard you popped up again." He said, stepping inside.

"Just yesterday, actually. I'm leaving the military, by the way." I said, looking up at him as he looked at me a bit surprised.

"Why, exactly?"

"There's something going on around here, I don't know what it is, but I'm going to get out of here. Where did Ed and Al go to?"

"Up North, to Briggs. They said they where looking for something up there. Are you going after them?"

"Nope. If they come back asking if I'm here, tell them I'm fine. I'm getting out of here, and you should too."

"Got it. Give this to your father, alright?" He handed me a hat, which looked like it was for the military. He left and I looked at it. A little piece of paper fell out of it.

Be ready for the promise day.