A Dark Alley

Timeskip

     It's been a couple of days since we left Rush Valley, when we got back to Central, everyone was acting weird. Even Colonel asshole! So, I asked Riza what happened, and she just said he's had a lot of paperwork and has been drinking a lot more.

I don't buy it.

     Also, we decided to give the Hughes some space, a few people told us that the Hughes family fell sick, so we're staying in a hotel with two beds for now. And after days of researching and going around Central, we're here to present day.

     I was walking around Central to get some food for Ed and I, when I saw a group of grown men in an alleyway. Anyway, so I decided to go over to them, being curious about the situation. When I got a bit closer, I realized something about the all of them. And also realized there was more than a group of grown men, they where looking in a corner and laughing and kicking something.

     When I got a bit closer, I saw a little kid, holding a kitten for its dear life. When the men saw me, in my new military uniform, they where confused. "Why is there a little girl walking around the back alleys of Central with a military uniform?" One of them stepped out, the tallest of the group.

      "I'm seeing what's going on here, and it doesn't look good. If you step forward now, there will only be minor consequences." I say, trying to look more imitating being a good two feet shorter than all of them.

"We're teaching her a lesson for getting to attached. Now move along, girly." He said, spitting at me. That's when I snapped, with everything I had, I kicked the man where it hurts, and kicked him in the stomach, causing him to go stumbling into the wall. The other men looked surprised, and the little girl looked at me in awe.

"Move aside, assholes." I spat, looking up at them.

      When I felt myself being grabbed my the foot, and being pinned down to the ground. "I warned you, girly." The man said, pulling at my arm.

"Call me girly one more time... I swear.... I'll rip your head off!" I clapped my hands together, and formed a hill under myself, sending the other man falling to the ground and hitting his head right on the concrete.

      But, he was grabbing my foot too, so, that came falling off with him. "What the hell! I just visited my technician!" With steam coming out of my ears, the other men ran off, leaving me with the little girl, and her cat. The girl had darker skin, with clear red eyes and brown hair. Her clothes where torn and she was crying, her cat crawled out of her arms and curled up next to her.

     "Hey, hey. It's ok." I transmuted some stone to my broken automail foot so I could walk. "I want you to carry your cat for me, ok? They're gone now, I promise. It wouldn't hurt anymore." I picked her up and held her in my arms, and carried the crying, afraid girl in my arms.

"And that's what happened." I explained to them.

"I told you to go to the store to get dinner. You came back with a girl and a cat. So... What the hell, (Y/N)!?" Ed said, his stomach growling.

"Oh relax, besides, Al likes cats. There where men kicking her and screaming at her, and I had to do something about it." I said.

     I place her down on my bed, she's shaking and holding onto her cat, baring her face in it.

"I wanted to help her find her parents, you don't have to help, but she's staying till we can find them. And you can go get take-out." I say, sitting beside the girl.

"I think we should help brother. She's lost and afraid. We can at least have the military track her parents." Alphonse said, trying to side with me on this situation.

     "I don't have parents." She said to us, hiding her face.

"Then we'll find you some, ok? Now, what's your name?"

"My name......" she thought for a minute, looking around the room at us, Ed was intrigued in her, Al and I wanting to help. "My name is Lilly." I don't know why, but it felt like that name tugged at my heart. Wanting to rip it to shreds, I held it back. No. I have to help this little girl, I need to save a life instead of destroying it.

     "Ok..... Lilly. We're going to bring you to the military office, but for now." I brought out a first aid kit and looked at the little girl.

"I need to stop your bleeding. Ed, get some food, ok?"

"We would've had food if you actually went to get it." He murmured.

"I heard that!" I yelled, as he shut the door and I helped tend to her wounds.

    "Why where you in that alley?" Al said, while playing with the cat. "Well, I was walking home, and they started grabbing me and yelling at me for what I look like." She wiped a tear from her eye, as I wrapped the last bandage around her arm.