The one with all the cute nicknames.

I waited for Hardik at the hotel.
It had been 10 Minutes and he hadn't showed up

I sat on a leather chair in the lobby reading Vogue.
A couple of minutes later somebody tapped me on my shoulder.
I turned around and saw Hardik smiling at me.

" Took you long enough. " I told him and he mumbled a sorry.

We went to his room on the 8th floor and he unlocked it and went inside, I trailing behind him.

" Let me get my kit and I'll be out of here" he said and dropped my bag on the bed.

I nodded as he picked up his kit bag and went out of the room.

I was about to close the door when he put his hands of the door frame and leaned in.
His smell was intoxicating

" You sure you don't want me in there? I can be of great help you know" he said and I blushed furiously.

" Shhh. Get out. " I bit my lip and then recovered myself and pushed him by his chest. He didn't budge.

" It's my room love."

Love?
If he keeps saying such things in such sexy voice, my hormones would loose it
It's not like I haven't done anything.
I've had my share of boyfriends and flings.
But what me and Hardik have is strictly professional and I would like to keep it that way.

"Plus you know, he's really not into you. He's just messing around and he's so out of your league"

My conscience reminded me and I rolled my eyes and shoved it to where it belonged.

" Look at you, blushing and Everything. Also, don't bite your lip, it's so fucking distracting." He said , winked at me and left the room with a stupid smirk plastered on his stupid face.

It hadn't even been 24 hours since I've met him and he's already having this effect on me.
I felt my cheeks burn as I closed the door of the room.

The room smelled like him.
His suitcases layed in the corner with its contents spilling out.

I unzipped my bag and took out a white t-shirt that had the Indian team's logo and three stars at the right side just above my breast.

I pulled my hair in a ponytail and applied lip gloss that I carried every where I went.

I grabbed my phone and the team laptop and rushed outside the room.

Hardik was leaning against the adjacent wall

" Well took you long enough. Chalo. I have to lock the room. Sab le liya Tumne?" He asked me and I nodded as he locked the door.

" Have you ever watched a cricket match live? Like in the stadium?" He asked me as we stepped in the elevator.

" Nope. " I told him and and looked up at him
He was atleast a half feet taller than I was.

I hadn't watched any game in the stadium.
I once went from a charity football match but that was it.
My mother thought tickets to cricket games were way too expensive and she would rather buy me something else that was actually of use.
She also believed that stadiums were too noisy and sweaty and she preferred watching matches at home on the TV with the air conditioning on.

" Well you'll make up for it starting tomorrow. Tomorrow's the first match of the Australian tour. You'll have fun"

He told me and smiled.

" Would I be in the pit, the dressing room or the stands? " I asked him and he shrugged

" Stands are for friends, family and girlfriends or wives.
Which clearly you aren't. Yet.
*Wink*
So you'll probably be in the dressing room since the pit is way to hot.
Partially because of the humidity of the city and partially because I will be in the pit" he smirked.

I scoffed.

" Yeah right." I said as we walked out of the elevator and into the lobby.half of the team was already there.

" Kya kar rahe the?" Manish asked Hardik and Hardik shook his head.

" Tuje Kyu batau?" He said and slapped his arm.

I flushed, shook my head and walked over to ajinkya who was buried in his phone.

" Hey. " I said and he looked up at me

" Hey. Excited?" He asked me and I smiled wide.

" Very"

" Chalo. Let's get going" Ravi sir said and we walked out of the hotel lobby to the team bus.

There were atleast 20-25 people with huge cameras clicking continuously as their flashes blinded me.

How do the guys do it all the the time.
Geez it's like a thousand suns shinning right in your face.

I walked dangerously close to ajinkya who looked at me and laughed.

" Khanar nahi Tula."

( They won't eat you.)

{A.N. Since he's Maharashtrian and Reva is a Maharashtrian, thier conversations sometimes would be in Marathi. To all my non- marathi readers. Do not worry , for I will write what it means next to it in English}

"Scared love?" Hardik Whispered appearing next to me.

He's gotta stop calling me love.
And he's gotta do something about the extremely sexy voice.

"No" I said but it came out as a squeak.
He chuckled.
I cleared my throat and said no again, more clearly.

" Whatever you say sweetheart"

Okay so now. It's sweetheart? What is with him calling me cute names.

I glared at him and he smirked back.

We boarded the bus and I took a deep breath of relief.

I sat down on the nearest seat I could find.
Everybody else followed.

So this boys have defined seats or so something?

I looked out on the window only to be tapped on my shoulder by someone.

I looked up and it was Hardik.

" That's my seat" he said

No.
Not happening.

" No it's not." I told him and he raised his eyebrows.

" It is. I always sit here. Ask anybody. "
He said challenging me.

I took a sharp breath and got up.

" Hey hey. I didn't ask you to get up. Just shift inside. There's enough place for both of us. " He said and held my arm.

I sat down, slid towards the window as he sat down next to me.

" Someone is going to be hell of a distraction today at the practice. " He whispered and his raspy voice sent goosebumps down my spine.

I shot him a glare and he shrugged.

" Telling you the truth sweetheart. " He said and plugged in his earphones, leaned back on the chair and closed his eyes.

Why does he have to keep hitting on me.
He knows I'm his psychologist right?
He's probably just messing around.
Most days I would see right through a boy's facade.
But no matter what I do, I'm not able to read him
I keep staring at him as he talks to other guys or me.
I watch him when he walks with his hands in his pocket.
I watch him as almost all of his expressions end with a smirk or a laugh.
There's something about him
And I don't know that yet.

" I told you love, if you're gonna stare, take a picture, that will last longer. And don't worry, you'll have enough time to drool over me for the next 3 years" he told me, his eyes still closed.

I didn't realize that I had been staring at him the whole time.

I didn't say anything and looked away hoping that he doesn't open his eyes and notice my flushed cheeks.

3 years is going to be a long long time.

----------------------------------------------------
Here's an update! Sorry for the wait.

Vote.
Comment.
Tell your friends about the story.

Until next time.