-Thirty Nine-

*3 Months later*

The time was ticking with one minute left on the clock. The pressure was on as i ran down the field, ball at my feet, dodging anyone who stood in my way. This was my final game for the team, as i was now retiring from football. Not for good, just for a while. I was now officially assistant-manager of One Direction. Niall begged Paul to give me the job so he could be with me everyday. He never forgave himself for what happened to me. He promised me he would look after me and this way he always knew where i was and i would always be with him. 

I didnt protest of course, but i would miss football and my team alot. I stopped just before the goal, placing my foot ontop of the ball, eyeing up the goalie, a smirk spread across my lips as i kicked the ball, watching as it flew past the goalies head, the whistle blowing, ending the game. Everyone cheering, i smiled, throwing my hands up in the air. "Well Chels, what a fantastic last game" Coach smiled, patting me on the back, "Thank Coach. And thank you, for everything you've done for me over the last 15 years of my life" i smiled, pulling him in for a hug. I said my goodbyes to the rest of the team and let me tell you now. Alot of tears were shed. I made my way back to my apartment, where the boys already were, they left straight after my game. 

"There she is" Niall smiled as i walked in the door, pulling me in for a hug. "You were amazing" he whispered, kissing the top of my head. "Champ. Full on smashed it" Louis said, "Thanks" i half chuckled, pulling apart from Niall. "I'll be right back, gunna have a shower" i smiled, making my way to my bedroom. I grabbed a towel, nickers and bra, making my way into the bathroom. I turned on the water, waiting till the steam was rising, slipping off my football gear, kicking it aside as i slipped in the shower, the warm water hitting my skin, sending a shiver down my spine. I stood there for a while, just letting the water run over my body, humming to myself, before washing my body and hair. 

I turned off the shower, grabbing the towel, wrapping it around my body. I dried my self, slipping on the bra and nickers, wrapping the towel around my head. Walking out into my room i grabbed my greay sweatpants with purple Adidas written down the leg, i slipped on a white baggy singlet and a pair of mint-green socks, slipping on Niall's hoodie. I unwrapped the towel off my head, placing it back in the bathroom, brushing my hair before leaving it out natural and wavy. I made my way back into the lounge, collapsing next to Niall on the couch. 

"You ready to start tour again?" I smiled at the boys, they all nodded. "Its going to be amazing" Louis smiled, "and i'll get have you with me everyday" Niall whispered just loud enough for only me to hear, i smiled at him, pecking him on the lips. We sat there for hours talking about the upcoming tour that was starting tomorrow, the places we were going to go and the memories we would share, laughing and wondering what the future would hold. "Paul said he's got some hard tasks for you to do" Harry smirked at me, "Yeah, its called looking after you" i smirked back, Harry's face instantly looked hurt, gasping. "Oh she got you so good" Zayn laughed at Harry, "Talking bout you too Malik" i smirked, he looked at me shocked, placing a hand over his heart. I chuckled, "Dont act hurt, you know you're all little shits" they all nodded, chuckling. "Dont think i wont whoop your arse if you piss me off" i warned, pointing at all of them, "Including you" i poked Niall in the stomach, smirking up at him. 

"Well, i'll just have to be the worst little shit then wont it" he smirked down at me, i smiled as i leaned up, pecking him on the lips. "Well, we're off. Got a big day tomorrow. See you then" Liam said as he got up, followed by the other boys who all said their goodbyes, leaving Niall and I alone. "Im sorry you had to give up football because of me, i just want you to be safe" Niall said as we made our way to the bedroom, i smiled at him as i walked into the bathroom, changing into my pyjamas before diving under the covers for warmth. 

"Dont worry about, cause baby you're worth it" i smiled at him as he crawled in next to me, "But i know how important football is to you" he said, "But you're more important to me" i half whispered, resting my head on his chest. He wrapped his arm around me, pulling me as close as he could, kissing the top of my head, flicking off the light. "Plus its going to be an adventure" i smiled, drawing patterns on his bare-chest. "An adventure that i cant wait to start with my favourite girl" he half whispered, "An adventure thats only just begun"