Chapter 12

×××××××××××××××××××××××××××××××××
Chapter 12 -
Retrouvaille Will Be Worth It
×××××××××××××××××××××××××××××××××

"SAVE HIM, PLEASE! I DON'T- I don't want to lose him….”

“You don't deserve this either. I'll set you free, but-”

“I'll do it.”

The past couple of days wasn't so happy go lucky for you. You had weird dreams, but all you heard were voices in the dreams. A voice of a woman. Though there was one that was very vivid that came a few weeks later.

You were running, you had no idea where you going, but you had to get home. “STOP HER! DON'T LET HER GET AWAY!!!” The voice screams out the orders and many feet stomp closer behind you. You were panting heavily and hide behind a tree, holding a bundle close to your chest. Everything was very quiet and you peak around. Nothing. Suddenly masked metal face was behind you. You screamed, dodging their hands and ran again. “THERE SHE IS!” A hand roughly grabs and yanks the back of your top. The movement caused to wake up the bundle and it cried.

They began to drag you back toward the others when a glowing black rock sprouted between you and the stranger. The others had come and took out swords then began cutting rocks as it sprouted like a barrier. You glance down at the tiny face in the bundle, “Shhh, it's okay. Shhhh.” You didn't know what to do when small black rocks made a small trail, making a glowing path in a direction. You look up at the sky, “Thank you.” With that, you ran down the path as the crying settled.

You jumped slightly when there's a knock on the door. “(____)! It's almost time for your History Studies again.” Cassandra said and knocked again, but she heard you groan. “Not this again.”

You pulled the covers over you when Cassandra came in and dug in your wardrobe. “Stop sulking around for at least one day, kid, and enjoy something.” You sat up and gave her small glare. She smiles, throwing a dress at you and it lands on your head, “Get ready.” You grimace at the dress, “Is there something…..with pants?”

Cassandra has her hands on her hips, smirking, “I know you're tired of dresses, so I'll make an exception.” She goes to the door, “I'll be right back.”

Soon Cassandra comes back with boots, pants, and a fancy top with a vest. You change, feeling much better than the dress and follow Cass to the library. “I have to check on something, so good luck on learning.” She pats your head and you roll your eyes, but smile slightly as she gives you a warm smile.

In the library, there's a table with familiar dark skinned man with books. Xavier, that's what Quirin said. “(____). I remember you were with Quirin. It's good to finally meet you.” He holds out his hand and you take it as you two shake hands. He frowns when you sit and wait with a sullen expression.

“So you were the one Quirin had to drop off here. Little One, I see you are unhappy. I seen you and the boy when you two first came to town.”

You miss Varian and you just wanted to go back. Now you felt more out of place especially in this castle. Xavier sits down, “You two are close, I'm positive you will see each other again. There is some sort of bond between you both.”

You look at him and smile softly. Xavier chuckles, “Now. I am not only teaching you History, but also Legends, Myths, and maybe potions.” Your eyes wide and you smile more. “Though let's try to keep the last one a secret.” Xavier says, chuckling in joy. You nod and so your studies began.

Cassandra comes back a few hours later and she's dressed differently, more casual clothing that's not a dress. You follow her as she explains where you're going, “The Queen and I decided you should do something fun today. You know, get all those sulky nerves out of you.”

It was quite sunny outside with a few clouds here and there. You stopped when you seen Queen Arianna with three horses. “Riding Horses?” You question, not really liking the idea.

Arianna hears the disliking in your voice and smiles, “Aw, come on. It'll be fun, especially when you ride around.” Cass whispers, “It's more fun racing or fighting.”

They both easily get on their horse, but you just stared at the saddle. You bite your lip and try to do what they did. Suddenly you're on the ground as the horse neighs after running off. Arianna and Cass glance at each other, “I guess it’s teaching that we're doing today.”

It didn't turn out “FUN” like they said. Everytime, you fell off, got bucked off, or you were chasing the horse so you could get on. Arianna and Cass watch you run after the horse. “I feel bad for her.” Arianna spoke up which Cass looks at the scene lazily, “That she can't ride a horse?” Arianna shakes her head, “Not that. We have no idea where she came from, no one knows who she is, plus she can't remember anything but her name. It actually took awhile for her to figure out her name, well, from what I heard.”

Cassandra blinks then holds up her hands, “Wait a minute, Your Highness. You're saying she might be an orphan who has amnesia?” Cass looks at you with a knowing expression. “No wonder why she's sulking. She just feels out of place here and she can't do much if she can't remember.” The Queen nods, “All we can do is be there when we can.”

You come back over, frustrated and tired, “May I go to my room now?”

The three of you walk toward the room they gave you which was right above the King's and Queen's room. There was another room right above yours, but no one stayed there. “I'll take it from here, Cassandra.” The Queen said.

You sighed, going behind the folding screen and change into a night clothes, thankfully it wasn't a gown. When you come out, Arianna is sitting on your bed and she smiles kindly while holding up a hairbrush. You let her brush your hair since you didn't want to mean to her.

“I know it's been rough living here especially with all that went on, but just know we did this to protect you.” You didn't reply and just stared toward the open window. Queen Arianna sighs, still brushing your hair, “You miss that boy and I'm sure he misses you too.” You feel yourself tear and blink it away before nodding.

“Retrouvaille, (____). If you can't wait, find a way because from what I seen, nothing in this world can't keep you two apart.” You turn to her and she smiles confidently, “Have faith in him and he will have faith in you.”

After she leaves with a goodnight, you go to the window and step out onto the balcony. The moon was back and it felt nice with moonlight shining on everything. You look out toward Old Corona, “Goodnight, Varian. I'll see you soon.”