Chapter 27

(Warning: Long Chapter)

×××××××××××××××××××××××××××××××××
Chapter 27 -
A Spontaneously, Yet Bombshelling Proposal
×××××××××××××××××××××××××××××××××

“Do I really belong here?” You say to yourself softly after grabbing your satchel from your room and flip through your journal. You skim past the pages which held some dreams you had while staying with Varian. Some were just drawings and you didn't know what they were.

You watch the water make the moon’s reflection slightly wavy and sigh.

“(____)? You don't look to well.” Cassandra asks from behind you and sits next to you. Her eyes look to you in worry, “Did someone say something to you again?” She then glares and punches her hand, “You know I will not hold back and I'll make sure they don't-”

You chuckle softly and close your journal, putting it away, “No, Cass. You don't have to beat sense into someone. Besides, it was that Duchess of Quintonia.” You gently tap on the metal emblem on your bag, “It's not only that.”

Cass sits there, listening to you. “Sometimes, I feel like I don't belong here. Like I'm supposed to be somewhere else.”

“(____)-”

“I know it doesn't make any sense to you. Cassandra, I'm to the point where I'd go almost everywhere to feel like I belong somewhere.” You felt a heaviness on your chest, closing your eyes as the phantom pain comes back, “I just feel like I'm not supposed to exist and that somehow I was being used…...for something.”

Cass glances away then hums, “Well…..I will say my true opinions for this.” You feel her place your hand on your arm, “(____), you do belong where ever you feel at home. Home is where you're meant to be. If you want to find it, then get up and go out there.”

She smiles warmly, “No one is holding you down and if they are, then fight your way to freedom.”

Everything she said made you feel much better, but you still had a nagging feeling that you did something wrong. “Thanks, Cass. I usually have Varian to help, but……..he's not here at the moment.”

Cass hums, smirking, “I'm sure he'll come around, especially how close you two are. I mean I never met him, but judging by the way you talk about him. He seems nice.”

You roll your eyes, laughing, “Anyway, what are you doing out here?”

She stands along with you, “I came out to look for you and Raps. She's probably upset about the whole not good welcoming.”

“She is. Everyone is pressuring her with this Princess stuff, I mean she if she does take this commitment, then she won't be free as much.” You say and follow her, looking around for Rapunzel.

“You have a weird way of thinking. I like it.” Cass says before hearing something and walks toward the docks.

She gestures you to be quiet and you two see Rapunzel and Eugene, sitting in a docked boat. They didn't notice you both since you’re in the shadows.

“Of course, I do. I love with you all my heart Eugene.” Rapunzel holds Eugene's hand to her cheek, smiling then frowns.

Eugene sighs, smiling softly, “Look, I know this has got to be weird. No one’s expecting you to take it all in overnight, but believe me. I've been all around the world…” He waves a hand, “...and it doesn't get any better than this- this castle.”

You raise a brow and whisper, “I know this is suppose a moment but I think Eugene is slightly on a different page.”

Cass nods.