Chapter 16

(Warning: Singing Ahead)

×××××××××××××××××××××××××××××××××
Chapter 16 -
Royal Guard Chase
×××××××××××××××××××××××××××××××××

Flynn is hung up by his shirt beside you, "Hey." You smile at him in greeting then turn back as Hook-Hand threw his weapon, nearly missing the young concertina guy. He started to play his concertina and Flynn had an are you serious look. "Is this really happening?"

Hook-Hand started to sing, "I'm malicious, mean and scary. My sneer could curdle dairy; And violence-wise, my hands are not the cleanest!" He gestures to the outline where a body might have laid.

"Apparently." Flynn sighs heavily, so you just pat his arm.

"But despite my evil look. And my temper, and my hook!" Hook-Hand walks up to the stage and after throwing someone.

You raise a brow as a spotlight appears out of nowhere and shines on the stage, "Where is that coming from?" Flynn scoffs, "Right?"

"I've always yearned to be a concert pianist!" Hook-Hand started playing the piano, "Can'tcha see me on the stage performin' Mozart?" His hook knocked all the keys off after a long note. "Tickling the ivories 'til they gleam? Yep, I'd rather be called deadly! For my killer show-tune medley! Thank you!" The blonde girl smiled happily. " 'Cause way down deep inside; I've got a dream!"

Everyone began to move to the music and sang along, "He's got a dream! He's got a dream!"

You tilt your head, "What's her name?" Flynn glances at you, "Blondie? Her name is Rapunzel." You moved to the music to since it was catchy, but couldn't help to think that her name was familiar.

"See, I ain't as cruel and vicious as I seem! Though I do like breaking femurs. You can count me with the dreamers! Like everybody else; I've got a dream!"

Big Nose now sang up near the stage, "I've got scars and lumps and bruises. Plus something here that oozes." He waves to his armpit and sang more about his appearance, "And let's not even mention my complexion! But despite my extra toes!" He shows his toes which Flynn grimaces at. "And my goiter, and my nose."

You roll your eyes and grin, running up next to Big Nose and sang, "He really wants to make a love connection!" Big Nose smiles happily, handing  Rapunzel a small flower as she coos. "Can't you see me with a special little lady?"

You laugh as Shorty holds up a small umbrella as Big Nose rows in a giant barrel, "Rowin' in a rowboat down the stream? Though I'm one disgusting blighter!" You sing again, "He's a lover, not a fighter --" Big Nose ties Shorty to a rope then pushes him. "'Cause way down deep inside; I've got a dream! I've got a dream!"

Shorty just swings around the pub with a smile as everyone is in a chorus with Big Nose, "He's got a dream! I've got a dream! He's got a dream!"

Flynn looked like he wanted to be out of here, glaring the whole time. "And I know one day romance will reign supreme! Though my face leaves people screaming. There's a child behind it, dreaming --" Big Nose looks up dreamily before hugging you and Rapunzel, "Like everybody else; I've got a dream!"

You pull Rapunzel over to Tor, who fixes skulls and flowers together in dangerous beauty. "Tor would like to quit and be a florist." Rapunzel claps joyfully.

"Gunther does interior design!" You sang, waving to Gunther who proudly straightens a painting.

"Ulf is into mime!" Ulf goes up to Flynn to get hom to smile, but Flynn ignores him.