Chapter 22

(Warning: Slightly Singing Ahead.)

×××××××××××××××××××××××××××××××××
Chapter 22 -
All Is Forgiven, For Now
×××××××××××××××××××××××××××××××××

Varian waits until his dad left outside and heads into the bedroom. “(____)?” He sees you crying silently and comes over to sit next to you.

“Hey, what happened?”

You feel his hands softly grab your shoulders and you slightly pull away. Varian has a hurt look, but stays next to you, “(____), tell me. Please?”

“I don't belong anywhere, Varian. I thought it was because I don't have my memory of anything, but it's a feeling.” You tear more, “I'm lost, both mentally and physically. I don't know who I am. Who cares for me now? I don't have anyone like all of you.”

Varian doesn't say anything and you'd thought he would get and leave, but he didn't. He pulls you into an embrace and your head is under his chin as he holds you close.

You didn't know how you were going to keep distance from Varian. He made you feel safe and comfortable. Varian gently runs a hand over your hair and you cling to him.

After a awhile, Varian hears you breathing steadily and looks to see you're asleep. “When I see you cry. What I'd give to hold you.” He sighs, knowing his dad something to upset you, “But my hands are tied.” He glances down sadly, “So I watch you cry.”  

Varian softly wipes your tears, “When I see you bleed. What I'd give to heal you, in your time of need.” He picks you up, trying not to wake you from your sleep and walks toward his room, “If I don't, I won't succeed.”

You shift slightly when Varian lays you on the bottom bunk, but you quickly fall back asleep. He pulls the cover over you, “So I try. Yes I try.” Varian sits on the edge, "You are not alone. There's a love beside you."

He smiles softly and takes off your glasses, "Though this wall is stone. You are not alone." On the beam above, a raccoon quietly goes across it, but stops to watch you and Varian below.

"Let me lead your way. More than just a shadow. With you every day. Beside you;" Varian leans down, kissing your forehead, ";to guide you away."

Varian gets up and heads out the door, feeling determined. The raccoon smiles and follows Varian above. "And I try, Yes I try!"

Running outside, Varian smiles and glances around to look for Quirin. "There's a hill to climb. These minutes slip through hands of time." He walks around the village and groans mentally, not spotting is dad, "And the hill is steep. And I know talk is cheap."

"Oh, but we'll be ok. So trust me as I lead the way." A villager points the direction Quirin went and Varian waves a thanks before jogging, "Yeah, we'll be alright if you just hold on tight!"

"Cause I try! Yes I try!" Varian sees his dad and takes a deep breath, "And I try! Yes I try!"

Quirin is walking back from somewhere and he spots Varian before sighing silently. He knows Varian is going to talk about what happened. Quirin always knows his son is curious about everything and quite naive sometimes.

“Varian. Not now.”

Varian steps in front of his dad, “No. I just want to know why you told (____) that she doesn't belong here. Why? She cares about us, Dad.”