Chapter 44

(Nope. No puppy love yet, gotta wait for Great Expositions.)

×××××××××××××××××××××××××××××××××
Chapter 44 -
Cassandra V. Eugene
×××××××××××××××××××××××××××××××××

The paint brush is lightly dipped into a tiny pot of pale blue paint and slowly the brush is raised up to the blank canvas. It goes toward the surface, but shakes in hesitation. Up to the canvas, down away from it. Everything seemed undeceive in that moment until it stays in determination.

“FITZHERBERT!!!!!”

You drop the paint brush and try to catch it, only to paint your arms as the wooden brush tumbles to the floor.

“I DON'T KNOW WHAT YOU'RE SO UPSET ABOUT?! Oh wait, no, those are the wrong choice of words. I DON'T CARE WHAT YOU'RE UPSET ABOUT!”

“Again?” You groan in irritation and look to the drawing you did of Varian, which is in your journal that sat on a small podium, next to the canvas.

Varian had went back home a few days ago and right when he left. That's when Eugene and Cassandra started a constant bickering between each other.

You wanted to try to use paint for a slightly bigger portrait of Varian, so you asked Rapunzel if you could borrow some of her paints.

So far, it hasn't been turning out good. One reason is because of Eugene and Cassandra. Second reason is because the paint doesn't work well with your work.

The pile of four canvas sat near your bed. Now you hear Cassandra, Eugene, AND Rapunzel talking loudly.

Down in the King and Queen's private dining room where you usually sit with Rapunzel and Eugene, you had found them in there.

“To be fair, I asked SEVERAL times if I could use that thing!” Eugene points to Cassandra’s halberd.

“And I said NO every TIME!” She hits the hilt on the floor.

Eugene grins smugly, “Which shouldn't matter because I don't LISTEN to you.”

“Guys, this is getting ridiculous.” You felt a headache coming on and rub your temples.

“Eugene, a halberd should be handled by a skilled warrior!”

Eugene laughs mockingly, “Hello! Skilled warrior, you forgot Flynn Rider…” He takes the halberd from Cass and spins it around skillfully. “....has handled plenty of weapons.” He swung as he nearly misses the vase. “See?”

You walk over next to Eugene, then slide the vase off and it breaks.

The three of them stare at you with mouths wide open. Rapunzel panics, “(____)! You realize-”

“I am aware that this is your dad's one of a kind, irreplaceable and favorite vase.” You point to Cass and Eugene, “If you two don't figure out how to make-up soon, then I will tell King Frederick you two broke it.”

Eugene gasps, “You're blackmailing us! I am not getting blackmailed by-”

You yell in panic, looking down at vase, “EUGENE! WHAT DID YOU DO-”

Eugene covers your mouth and Cassandra took this opportunity. She mocks him with a laugh, “HA! Way to go, EUGENE.”

“Wha- oh, well I'll just say THIS is faulty halberd in my defense.” He holds up the weapon and let's you go.

Cass smirks, stalking around Eugene, “Hey, I have an idea Eugene. Why not just steal another one?” She slaps her forehead sarcastically, “Oh, oh wait wait. YOU CAN'T! This is a one of a kind, VAZ!”