Chapter 67

(Question: What would Mimi, Rudiger, Owl, and Pascal sound like if they could talk?)

Sorry if this chapter is short.

×××××××××××××××××××××××××××××××××
Chapter 67 -
Companions Are The Best
×××××××××××××××××××××××××××××××××

You're sitting at Xavier's table with four chairs occupied with your friends. You nervously play the strap of your satchel. Rapunzel had taken off your shoes and grimaces at them before tossing it outside.

“No more secrets, well, the ones dealing with Raps hair. So explain.” Cass demanded.

“It started the exact same time Rapunzel had gotten her hair back.” You started, not looking at them. You looked like a child who had gotten in trouble as you lay your head on your arms.

“I got this mark on my forearm right when Rapunzel’s hair appeared. Since then, I just hid it with gloves because sometimes things happen when I don't have them on.”

You sigh, “There are other things, but it confuses me more than anything. It's weird….sometimes the rocks talk to me like I can understand them.” You rub your temples, “Then flash backs that I don't understand.”

They're all silent.

“That's all I know.” You add on.

Rapunzel tilts her head, “What mark?”

You take a breath and lift up your sleeve to show them. They examine it.

“I've never seen that before.” Cass states.

“Neither have I.” Rapunzel says.

“(_____). You know, we're all in this together.” Eugene looks to you.

Rapunzel smiles warmly, “That's true.” She seems hesitant about something. “How…. How is Varian?”

You glance away sadly, “It…..it took awhile to get him to calm down. He was really hurt Rapunzel…..” You tear, “I didn't know he left and when I go to his house. His dad was have encased in some sort of amber caused by the rocks.”

You wipe your face and frown, “It happened and there was nothing to do to help.”

It grew quiet again and this time Xavier broke it.

“Well, we all have had a long night. I'm happy you all managed to stop Sugracha in time and I'm glad it was only Sugracha got out.” Xavier sighs, “Luckily, it wasn't one of the Brotherhood of Zhan Tiri who got out.”

Eugene looks at him with a not so serious face, “What do you mean by Brotherhood of Zhan Tiri? You make it sound like it's just a group than a million spirits.”

“It is just a group. The main ones who stand by Zhan Tiri’s side.”

Cassandra glares, “How many are in this group exactly?”

“There are six, but it's nothing to worry about. We stopped the only spirit who got out.” Xavier smiles and stands up, “Now Princess, did you have a mural to paint?”

Rapunzel smiles, “I completely forgot about that.” She sighs with a pout, “I still don't know what to paint. That thing takes up a whole wall.”

“That big? Why not just have others help you?” You ask.

Rapunzel suddenly perks up with a huge grin, “I know what to paint now! Thanks (____)! It's good to have you back!”