Chapter 73

×××××××××××××××××××××××××××××××××
Chapter 73 -
Putting The Heart Back In The Alchemist
×××××××××××××××××××××××××××××××××

A quick wooden bang from the trapdoor had alerted you, Arianna, and Varian. You see Varian slip behind the curtain with his staff. He glances at you two then rolls his eyes when the trapdoor squeaks.

“Augh!....What? What is this?” You hear King Frederic.

Varian silently counts down and grins when the trapping chemicals are released.

You and Arianna glance at each other as Varian goes out, making sure to close the curtain again. You blush and felt a little ashamed when Varian laughs evilly, “Welcome back….. Rapunzel.”

Varian grabs Pascal and Mimi who were on Rapunzel’s shoulder, locking them in a small cage. Rudiger had been watching the whole thing, but he didn't want to disobey Varian, so he just hid.

“Varian, I demand you release us. Tell me where the Queen is?” Frederic demanded.

Varian tsks, “Your MAJESTY. I know it's hard for you, but the first time in your life.” He slams the cage on the table. “YOU are in no position to demand ANYTHING.” He slightly glares at the King and Princess.

Rapunzel frowns, “I know you have my mom, Varian. I'm also worried as to where (____) is.”

Varian walks to her and frowns, “What's it to you, Princess?” He pretends to examine his fingers, “I recall that you didn't even check once on (____) in the past few days, not even to check on me. Some friend you are.”

You hear his footsteps stop in front of the curtain. “BUT since you all are so keen on this whole friendship and family thing, plus in the spirit of compromise…..how about I meet you all half way.”

The curtains are pulled back and you see Rapunzel and Frederic’s feet trapped in pink goo.

“Mom!” Rapunzel gasps and reaches for Arianna, but Frederic holds his daughter from falling. Her green eyes have a look a despair, “(____)!”

Arianna gives Rapunzel a reassuring look, “We're okay, Rapunzel.”

Rapunzel glares, “Let them go Varian, please!”

“First you're going to do something for me.” He steps in front of you two.

Frederic growls, “What do you want?”

Varian rolls his eyes, “Oh! So NOW you care about what I want.” He laughs sarcastically while kneeling down next to the Queen.

He grabs her shoulder harshly, “And all it took was threatening the ones you love the most.” Varian frowns at them.

Varian furrows his brows and realizes you've been quiet this whole time. He shakes his head and laughs, “Are you enjoying the show, Lady (_____)?”

You glance at him and he's smirking at you which you blush and look away.

Varian shrugs and heads to the other side of the lab, pulling out the drill.

Rudiger silently crawls over to you with clear chemball which was the neutralizing particle and a key in his mouth.

You take them, hiding the chemball in your pocket with the key.

“What are you going to do Varian?” Frederic asks.

The drill is pushed close to the amber and Varian shrugs, “Yeah, I’ll-I’ll spare you the details about the Sundrop and darkness.  Blah blah blah and get to the good stuff.”