Chapter 57

×××××××××××××××××××××××××××××××××
Chapter 57 -
Run, Child, Run As Fast As You Can
×××××××××××××××××××××××××××××××××

The moonlight floods into the room and Quirin glances up at his room door. A faint glow is coming from under the door. He sighs in relief and leans back, falling back asleep in the chair.

“BRING ‘HER’ BACK!”

An angry voice shouted an order faintly.

Not soon after, the sounds of metal and moving gear thumped. It got louder and louder as the thing drew closer and closer. The haunting tune drawing out around the thick forest.

You pant while running as fast as you can. Your heart racing just like this chase. You suddenly duck as a metal claw like hand nearly nips your back.

It's arm creaks while going to grab for you. Your eyes widen and you roll before getting up and running again.

The Automaton started following on all fours while two others came behind. Their eyes glowing green in the darkened night.

The wind blew harshly and it began to rain heavily. Everything was blurry and you push your hands out to throw back branches in your way. The tune was getting closer. Those Ancient Mechanisms that use to guard you.

The ground beneath you suddenly fell and your body began to fall straight down. You gasps in fear when you the Automatons stopping by the edge you had fallen off of.

Water surrounded you in mere seconds and you go under. You try to swim up, but the raging river shoved you back down. Now you had no idea which way was up. Your body spun around and you barely seen the rushing waters from the flashing lightning above.

You gasps again only for water to fill your lungs. Before you could react more, your head slammed against something hard.

A loud white noise rings in your ears, overpowering the other noises.

A bright white light flashed brightly before everything went dark.

Your body instinctively woke up trying to breath and you rolled onto the floor. You cough uncontrollably and panic when you couldn't breath. It didn't help that you were freaking out about what you had experienced. It was too clear. A memory.

Varian immediately wakes up and took action without thinking. “Hey, hey, hey, hey!” He kneels down to you and pulling you close.

You freak out more at the sudden action and back up against the wall.

“(____). You're okay, it's just me. Varian.” He gently soothed.

You slightly calm down and glance around to see you're again in Quirin’s room. The sunlight was shining from the window lighting the room and shift your eyes to Varian.

“They were after me. I don't know who, but I didn't want to go with them.” You curl up more and glance around, hoping those Automatons don't pop up anywhere.

“What are you talking about?” Varian asked and scoots closer and hesitantly pulls you into a hug.

You finally lean into him and scoot as close as you can. “I don't know. I fell and I couldn't breath…..then I hit my head.”

Varian combs his fingers through your hair and his head is on top of yours, “Well whatever happened. I won't ever let anyone take you away.”

He closes his eyes and holds you tighter, “You scared me yesterday. I didn't know what to do.”