Chapter 47

×××××××××××××××××××××××××××××××××
Chapter 47 -
Great Expositions
×××××××××××××××××××××××××××××××××

“A pleasure to meet you, Dr. Alcott St. Croix.” The greeting came out bittersweet from you and you slightly bow.

Dr. Croix humphs, “Yes, a PLEASURE.” His hands are behind his back and walks past you, “Now where is my room.”

You restrained from saying anything and walk a little ahead of him, “Right this way, Dr.” You take him to his room and he frowns, “This is it? I've stayed in more better places. When is my personal security detail show up?”

“Soon.” You glare, “It's not like you'll be in danger IN your room. When one security detail is found, they will be here to pick up from your room. Good day, I have other business to attend to, Sir Know-It-All.” You didn't bother staying and quickly left.

Down the stairs and into the courtyard, you had to pick up the ribbons and custom made medals from Xavier and the Seamstress.

Cassandra had a rolled up banner in her hands and a ladder as you pass her.

“Xavier!” You call happily.

“(____), good thing the Seamstress left the ribbons here. Now you can have the medals and ribbons in one pick up.” Xavier holds up a small chest.

“Thank you for doing this, Xavier.” You hug him and jog away, “Give the Seamstress a thanks for me!”

“Cassandra’s gonna be here right? NOT that I'm doing this for Cassandra.” Varian turns away, laughing nervously in his hand and seems worried, “She is gonna be there, right?”

Just as Varian looked at Eugene and Rapunzel, his eyes widen toward the entrance. Rapunzel glances at Eugene, who shrugs and they both look in the direction Varian is staring.

You pant, but head toward the stage to lock the small chest in the wooden podium for later.

“It's….been a month since you seen (____), right?” Eugene asks, but Varian doesn't answer. “Varian?”

The couple see Varian with a far off look and Eugene snaps his fingers, “Varatos!”

Varian jumps then laughs shyly, “What?”

You wipe off an imaginary sweat and spot Varian as he smiles shyly in your direction. You smile, jogging over and hug him tightly. “Varian! I knew you weren't going to miss this.”

Eugene chuckles and gently pulls Rapunzel to look at other people's invention.

“Is that your invention?” You ask, reaching to peek under the cover.

Varian takes your hand, grinning, “Not yet, it's a surprise and of course I wouldn't miss this chance to promote the merits of alchemy.” He gently pats the covered invention, “I just hope my dad comes to see when I win first place.”

“Very confident as always.” You swing your hands which Varian still held.

The two of you chuckle awkwardly. “Want to look at other people's inventions with me?” You ask with hesitance. You had no idea why you were afraid that he'll say no.

“Sure sounds fun.” He let go of your hand to hold onto the cart his invention rests on. “Shall we, Milady?”

You roll your eyes, smiling and nudge him, “Come on, Flynn Jr.”

Varian pushes his cart, sarcastically laughing, “Ha, ha. Funny.”

With each tent you stopped by held good creative inventions. “They all put a lot of effort into their inventions.” You say.