Chapter 72

(Caution: Small Plot Twist)

(Warning: Singing Ahead/
Two songs in One chapter)

×××××××××××××××××××××××××××××××××
Chapter 72 -
Secret Of The Sundrop
×××××××××××××××××××××××××××××××××

Slowly you step into Quirin's room and careful of the broken glass. Mimi nuzzles your neck and you stare at the chest with the mark on it, but sigh.

The castle's silhouette is in the distance and perfectly aligned in the frames of the window.

You go up to the window and place your hand on the sill, "Locked inside your home. Kept behind a wall. Sheltered from a world you've barely known." You glance sadly at the portrait of Quirin, Varian's Mom, and Baby Varian.

"That's the way they treat you and what's worst of all. Who's to blame? Just you and you alone." Your fingers gently graze over baby Varian.

You narrow your eyes in determination, "There's much more inside of you than anyone can see." You pull your journal and flip through the pages.

"And now the choice is yours. Life waits beyond the doors. So step on through, the time has come and only you can set yourself free!" You smile happily at all the drawings you had of you and Varian.

"No one else can tell you what to do or who to be!" You see a faint memory of a little younger you and Varian as you two lay in the grass with fireflies around you.

"No one gets to say if you will stay or go. So use the gifts you're given." You hold the medal from the science expo, then hang it back up.

"Make the world your own. Look inside your heart and find the key!" You remember the dance and see yourself and Varian waltz around on the ballroom floor. "And set yourself free!"

In the lab, you frown once you see all the chaos littering around, "Bound up by your worries. Trapped by your mistakes." You look at the amber, "Forced to play a role you never chose."

A memory of Varian appears as he holds you close as the Flynn Glider crashes, "Why not test your limits?"

You now see you and Varian laughing while shocking each other with the electric crystals, "You've got what it takes. Let it out and follow where it goes!"

You go out the door and run, "No more letting someone else define you to a "T". You know that you are strong. You've known it all along! So seize the day and let it go! You'll find a way to set yourself free!"

You grin when spotting you and Varian running and rolling down the grassy hill, "Now it's up to you and what you'll do and who you'll be!"

You now see that day Varian helped around the village with his hydrating chemballs and he wasn't worried on making his dad proud.

"You get to decide how far and wide you go. So look to the horizon. Open up your wings!" You smile with your eyes closed, feeling when you two did a barrel roll in the sky, "Fly away to find your destiny!"

"And set yourself free!" You pant and you're at the bridge that leads to the Corona.

You took a deep breath and continue toward the castle.