Chapter 59

(Warning: Singing Ahead)

×××××××××××××××××××××××××××××××××
Chapter 59 -
Listen Up
×××××××××××××××××××××××××××××××××

The story they told about Ruth didn't sound right to you. She might've have been a barbarian, but there was something they didn't know. Though why didn't you believe what your ruffian friends said?

You felt your head hurt and you placed your face on your hands after taking off your glasses.

Rapunzel sighs stressfully and paces on the stage with the tuning fork in her hand. “We're running out of time. Let's think, what do we have to go on? The listen up club….this tuning fork.” She flicks it as it vibrates with a slightly high pitch.

The noise suddenly triggered something in your head. Another memory.

The storm rumbled and it still poured heavily. Your vision was blurred as you stumble through the forest with your head aching badly. After while your feet gave out and you somehow fell against a door.

Vaguely, you see the door open and look to meet a fairly big lady. At first she glared before your gaze softened, “Oh you poor little lassie. Here, let's get you inside.”

A warm blanket was draped around you and the woman sits beside you. Luckily there was no one except you and her.

“Dear, what are you doing out in this lousy weather?”

You hold your head, “I…..I don't know.”

Rapunzel uses the tuning fork after figuring out a door behind the moving curtains and it opens up, “(____)! Look!” She turns to you, but you still had your head in your hands with your eyes closed. She didn't want to disturb you and went in with Pascal.

She hums, “Well the pub will be opening up soon. It's best if someone such as you doesn't take in all those loud and crazy thugs.” She helps you up and takes out a tuning fork.

You see her use it as a key and it opens up some doors that lead into a tavern. “You can stay here until you're rested. What's your name?”

At that moment, you realize you forgot your name and frown, “I don't know.”

The lady frowns, “Too bad. Well my name is Ruth. Ruthless Ruth.” Ruth pats your back and walks back out.

You sat there, not knowing for how long and look up at the tuning forks that hung above. You shift your sight to the piano and the music sheets.

Rudiger sat beside you and just watched the thugs and the Captain trying to break the door down.

“Don't worry you two! We'll get you out of here!” Captain counts down, “One…..two….three!!” They all run at the door with the table.

The door breaks open and Shorty flies out, but immediately disappears. Rudiger tilts his head and sees Shorty appear through a teal colored portal in the middle of the room.

“We're free!”

“I'm going to travel the world!”

“I'm going to exercise everyday.”

They all go through and end up back in the pub. The Captain just stared in disbelief. Rudiger’s head goes back and forth as everyone goes out then come back from where they started. Finally they get tired and stop.