Chapter 14

×××××××××××××××××××××××××××××××××
Chapter 14-
Happy Times Have Come At Last
×××××××××××××××××××××××××××××××××

Few months after a year of waiting;

“Nothing's gonna stop us! Nothing's gonna stop us! Nothing's gonna stop us now!”

You laugh and dancing around on the counter, kicking off drinks while singing along, "And if I wanna dance I'll dance!" They all cheer and hit their drinks together, "She'll dance!"

"Just as long as the law will allow! Dance and sing all night long!" You sang and jumped over onto a table then swing on the chandler happily, "Nothing's gonna stop us now!"

All the thugs began to sing again,"Yeah! Nothing's gonna stop us!" You land and sit on the counter while you're given a big cup, which you hold up, "Nothing's gonna stop us! Nothing's gonna-"

The door opened and everyone stopped to look at who dared to walk in. You couldn't see, so you stood and peeked over Vladimir. Your face immediately lite up, "QUIRIN!!" Vladimir helped you down and the others went back to their business.

You hugged Varian's dad and look up at him in concern, “Are you two doing okay? Is Varian okay?!” You pale a bit, “Did the king send you? Oh gosh, did he find out that I sneak out here most of the time?”

Quirin chuckles, patting your back and leads you out, “Varian and I are doing well. King Frederick did send for me, though a young lady named Cassandra told me where you'd be.” He smiles slightly, “I do think the King knows where you go, he just relieved you come back even if it is late.”

You blink then flush in embarrassment, “Well I guess it's no surprise he knows.”

“I've heard you've been doing well from Xavier. I'm guessing everyone has helped you come out of your shell.” Quirin says which you nod.

“Yeah. It was a bit hard at first because I gotten use to living with you and Varian.”

Quirin hums, “Luckily, you get to stay overnight tonight and you can start visiting us. Maybe during dinner, you can tell what has happened over the year?”

Your eyes widen and you smile, jumping a bit excitedly, “Really?” Quirin nods and you notice this whole time, you two were walking into Old Corona. The Apple Trees near the entrance looked good, so you grabbed one. The village was just the same as when you left. A few happily greeted you, but the others just groan. “Well it hasn't changed.” You say quietly with a sigh.

Suddenly a scream rings out and Varian bursts out of the doors, trying to put out green flames on his hair. You watch as he jumps into the water and a raccoon runs out toward you. It climbs up on your shoulders and you smile, handing him an apple as it purrs and runs off with the apple.

“Varian!” Quirin yells slightly and you two run over to the water. Varian swims up and groans, “That Raccoon.”

“Try to be careful, Varian.” You say a bit concerned.

Varian’s eyes widen at you then he literally stumbles out of the water. “(____)!!!!” He tackles you in a hug and he's soaked in water.

You hug him nothing less, but you notice Varian is slightly taller than you. You pull away to examine him as he pours water out of his gloves and runs a hand through his hair to try to dry it. You've grown too, but Varian must have hit a growth spurt or something.

Actually you had no idea how long you were staring until Varian poked your forehead, “Hello. You in there?” He grins, laughing when you push his hand away.

“I am. It's just that I really missed you.” You smile shyly and glance to the side, rubbing your arm.

Varian chuckles softly then changes his mood to an excited one, “Oh! You've got to see what I've finished and fixed and EVERYTHING!” He grabbed your hand and dragged you toward the house, while you tried not to trip.

Quirin shook his head, smiling softly, “Now everything is more than fine.” He walks off to help the villagers.

Varian hasn't changed one bit. You were sitting on a cleared table, watching Varian go back and forth in showing you things he completed. He talked non stop too and you smiled the whole time. He pants, smiling, “ONE last thing. Remember the Glider?”

You chuckle, “The Flynn Glider?”

Varian rolls his eyes, “Yeah, that one, but I changed the name and modified everything so it will work better.”

You're outside now and you a drape covering something under it. Varian speaks dramatically, smirking, “I give you….” He pulls off the cover and there stood an improved glider, “...The Solaris! What do you think of this?” He pats the cooper design on the side and you gasp.

“Varian. This is so amazing! Even better than amazing!” You trace your hand over the metal.

Varian has a light tint to his cheeks as he smiles, “Well when we test it, I'm positive it'll be more amazing, but that will have to wait

Varian has a light tint to his cheeks as he smiles, “Well when we test it, I'm positive it'll be more amazing, but that will have to wait.”

You pout, “Why?”

“That. Is a secret.” He thinks and laughs, “Well not so much once you see the day we will test, Solaris.”

You grin, “I can't wait.” Suddenly you're pulled into a tight embrace and you blink. “Varian?” You wrap your arms around him. “Has everything been okay here when I was gone?”

Varian hugs tighter, “You weren't gone. You were just away for awhile.” He sighs and loosens his embrace, “Everything was okay, I just really missed you. It wasn't the same.” He rubs his neck, glancing at you then smiles softly, “But you're back and it's all okay.”

You hug him again, “Well now we can be together again.” You hum then grin, holding up a fist to him, “Power of Two.”

Varian grins happily and puts his fist on yours, “Power of Two.”

During dinner that night, you were the one to talk non stop and Varian was the one listening to your every word. Quirin just observed you two and made small comments when needed.

Once your plates are clean, Quirin began to speak, “I've fixed the beds into a bunk bed, so-”

“TOP BUNK!” You yelled and take off upstairs.

Varian runs after you, “I wanted the top bunk!”

Quirin laughs lightly at the small bickering upstairs. In the bedroom, you look upside down at Varian from the top bunk, “Goodnight, Varian.”

Varian smiles at you, “Night, (____). I'm glad you're back."

You lay down and smile warmly, “So am I.”