Chapter 53

×××××××××××××××××××××××××××××××××
Chapter 53 -
Flying Somewhere Out There
×××××××××××××××××××××××××××××××××

Varian’s home had gotten closer and you notice a small shadow running in your direction. Happy chittering found it way your ears and you smile happily.

“Rudiger!” You laugh as the raccoon jumps into your arms.

You hug him close and Rudiger climbs up to lay around your neck. He purrs and nuzzles his head on your cheek.

“I'll be fine from here you two.” You give Attila and Vlad a hug, “Tell Rapunzel I'll be spending a few days here and I'll be back.”

“Alright, but make sure to throw a punch if anything fishy goes on.” Attila punches his hand.

You laugh, “Will do.”

The door opened and you step in while closing it back. Quirin sat at the table and you smile. “Hello, Quirin.”

Rudiger purrs and waits on the table, sitting close to you while digging in your satchel. He grins happily after holding the small box of chocolates. You take it from him, chuckling, “No.” Rudiger looks like he's going to cry, but you hand him an apple. He smiles and eats it.

Quirin looks up and smiles a bit, “Hello, (____). I'm guessing you'll be staying?”

“As always. This is the only place I love to call home.” You gaze at Quirin softly then sigh, pulling off the rose from your hair and pluck a petal off. “Which is why I have to to talk to you privately about something.” You close your eyes, “Maybe sometime tomorrow.”

Quirin gives you a firm nod, knowing from your look that it's important.

Footsteps quickly come from Varian's lab and the said Alchemist cheerfully goes over to you, giving you a hug. “(____), you finally came! I got everything set up.” He grins at his dad and hugs him too. “We'll be back later, Dad. I love you!”

You yell slightly when Varian takes your hand and pulls you outside. Quirin sat there at the table, blinking in shock at Varian's words. It's been awhile since his son had said that out loud. With a warm smile, Quirin speaks even though Varian wouldn't hear him, “I love you too, Son.”

Rudiger finishes half of his apple, then looks to Quirin and seeming to understand what he said. He chitters happily and gives Quirin the half eaten apple before running off to catch up with you and Varian.

“Hurry, hurry, hurry!”

“Varian!” You laugh. “Why are you rushing? We kinda have all night, then tomorrow.”

“i know, but I really want to show you something.” Varian smiles back at you, then you two go up on a hill.

Your eyes widen when you see it's Solaris aka The Flynn Glider.

The glider sat there in the grass, but you didn't know what Varian had worked on since the last time you two tested it. Varian opens up the door and kneels down to open a compartment in the floor.

“This is what I wanted to surprise you with.” Varian holds up a teal crystal. “I found this when I was in the caverns.”

You take it and smile, watching it give off a very faint glow. “Cool….when you built those water heating machinery?”

Varian takes out another one and nods, “Yeah and you want to know what's so spectacular about these crystals?” He takes the one you have then grinds them together.