Chapter 6.

Thank you to everyone who is reading my story. It means a lot. As always, stay lovely :) xx

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

  "I HATE YOU!" She yelled. It wasn't the first time I heard it. But it definitely wasn't gonna be the last.

"GET AWAY FROM ME! I don't need your help..." My mum was sitting on the side of the street. I found her out there a lot. I'm trying to help her. I really am. She makes me just want to leave her there. To leave her all alone, like she's done to me for so many years. But no matter what happened in the past, no matter what's gonna happen in the future, I still need to be there for her."No, mum. You DO need my help." That's the first time her hand ever made contact with me. The first time she physically hurt me. She said, "Now GO. Before I do it again!" My mum was mean. But she was worse when she was drunk. Which was all the time. I don't want her to hit me again. But I can't just leave her. "Mum," I said, "You HAVE to get home. You can't get there alone." then, I feel her fist connect with my jaw. I'm tempted to hit her back but, I know I can't. So I don't. I just give up. I turn around and as I start walking I hear her say, "You good for nothing fat ass whore. Get out of my life. No one wants you here. NO ONE." That was the second day I put the razor to my wrist, the first of many to come of not eating, and one of the millions of days I cried myself to sleep. Home all alone.

 I woke up with my face in Zayn's chest. his strong arms wrapped around me. Protecting me from my own memories. I looked up at him. His face showed pain, but at the same time it was so caring. I sighed and put my head back into his chest. I heard a deep voice say "Are you okay?" I looked up to see his eyes studying me. He put his thumb up and wiped my cheeks with his thumb. I had been crying in my sleep. That's why his shirt was wet. "Uh, yeah. I guess." I said. "It doesn't look like it." He stated, "Do you want to talk about it?" I nodded my head and started quietly explaining everything. Hoping maybe he wouldn't hear. As I was talking I started crying again and he pulled me closer to his warm, comforting body. I wrapped my arms around his stomach and hugged him slightly. Once I was finished everything was silent. I thought he might have fallen back to sleep. I kept crying though. All night I had been having dreams that were really just nightmares that some call reality and I call my past, present, and future.We stayed laying with him holding me for a while. I wished I could stay there forever. We remained silent, just enjoying each other's company. After about 5 minutes of silence, Zayn said, "Well don't listen to anything your mum says. Okay? A lot of people want you here. At least me and the boys do." I was glad to hear him say that. "But," I said, "I just met them.." I don't know why I was still crying. I think it's because once I start crying, I can't stop until I run out of tears. "Well, believe me babe. They love you. They told me so. I love you. You're a great person and you are amazingly beautiful. Don't EVER let anyone tell you any different okay? And Do not starve yourself. Seriously. You don't need it. I'm a guy, trust me, I know this stuff. I'm gonna force you to eat. In fact, let's make a huge breakfast and get the boys to come down here yeah? Then I'm gonna take you somewhere." He said, that meant so much to me. He always had just the right thing to say to make me feel better. I simply nodded and got up after him. I walked into the bathroom and threw my hair up into a messy bun. I re-rolled up my pant legs since they got messed up during the night. I sighed and walked to the kitchen.

  Zayn had gotten 4 boxes of pancake mix and about 2 dozen eggs out and had them on the counter. Then I grabbed a bunch of boxes of cereal. Cocoa Pebbles, Fruity Pebbles, Cap N' Crunch, and for Niall, Lucky Charms. Zayn got out 5 potatoes and I started peeling them. Whilst I started, Zayn turned on the radio and blasted it. Once I was finished peeling the potatoes I got out a knife and started slicing them. After that, I put them in the electric fryer and started cooking them. I put salt and pepper in and soon, I was finished. Zayn had finished almost 30 pancakes and made a ton of scrambled eggs. I got out orange juice, apple juice, and milk. Zayn turned down the radio whilst I called Niall. He deserved to know first. "Hello?" he said groggily into the phone. I felt bad for waking him up but it was 1 o'clock in the afternoon. "Me and Zayn made a ton of food. I called you first so you can come get some." before I knew it, he hung up. I guess he was really hungry. About 5 minutes later, I had called all the boys. They all came in their pajamas and ate A TON. No food even went to waste. Wow, boys these days. I can't let them take all the credit though, I ate quite a lot too. After they finished they helped me clean the dishes and put them away. I cleaned off the table and took out the trash. By the time I got back inside everyone was gone except Zayn. I guess they were going back to sleep... "Get dressed love." I heard Zayn say from the kitchen. Oh yeah, he said he was taking me somewhere. I went into his room and grabbed my jeans. He tossed me another t-shirt and I walked to the bathroom to get dressed, again. Once I got my shoes on I grabbed my phone and walked to the door. Zayn was wearing a hoodie and sunglasses, of course. But he still looked FINE. We hopped into his car and off we went.