Chapter 28.

*Skylar's POV*

  No. Nononononononononononono. NO. This couldn't be happening. No, it's IMPOSSIBLE. "Uh.. Zayn.." I stuttered quietly. I couldn't believe my eyes. I felt his grip tighten around me before my whole body was forced behind him, his arms holding me in place. Protecting me. "You better leave. Now." I heard him say, his voice stern. Zayn was scary when he was being protective. And, if I do say so myself, I was glad he was protecting me. I don't know what would have happened if I were alone.  

  "Why are you here?" he spoke again, stepping forward. Leaving me one step behind. "Oh, I bailed him out of jail. I used all the money I had to get him out. To get back at Skylar. This is what she deserves." my mother's eyes were full of anger, as was her voice. "Yeah? AND WHAT DID I DO TO DESERVE THIS?!" I almost screamed. Soon, I found myself standing in front of Zayn, with Zayn saying something to me behind me, but all I could focus on was Zack's stone cold blue eyes. I only heard one thing. From one person's mouth. 

"Get her." Zack whispered. 

  Another second later my boyfriend was stood in front of me shouting at them to leave me alone. But I wasn't stood up. Instead, I lay on the floor, an unbelievable throbbing in my left eye. I heard another smack but I couldn't decipher who hit who. My left eye refused to open, leaving me with tears streaming down my face. "HOW THE HELL COULD YOU PUNCH HER IN THE FACE LIKE THAT? WHAT HAS SHE EVER DONE TO YOU?!" Zayn's voice was loud and clear, even through the ringing in my ears, I could hear him perfectly. 

  Using all my force, I stood up, Before I could even process what was happening, another fist was in the air, going straight for Zayn. The two men were in a full fledged fight, punching, and kicking. Screaming and scratching. Honestly, I had no clue what to do. After a few minutes, Zayn stopped. He said, "No. You know what? I'm not going to keep fighting you. Just stay away from my girlfriend, and go do something with yours. She's eighteen now she doesn't have to stay with her mum. So leave. You have no purpose here."

Then Zack said four little words, that made me tremble to the core. Ones I hadn't forgotten since last time he said them to me.

"I WILL get you."

  And right after him and my mum walked out the door, not taking a second look back. "Are you ok?" I immediately asked as I closed and locked the door. "Yeah, I'm fine. What about you? Let me see your eye." he tilted my chin back, loking at my swollen eye. "Ehh. I say put ice on it for a couple hours and swelling will go down. Dr. Malik, to the rescue." I laughed quietly at his dorkiness before walking to the ice box to grab some ice cubes to put in a bag.

"Well thank you, then."

"You are very welcome."

----A Few Hours Later----

  As we lay in Zayn's bed, I turned over to face him, being in the same position I had been the previous morning. "Zayn... can I tell you a secret?" I mumbled watching as his eyes found mine in the darkness. "Of course, Sky. Anytime." he whispered, sincerity in his voice. 

"I'm kind of really scared.."

"Of what?"

"Zack.. I haven't stopped shaking since they left."

"Don't worry about that, boo. I'll keep you safe, I swear. It's my fault he got close enough to punch you, anyways. I didn't protect you like I should have. I'm so sorry." I watched as his eyes filled with tears, his facial features becoming tense.

"No, you protected me better than you even needed to. don't you EVER put yourself down for me getting hurt. NEVER. Ok? I thought I was tough, and I got punched. It just works that way. Thank you for standing up for me, though."