26

DRAKE MCCORAL

I grumble before sending my 37th message.

Drake McCoral: Reply you son of a bitch.

It's a Saturday today and the second day of the month. I can't help but feel like a dumb failed idiot.

I can't believe Riana got involved in all this. Not to mention, an innocent sophomore was harmed.

All because of me.

NO.

All because of this shitty account.

NO...

It IS my fault.

I put my phone back in my pocket before heading outside of the house. I don't even have to ask permission from my aunt and uncle. They already know where I'm heading anyway. However, I do call out a goodbye to them and tell Uncle V I'd use his motorcycle.

I wonder what Riana meant about losing another family member, I wonder to myself.

Ivy calls out my name, and before I can turn to her, she embraces me tightly. "Thanks for yesterday," she murmurs softly.

I mess up her auburn hair and she pulls back, annoyed. "It's fine. How are you holding up?"

"I can't stop thinking about it," she blurts out blatantly, scratching her neck with uncertainty. The large bags under her eyes indicates the lack of sleep she has gotten ever since Thursday. "I can't believe the CCTV cameras were broken. Whoever stabbed Anne must've known where the security room is. He or she.. he or she has probably done it a thousand times..."

Right. "Do me a favor and get yourself a good amount of sleep, okay?" I half-whisper.

She only sighs. "When I close my eyes, I remember the girl's body. And the blood."

This must be how Riana felt, though she already knows I didn't KILL Roy. He wasn't meant to be killed that day... "All I remember is that awful day," she winces a little, looking at me for an urge of comfort.

My heart breaks for her. Not only because she's been through a traumatic experience, but because she won't ever look at me this way again if she finds out what I exactly do.

"Then do me a favor and remember Lance Spencer's look of worry and concern when he saw you that day," I half-whisper to her earnestly. Even if I don't like her and Lance together, it's better than seeing her in pain.

She flashes me a grateful smile knowingly.

I turn the key and listen to the engine light up to life, adjusting myself on my seat after putting away the helmet.

The snow isn't very heavy during early mornings, and the road hasn't been fully covered with snow. Only the sides are, and it's only light. Nonetheless, I chose to wear a double breasted black coat with the buttons unfastened and a navy blue turtle neck shirt under. I match it with simple black jeans and snow boots of the same color.

I wonder what it feels like to have the pillion occupied for once. I've never let anyone ride on the motor with me, not even Ice, who has begged multiple times.

While driving, I can't help but ponder: who is AL? Who stabbed Anne? What specific role does Roy play? Why is AL messaging Riana? How does he know her?

Doesn't make any sense.

Within twenty breezy minutes, I arrive right outside Psych Healthcare Center, a building with more than ten floors, the outside a vast color of light beige and all the doors pale white with a parking lot that's twice the size of Harcott High's entrance.