74

RIANA GARCIA

The first time I met Harvey Santiago, he said his name was Alister and threw a cigarette at me. It was unusual, but I didn't think of it as such a big deal, especially because he was my best friend's brother whose mother recently passed away.

When AL told me to meet him here, I was expecting to see a new face — an older looking guy for sure. He threatened to harm my family if I wouldn't meet him here, and so I ran as fast as possible, embracing myself for what ever I have to endure as long as I can keep Mom, Dad and Marla safe.

Little did I know I'd see Harvey.

At first, I hadn't actually seen him. I arrived at this specific area and remembered my confusion when I saw no one. Then I recall getting hit by something and passing out.

When I woke up, I was already tied up with ropes, helplessly leaning against the wall with my mouth taped, preventing me from screaming and shouting for help.

Harvey was in front of me, amused at the expression on my face. He didn't say anything until Blaze arrived.

And now he's pointing his gun at me.

Then I finally get it — the strange feeling of deja vu, even though it's not completely similar as the first and last time I've been here.

Except this time, I'm more afraid. He's pointing the gun at me.

One move, and I'm dead.

"Put the fucking gun down." Blaze's face scrunches, terrified. He looks like he's been running for quite a while, his face red.

I look down, my body shaking with fright. Am I going to die? I haven't even gotten to say a proper goodbye to my family. I don't even know what Blaze's supposed to tell me yet that's so urgent.

Mom and Dad looked so happy this morning. They haven't been like that ever since my brother died, and for the first time in a long time, I felt hope for my family.

But if I die, what will happen? They've already lost one child, and Marla has already lost one sibling.

But...

Harvey lets out a humorless chuckle, still not putting his pistol down. "The girl left all her belongings in school, so you must've let your brother track me." Harvey speaks quietly, eyeing Blaze with hatred. Did they know each other before that day he came to school and fetched Vex?

Vex.

Oh my god.

Wait, Gino tracked AL? I look up at Blaze. Still handsome, no joke, even amidst this stupid chaos.

He's not looking at me though. "Put the fucking gun down!" he hisses, his eyes blazing.

"You must have so many questions." The statement is addressed to both me and him. Harvey puts his gun down, and I relax a bit, but tense when I catch him smirking at me.

He bends down and draws his face near to mine. Blaze attempts to run towards us, but Harvey lifts up his gun and points it at him, causing him to freeze in his steps.

Harvey snatches the tape from my mouth all in one second, making me gasp. He shushes me and averts his gaze to the gun.

"You scream, and he dies."

That sentence shuts me up, but it doesn't stop me from softy declaring something: "You're AL."

He gives me a sideways glance, and I remember that time he reached out to touch my hair but Drake prevented him from doing so.