40

RIANA GARCIA

He kisses me back.

His lips crash against mine, and my heart and my mind explode as one.

What am I doing?

Why the hell is he so good?

His hands travel down to my waist, his grip tightening, his touch sending numerous emotions to my body. Shock. Pleasure. Happiness. Fear. Excitement. I look for a plausible reason to stop, but I can't seem to think of one.

Especially when he carries me. I gasp, stunned when my butt meets the surface of the top of the piano. I don't even have time to grasp the concept because he kisses me again, this time, more intense. My arms are around his neck, and his are rubbing my back.

I kiss him with desire, drawn to a world with no painful pasts, revengeful sinners and desperate girls who're in need of handsome tutors.

He stops kissing me and my mind goes blank. He's panting, and so am I. We both look into each other's eyes, and my heart thumps when I realize he's not kissing me anymore.

Then all of a sudden, I feel his lips brush mine before I feel his mouth on my neck. I can't restrain myself from letting out a soft moan.

What. The. Fuck.

He stops kissing my neck, resting his head there, smiling. I let my hands tangle his hair, the shaft of each hair strand gleaming under the pendant light hanging on the ceiling above the piano.

"Riana, I..."

When he lifts his head up, his green eyes sparkle. I'm scared to think this is all a dream.

"Y-yeah?" No one has ever looked at me the way he's looking at me. With so much admiration and.. love. It's strange that I've spent my years so hurt and rejected that when I receive the opposite treatment, I feel like something's about to go down soon.

"You...." he searches for his next words, and at the same time, there's a lump in my throat.

Who ever thought I'd be here attending Heart's party, making out with a guy who I've seen pull the trigger, and having feelings for someone whose real name I don't even know.

Not to mention, this specific someone knows my history — my pain. Is he going to tell me he likes me? My heart races, are we going to... are we going to have sex here!? In Heart's place!? The girl who partly caused what ever bad blood he has with Roy and his brother?

Wait.

I'm kissing a guy whose name I don't even know. A guy who has killed someone.

Has he?

He leans in to kiss me, hands cupping both of my cheeks when I blurt out: "Have you ever murdered someone?"  

He freezes, and his hands fall to his sides. I bring my hands to my lap sullenly, realizing my stupid mistake. "I didn't mean to say that. I meant... uh.." I swallow, "wait, h-have you ever done or sold.. drugs?" an even stupider mistake.

He laughs, unamused, waking away from me with the I-don't-believe-this look on his face. My heart sinks. I'm so stupid. Talk about wrong timing. "I... fuck," he curses under his breath, shaking his head nonstop.

I can hear his breathing loudly, same as mine. "Wait, Drake—"

"I haven't sold or used drugs," he answers coldly, hands on his hips. "Ross doesn't allow minors. And he... he's got a soft spot for my dad," he stops, "even though he stole money from him and disappeared, he won't allow my brothers and I to sell." he swallows, meeting my eyes.