45

Author's Note :

This book got published around January 2 2018, and I'm proud to say that that on April 22 2018, it hit 3K reads! And on April 29 2018, 1K votes. Thank you guys for making this happen, sml!

Sorry I took long in updating, just had a splendid vacation with my mom. Also, I just watched Infinity War!♡

RIANA GARCIA

"You brought hope and light to my world. Just like the sun. Every day I hide who I truly am, fearing that no one will ever accept me for what I am. But you..."

Marla, who has been listening to me rant things about Drake and Theo, hits my arm. "Wow. I've been gone for a day and you're already an idiot," she tells me with a frown, lying down on the couch and reaching for the remote. I grab it before she can, tossing it to the other couch so that she can't reach it. "Why the fuck would you say those stuff in the middle of making out?"

I turn to face her. "You remember what I said about wanting my first kiss, first boyfriend and first.. sex—" I ignore the look on her face, "—to be with the person who will wind up as my husband?"

"You're already thinking about marriage?" she doesn't bother to hide the disgust on her face, playing with her hands. "You don't even know the person's name."

"Blake." I reply abruptly, remembering Heart. "His name is Blake, and forgive me if I want to keep my lips reserved for that one person." I snap, finally stopping myself from pacing in front of the television.

"One person?" she laughs, amused. "Riana, you kissed Drake, Alton.. and just recently your best friend!"

The reminder baffles me. "And you ignored all of Drake's messages," Marla continues with a look of despair.

"He only sent me that 'text me when your home' message," I scoff, trying not to make myself sound too bothered. "He hasn't.. he hasn't contacted me ever since."

"And why do you think so?" she lets out an audible sigh. "Obviously because you haven't replied to him. Just because you didn't want your first time to be at the house of his 'childhood friend'."

My face relaxes into a tired mask. "We weren't going to have sex."

The doorbell suddenly rings, and I wonder who would be on our doorstep at this hour. Marla and I tell Mom we'd go get it and I'm surprised to see Coby, who looks as surprised to see me.

"Coby? What's up?" I ask him curiously.

"Jesse's here for Marla." He tells me, looking a bit annoyed.

I pout. "Seriously? Didn't she spend the whole day yesterday at your place?"

Coby clears his throat before turning to Marla, who has just stood up from the couch. Coby hands her a card. "It's from Jesse," Coby tells her before whistling. Jesse, Coby's older brother, appears with a guitar and a formal attire on. There's nothing much to say about his appearance — he's exactly like an older version of Coby.

"You're asking me to the dance?" Marla smirks at Jesse as if challenging him.

"Ohhhh Marla Garciaaa," Jesse begins to sing, making me squirm. "Will you go to the dance with meeee?" His singing isn't so bad, and the idea of Jesse and Marla becoming a couple isn't really a big deal. The two go to Phil Prep and are in the same grade. I'm assuming being in the same grade makes things easier.