75

RIANA GARCIA

I thought people were being ridiculous whenever they say that the truth hurts. It's reality. I'm an over thinker myself, and even a lot of ideas storm in my mind about the future.

But I've never expected this.

One truth at a time, please.

Blaze looks mortified, an expression that will haunt me for quite awhile. I've stopped struggling to free myself for a time now, each truth hitting me straight in the heart, as painful as a gunshot. Not that I'd know.

Vex's brother Harvey is AL, and all this started because I was such an awful best friend to Vex, and I should've known from the start that she liked Drake.

Blaze was supposed to kill me. Roy, someone I loathed to see at night before going to sleep, actually saved my life, though Blaze was sincere about not being able to bring himself to kill me. But I've kissed his lips. I've developed feelings for him. I've wrote him quatrains. I've called him in midnight. I told him about my tragedy. I trusted him. And just when I thought he hid only one thing from me...

And then there's my brother. Jaylon Garcia. Jay. A year younger than me, whose body has never been found five- six years ago. We assumed he had gone somewhere in the ocean, no remnants of his body left just like some of the others. I had hoped he was still out there, but when weeks passed by with no news, I knew his body might've already decomposed.

He's alive.

But why do I not feel relieved?

Instead, I'm furious.

"You're lying," the words stumble out of my mouth carelessly, but they're loud and clear. Blaze doesn't say anything, still looking as if he has been stabbed to death. Some part of me wishes that he shouldn't have heard what Harvey declared so that it'd be fair if I were the only one to explode.

But no, that'd be too selfish. And inconsiderate. This from a girl who played with her own best friend's feelings.

"It's why his body wasn't found." Harvey says with authorization. I see him pull out his phone and smirk before putting it back in his pocket. Then he looks at Blaze. "By the way, I've sent something to that Harcott High Happenings page," he smiles, "don't worry, it doesn't include your Derisimo shit."

What's he looking so proud for!? "Other bodies weren't found too!" I interject. Jay's alive. Jay's alive. "You're lying. I never told Vex anything about Jay. And Jay died a long time ago!" I snap angrily, is this a joke? "My brother's death isn't some shit for you to throw around-"

"I know Jaylon," Harvey cuts me off, and I freeze all over again. Suddenly all I want is his pistol, and the desire surprises me. "You and him look so much alike-"

An image of Jay and his teddy bear shows up in my mind. "SHUT UP-"

"AL," Blaze speaks up in a dangerous tone, one I haven't heard him use for some time.

But it's as if Harvey hasn't heard him. He sees the panic look on my face. "Scream, and he dies."

Same threat, and he's not kidding. I lower down my voice, but I still put on the same look on my face. "You have no right," I start, controlling myself from shouting, "to talk about Jay like that. As if you know him-"