Chapter Two- " shes a snake a cold hard snake

The annoying buzzing of my alarm woke me up, I rolled over and hit snooze when my door opened. I squinted my eyes open to see my brother standing over me.
" what do you want " I rolled over.
" I want you to get up " he said as he pulled my covers off of me.
I let out a big sigh before sitting up, " i'll be out in the kitchen in 10, make me a tea " I said.
" got ya " he smiled before walking out of my room.
I placed my feet on my fluffy shag carpet and moved over to where I had set out my clothes the night before. I wore jeans and a white shirt with cat's on it.
Before leaving my room I looked out the window at the street, the sun wasn't even up yet, all you could see was the small top of it pecking threw the sky.
I put on my socks and walked out to the kitchen, I sat down beside Cole as he slid me my tea.
" that could have spilled you know that right? " I said.
" yeah, but it would have been funny " he smiled.
" no it wouldn't of " I rolled my eyes.
" by the way we have to pick up Judy " I smiled.
" ok " he smiled.
" oh yeah you'll have to walk home because Grace and I are going out after school " he said taking a sip of his tea.
" like always " I mumbled.
" what was that? " he asked looking at me.
" have fun " I smiled looking away I rolled my eyes.
" thanks " he smiled getting up and walking into his room.
I followed after him, but turned to go to the bathroom.

We got in the car and drove to pick up Judy, she hopped in the back of the car.
" we have all our classes together so don't leave my side " Judy said.
" come on you guys are going into grade 11 you'll be fine " Cole said.
" yeah, but you hangout with kids a year younger than you, so don't talk " I smirked.
" ok that's just because I don't like anyone in grade 12 " he rolled his eyes.
" yeah that's the reason " Judy and I laughed.
We pulled up to the school and hopped out of the car, everyone keeps the same lockers all thought out high school, so Judy and I went to our lockers after we go out of the car.
" we have one of the laid back teacher for misp so we should be able to talk the whole time " I said.
" yeah and then I can work on some new beats " Judy smiled as we opened out lockers.
" dumb and dumber good to see you again " we turned around to see Grace and Sofia standing behind us.
" hi " we said at the same time.
" your looks have..... Improved " Grace said.
" yours too " I said sarcastically and smiled.
" watch it Brench " Sofia said.
" sorry " I rolled my eyes.
" why do both of you even show up to school, oh yeah because your the only two people who like school " Grace said.
" why do you hate us? " Judy asked.
" reason that will be explained... Never " Grace smiled.
" come on let's go " Grace said walking away with Sofia still looking at us.
" Sof come on! " she yelled.
" coming " Sofia said running after her.
I don't think Grace treats Sofia right for being her best friend and Sofia just goes with it, she lets Grace push her around. I guess i'm kinda letting her push me around too, but I can't say anything back to her because she would tell my brother then my brother and I would get in a fight and everything would turn into hell fire.
" welcome back to school, or should I say torcher " I turned back to my locker.
" I don't get it, Grace is your brothers Girlfriend, why does she hate you? " Judy asked.
" i've been trying to answer that question for four years " I sighed as I closed my locker.
" let's just get to class " Judy smiled.
We walked down the hallway and walked past Brendon and my brother and the other jackasse. Brendon and I made eye contact I smiled then looked away right away as we turned into our misp class.
We sat down near the back right corner.
Everyone was talking because they knew this teacher didn't really care.
The bell rang and everyone had found a seat, but the seat beside me was empty.
" ok so you can talk, just get your homework done " he said before sitting back down.
I pulled out my drawing book that I bring with me everywhere, well Judy pulled out her computer.
I started to sketch a cover for Judy's new track, she always wanted me to draw the covers for her.
I drew a box with a piece of cotton candy in it then a wrote the name in a fancy font.
The door opened, I looked up to see Chance walking over to the teacher to give him a late slip.
The only seat left was next to me, great.
I continued to draw as he walked over and sat down.
" hey " he said.
I looked over at him.
" hi " I smiled.
" ok so we saw each other at the carnival last night and I was so surprised when I didn't recognize you, Bethany right " he said.
" yup thats me, Chance right " I smiled.
" yeah, you've changed " he said.
" for the better I hope, and you've changed to " I said.
" yeah more grown up now " he said.
" for sure " I said.
I felt a tap on my shoulder, I turned around to see Judy looking right at me.
" what? " I asked.
She gave me the 'you know look'.
" are you going to sing on the track? " she asked.
I forgot to think about it, maybe I should, I mean it would get me out of my shell.
" fine, yes, send me the lyrics " I smiled.
I turned back to Chance.
" that's a really good drawing " he said.
" oh, thanks " I smiled.
My phone buzzed, I looked down to see two texts. One from Judy and one from my brother.
" I should really get back to my drawing " I smiled.
" yeah, nice talking to you thought " he smiled.
I turned back around, the last thing I remember saying to Chance before he left was stay safe, we never really talked he had come over to my house a couple of times to hangout with Cole, but that was it. It was weird to have a full conversation with him, especially now.
Judy and I went to our next class, we had english, Brendon was in this class with us.
He sat right a cross from us, I had to make sure I wasn't looking at him. I tend to do that a lot without noticing.
" i'm so excited to record you singing " Judy beamed.
" keep your voice down ".
" I don't want anyone to know ok " I said.
" got it, lips are sealed " she smiled.
" but how was your talk with a so called Chance " she smiled.
" weird, we've never in our lives of knowing each other had a full conversations maybe a few hi's from time to time, but that was it and that was what 5 years ago " I said.
" well now we're going to see him every morning and he'll probably sit beside you, don't go and catch feelings for him again " she smirked.
" ok stop, i'm not going to and even if I did he wouldn't like me back, we have different friends, different interests different everything " I said.
" fine, I believe you ".

I had to walk home because Cole was hangout with ' Grace ', uh.
Honestly if she just told me why she hated me maybe I could fix it and we could try and be friendly or even friends.
I heard footsteps approaching me, I turned around and say Justin running up to me. I rolled my eyes and looked forwards.
" what do you want Justin? " I asked as he started to walk beside me.
" I wanted to see how your day was " he smiled.
" it was horrible " I said, I wasn't lying it was, and it was all because of Grace and Sofia.
" tell me about? " he smiled and made eye contact with me, I looked away.
" Justin why are you talking to me? We're not friends, you made the pretty clear when you left me to be friends with thoes jackasses " I said, Cole and Brendon weren't jackasses it was just a figure of speech.
" did you hear Chance was back " he said changing the subject.
" yeah I did, he's changed a lot, now goodbye " I said turning down my street as he continued to walk forwards to his house.
I got inside, set down my bag and walked into the kitchen. I poured myself a glass of water. I was wondering when my parents were going to get home probably sometime tonight, they were out working on a new case since there police officers.
I walked out of the kitchen and into the living room. I sat down on the couch when the door opened and my brother walked in.
" I thought you were going out with Grace " I said.
" yeah she had to cancel her parents grounded her because she didn't come home early enough last night " he said.
" sounds like her " I mumbled.
" what? " he asked.
" nothing " I said.
" no you said something, what was it? " he asked.
" it just sounds like her to be home late " I said.
" why do you hate her so much? " he asked.
" why do I hate her, she hates me! " I yelled, what the hell Cole literally thinks I hate her, I don't, I mean I kinda do, but still.
" she doesn't hate you, you hate her it's obvious and I don't know why " he said.
" Cole, your girlfriend hates me, you never she the way she talks to me in the hallway, but I never wanted to tell you because she's your so called righteous girlfriend that you think is so nice, but underneath all of her layers that she puts up for you to see, she a snake a cold hard snake " I exploded.
" you have yo be kidding me right now, you really think Grace could do all of that " he said crossing his arms.
" yes I do Cole, and believe her not your sister the one who is connected to you by blood, but when you finally see it happen one day you'll know I was always right " I said getting up from the couch and walking into my room.
I fell down on my bed.
Great first day of school.