Chapter Sixteen- " one day "

" see you tomorrow " I said.
" yup, bye " Judy smiled as she walked out of the school and I walked down to the music room and sat down at the piano bench.
I always found it weird how no one was ever down here at the end of the day, I guess music isn't that big of a thing at my school.
I pulled out my green notebook with a pick flower on the top of it.
I wrote some lyrics down last night so I could try and make a beat for it today.
I started to play the piano and came up with the beats for the song.
" I was a war, he was peace, I was a disaster, he was beauty, I was the moon, he was the sun, and we never knew what was to come " I sang.
I kept hitting the same key over and over again.
" uhhh! " I sighed.
" troubles? " I turned around to see Brendon, I smiled.
" yes i'm trying to find the chords to a song I wrote, but it's just not working " I said.
" do you need help? " he asked.
" no it's ok " I smiled, of course I want his help, of course I do, but I don't want him to have to stay here and help me, the only reason he probably wants to help me is because i'm one of his best friends little sister.
" are you sure? " he asked again.
" positive, i'm heading home soon anyways " I said.
" don't you have football practice? " I asked.
" it's just ended " he said.
" oh, that- ", the door opened and my art teacher looked in.
" oh great, can you kid's help me out with something? " he asked.
" sure " Brendon smiled.
I grabbed my bag and followed my art teacher down the hallway, Brendon and I walked side by side as we walked down, we walked up the stairs and went into one of the classrooms.
" can you help carry some boxes down to the gym, there for the haunted house " he said.
We both grabbed once box and started to walk down the stairs.
" so is it true that Cole is scared of spiders? " he asked.
" yes, it's kinda funny " I smiled.
" I never thought Cole was scared of anything " he said.
" he's scared of lot's of thing, same with me, but i'm not scared of spiders " I said as we walked into the gym and placed down the boxes.
" when do you start working on the haunted house? " Brendon asked as we started to walk back to the room.
" next week, there's about 6 small rooms in the whole thing and only Judy and I are working on it " I said.
" that's going to be a lot of work " he said.
" I know, but I like decorating so i'm excited " I smiled.
We finished bringing all the boxes down, my art teacher came into the gym.
" there was just a storm warning so we have to stay inside till it blows over " he said.
" so if you two could just hang inside the school, maybe in the music room i'll come and get you when you can leave, and maybe text your parents " he said walking away.
We started to walk back to the music room, I texted Cole to tell him I was just staying in the school till the storm blows over and I would be home later.
I sat down on the bench and Brendon sat on the floor, he decided to get his homework done well he had the time.
I opened back up my song book and started to make the cords again.
" I was a war, he was peace, I was a disaster, he was beauty, I was the moon, he was the sun, and we never knew what was to come " I hummed.
I wrote down the cords and started to hum the second verse.

" the song done? " Brendon asked.
" yeah I think so, now I just need Judy to turn it into a beat and add some other parts to it and overlay some stuff and were good to go " I said.
" can I hear it? " he asked standing up.
" why? " I asked.
" because, I heard you humming it so I should get to hear the whole thing shouldn't I? " he asked.
" nope, you'll just have to wait and see " I smiled.
" fine, but at least tell me what it's called " he said.
" One Day " I said.
" can't wait to hear it " he smiled, we kept eye contact for what felt like forever.
My phone buzzed.
I looked down to see a text from Judy.

Judy- hey so I made to beat's one to who's in control and gasoline
Beth- sounds good, i'm stuck in the school right now so I wrote a song, I just need to you make the beat for it, i'll send you a photo
Judy- sounds good, stay safe in the school
Beth- I will bye

I put my phone away when my art teacher opened the door.
" the storm has passed a little bit, so you two can leave " he said before leaving the room.
I grabbed my bag and started to walk out the door, Brendon and I started to walk home.
My phone buzzed again.

Chance- meet me at the diner I have some great news
Beth- ok be right there

" I have to go to the diner " I said.
" want me to come? " he asked.
" no it's fine i'm just meeting Chance there, he just has something to tell me, but i'll see you tomorrow " I smiled before starting to walk in the other direction.
As I was walking I look back to see him, he was just facing forwards, one day, one day he'll understand how I feel.

I walked into the diner and went over and sat down with Chance and Judy.
" so what's going on? " I asked.
" I don't know " Judy said.
" well a radio station contacted my uncle and asked if you would want to go in for an interview " Chance said.
" wait really this is awesome! " Judy said.
" but then they'll know who we are " I said.
" oh yeah " Judy sighed.
" you don't have to keep it a secret, this could be your chance for everyone to finally know it's you " Chance said.
" but we don't want people to know " Judy said.
" what if we got Rick to answer the questions for us, we can be in another room telling him what to say " I said.
" that's could work, i'd have to ask " Chance said.
" wait weren't you stuck in the school? " Judy asked.
" yeah the storm went, by so I could leave " I said.
" was anyone there with you? " Chance asked.
" yeah Brendon was there " I said.
" ohhh " the both said.
" wait he knows? " Judy asked.
" yes, it's a long story, but can we get back on topic " I said.
They nodded.
" so ask your uncle if we can do that, now I should get going before Cole attacks me for being really late even though he knew where I was the whole time " I said.
" want a ride, i'm going too " Judy said.
" sure " I smiled.
We walked to her car and started to drive back to my house.
" by the way I love the song you wrote and I can totally turn the cords into a slow beat " Judy said.
" really, that's awesome " I smiled.
" now, is this song about anyone? " she asked.
" not really, maybe it could be about Brendon, but I had no one particular in mind while writing it " I said.
" ok " she smiled.
I got out of the car and walked up to my house.
I waved at Judy before going inside.
" good your home, the storm is said to come back and they just want everyone to stay inside for the rest of today and tomorrow " Cole said.
" so we have no school tomorrow? " I asked.
" no school " he said.
" yes! " I jumped up and down before sitting down beside Cole.
" did you hear the new cover mix by Carnival Heart? " Cole asked.
" of course I did " I smiled.
" I wonder when there going to come out with an original song " Cole said.
" I wonder that too " I smiled, well to answer you question Cole, three songs will be coming out in a couple of weeks.