Chapter Twenty Six- " i'm not doing it for you "

I rolled over, I had a feeling today was going to be somewhat of a good day. If you have a bad day one day the next day has to be a good day it just has to be.
I changed into my light blue jeans and weirdo jughead shirt.
I walked out to the kitchen and sat down at the table and took a long sip of my tea.
" ah " I smiled.
" someone's in a good mood " Cole said.
" yesterday was a bad day, so today i'm making a good day " I said.
" are you sure? ".
" yes i'm sure it's physics one bad day has to be evened out with a good day it's science " I said.
" you just said it was physics and now it's science " he said.
" don't worry you'll understand one day " I smiled.
" but I won't " he said.
" I thought you were supposed to be the older one, now we have school so let's get going " I smiled.
I got in the car and drove to school, I got out and walked over to my locker.
I walked into the classroom, " someone's in a better mood " Chance said.
" yes I am, oh and I was wondering do you know where I can get a motorcycle license? " I asked.
" wait? Why? " he asked.
" I want a motorcycle license and since you have one I bet you know where I can learn " I smiled.
" i'll have to cheek and see " he said.
" great thanks " I smiled.
I pulled out my art book and started to work on my art project that's due tomorrow, I was so busy dealing with the whole Judy thing that I almost forgot all about it.

I sat down in english.
" are you doing ok today? " Brendon asked.
" i'm doing great " I smiled.
" that's good " Brendon smiled.
" I know, I just realized one bad day can't make my week bad " I smiled.
" good thinking " he smiled.
" thanks " I gave him a kiss on the cheek before the teacher started to talk.

I was always early to gym class since it was just down the hallway from my English room.
Once everyone was out of the change room I realized I forgot my water bottle, I went back in to grab it when I heard someone crying in the washroom area.
" hello? Are you ok? " I asked.
" go away ".
" Grace? " I asked.
The stall door opened, " are you ok? " I asked.
" why do you care, it's your fault anyway " she said.
" what's my fault? " I asked.
" Cole broke up with me last night " she said.
So that's what he went to do last night.
" that's not my fault " I said.
" of course it is who else would make Cole break up with me " she said.
" why do you hate me so much to blame me for this? " I asked.
" you have everything, your life is perfect " she said.
" what? My life is not perfect, Cole and I fight all the time, I don't have a best friend anymore and my parents are never home, my life is far from perfect " I said.
" just leave me alone " she said closing the stall door.
" gladly " I said.
I walked out of the washroom area then stopped, no matter how much I hated Grace I could see she cared for my brother.
" i'm going to regret this " I mumbles to myself.
I turned back around and knocked on the stall door.
" Grace? " I said.
No reply.
" I know we both don't get along the best, but I see how much you care for Cole and how much he cares for you and I shouldn't have come in between that, so.... ".
" what i'm trying to say is.... I'll try and convince Cole to get back with you " I said.
The stall opened.
" you would do that for me, after how mean i've been to you? " she asked.
" i'm not doing it for you i'm doing it for Cole, because I know you care about him " I said.
She got up from the toilet seat and gave me a hug.
" thank you " she smiled.
" no problem now we should probably get in the gym before we get yelled at " I said.
" she's not that good of a teacher, she's too lazy to yell " she said walking away, and there's the Grace I remember.
I was so going to regret this, but I just have to remember it was for my brothers happiness and not mine. This day is still going to be a good day. Maybe.
I walked back out to the gym.
" ok make groups of three, and were going to do some actives in those groups.
" Bethany, come with us " Grace smiled.
" ok " I shrugged.
I walked over and stood with Grace and Sofia
" I told Sofia what happened in the locker room " Grace said.
" that's so nice of you " Sofia smiled.
" yup " I smiled.
" ok we have to make these shapes " Grace said holding out a piece of paper.
" with our bodys? " I asked.
" looks like it " Sofia smiled.
Well this was going to be a great ice breaker with them, mainly Grace.
I looked behind me to see Judy looking at me, I smiled, but see looked away right away.

I walked home quickly so I could catch Cole before I had to go to work for the night.
He walked through the door.
" your home early " he said.
" yeah I am, now why did you break up with dear old Grace? " I asked.
" she was being mean to you and I didn't like that " he said.
" so, you love her and she loves you, you shouldn't have just broken up with her for me " I said.
" why do you even care, I thought you hated her " he said.
" I do, but what I hate more is seeing my brother unhappy " I said.
" you would really let me date Grace again? " he asked.
" i'm not letting you, i'm telling you, she makes you happy Cole you should be happy and I shouldn't be in the way of that and I have a feeling after this Grace might be nice to me for once " I said.
" are you sure about this? " he asked.
" Cole " I walked over to him and placed my hands on his shoulders.
" Happy, be happy ok, got it " I smiled.
" got it " he smiled.
" now I have to get to work, be happy " I smiled walking out the door, I drove to the diner and started to run my shift
The doorbell rang and Grace and Cole walked in holding hands and they grabbed a table. Luckily not in my section.
I handed someone there take out when Grace walked up to me.
" hey " she smiled.
" hi " I said.
" thank you " she smiled.
" for what part? " I asked.
" everything, I was really mean and you still did that " she said.
" it was nothing " I smiled.
" yes it was, it was one of the nicest things someone has ever done for me, so thank you and I promise I will never be mean to you again " she said.
" really? " I asked.
" really, friends? " she asked.
" sure, why not " I smiled.
" great, I should go back to Cole now " she said.
" yes go do that, and can you tell him I say Happy " I smiled.
" sure...? " she said walking away and sat back down with my brother.

Once my shift was done I got home so Brendon and I could hang out, I walked up to my porch to see Brendon sitting there.
" why are you here so early? And outside when it's freezing? " I asked.
" I wanted to come and cheek on you early, but I forgot you had work " he smiled standing up.
" why? " I asked.
" you know why " he smiled.
He walked over to me and I put my hands around his neck.
" so how are you doing? " he asked.
" good, I mean it's hard without Judy, but i'm doing good " I said.
" that's good " he smiled.
" but the craziest thing happened today " I said.
" can you tell me inside since i'm freezing " he smiled.
" yeah " I smiled.
We walked inside and went into my room.
" so the crazy thing that happened today was? " he asked.
" Grace and I became friends " I said.
" wait what? " he asked.
" I know, that was my reaction " I said.
" wow you lose a friend and get a new one " he said.
" hey " I said hitting him.
" sorry too soon " he smiled.
" yeah way to soon " I smiled.
He leaned in the kissed me, he slowly pushed me back into my bed, when the door opened.
" well hello " Cole said.
I looked at him then Brendon who was basically on top of me.
" hey Cole " I smiled.
" you and Grace back together? " I asked.
" yeah we are " he smiled.
" that's great, could you leave now " I smiled.
" I was planning on it " he said before closing the door.
I looked back at Brendon.
" never expected that to happen " Brendon smiled.
" me neither " we laughed.
He kissed me again.
" let's hope that never happens again " he smiled.
" yeah, let's hope " I smiled.