Chapter Five- " now that would just be creepy "

I walked into gym class, Judy wasn't here today so I already knew it was going to be a very slow day.
    " today we are learning soccer, so make groups of three ".
    " Bethany, get over here! " Grace yelled.
    I walked over to Grace and Sofia, " you're in our group " she smiled.
    " why? " I asked.
    " why not your lonely and I only feel like annoying you when you and Judy are both here " she smirked.
    The whole period went by so slow, we just kicked the ball back and forth the whole period, I'm really wondering if this teacher knows how to teach, I would rather have played dodgeball the whole year.
    I sat at the lunch table just working on some sketches.
    " hey " I looked up to see Justin sitting down at the table.
    " hi " I smiled.
    " since we're going over to Sofia's tonight, i'm driving Chance and we were wondering if you wanted a ride too " he smiled.
    " by we were wondering do you mean, you were wondering? " I asked.
    " maybe, but can we give you a ride? " he asked.
    " sure why not, i'm fighting with my brother right now and I don't want to have to go in the car with him for a third time today " I smiled.
    " why are you fighting with your brother? " he asked.
    " it's a long story I don't want to get into right now, but pick me up at 6 so we can be at her house by 6:30 " I smiled.
    " got it, see yeah in science " he said before getting up and walking away.
    Sofia lived farther away from the school, she had to take the bus every day and I knew it was going to take an half an hour to get to her house if we wanted to be on time.

    During science class we worked in the lab, we all just wrote down whatever we could find about the seal, by the end of the class I had written a full two pages worth of ideas for the project, I'm guess this group is luckily they have me.
    Sofia was actually nice and hard working and smart unlike Grace, so it was kind of nice to see her when Grace isn't around because I get to know her true self.
    I had art class last period and it always goes by way too fast.
    I start walk home, I didn't want to get a ride from Cole since I decided to call Judy to see how she was doing.
    " hey how are you? " I asked.
    " doing better, but I forgot to ask you what Brendon wanted yesterday " she said.
    " oh he just realized I was the one singing in the cover since he had heard my voice before " I explained.
    " wait so he knows it's us? " she sounded worried.
    " yes, but he promised not to tell anyone " I smiled even though see couldn't see it.
    " ok well I have to go my mom's coming and if she sees me on my phone you will not see me ever again " she giggled.
    " ok bye, don't die " I laughed and shook my head as I hung up the phone.
    I continued to walk to back to my house.
    I opened the door and saw Cole and Grace sitting on the couch together, Cole had his arm around her and she had her head buried in his armpit.
    " good your home, I was getting worried " Cole looked over at me.
    " ok " I smiled setting down my bag.
    " Grace told me your working on a project with Sofia tonight, do you need a ride? " he asked.
    " no i'm fine Justin is giving me a ride " I smiled.
    " really now is he " Grace smirked.
    " yes grace he is since we're in a group together it would just make sense, now all be in my room, please don't need me for anything " I smiled before leaving the room.
    I heard a knock at my door.
    " come in! " I yelled.
    " hey, how was school " my mom walked into the room and sat down at the end of my bed.
    " it was good, i'm going over to Sofia's house to work on a project for science " I smiled.
    " well that should be fun is someone driving you there? " she asked.
    " yeah i'm going with Chance and Justin " I smiled.
    " oh Chance is back in town I remember when you had a huge crush on him- ".
    " mom be quiet " I cut her off.
    " sorry, but have fun with your friends tonight " she smiled.
    " ok, but there not really my friends " I smiled as she walked out of the room.

    It was finally 6, I walked out of my room, I put on my jacket and grabbed my notebook.
    Chance and Justin came up to the door which surprised me, they probably just wanted to say hi to Cole.
    luckily Grace had left just a couple of minutes ago.
    Cole opened the door, " yo, come on in " he said.
    " we can't stay long we have to work on the project " Chance said as they all did some weird high five hand shake thing.
    " should we go? " I asked standing up from the couch.
    They both just looked at me for a second, " yeah let's go " Justin said.
    We got into Justins car, I got stuck in the back, we each picked one song to play during the car ride.
    " ok first my song " Justin said turning on the cover that Judy and I made.
    " really this was the song I was going to pick " Chance groned.
    " you both really like this cover don't you? " I asked.
    " of course it's the best cover ever " Justin said.
    " it's ok " I said.
    " ok! It's the best thing in the world, I just wish I knew who was singing it " Chance sighed.
    " who knows how long that will be a mystery " I smiled before looking out the window.
We just started to drive through farmland, Sofia basically lived in the middle of nowhere, she lived in a big farm house that has two floors and a basement.
" my turn for a song " I said.
I grabbed the phone and turned on my song, Him and I.
" really thing song, I wouldn't see you liking this " Chance said.
" then what do you see me listing to? " I asked.
" anything, but rap " Chance said.
" let's just say I like ever gerna, but country " I smiled looking back out the window.
The streets were dark, only lit by the dim lights of Justin's car. We pulled up to her big house that was very well lit.
" this is it " Justin said turning off the car.
We walked up to the house, Sofia stood there with the door open.
" right on time, come on in make yourselves comfy, my parents are out so we can work in the basement " she smiled.
The boys stayed up stairs since they wanted something to drink.
" Sofia can I ask you something? " I asked.
" sure " she smiled.
" why are you friends with Grace? " I asked.
" because, yes she can be mean and I don't think it's right for her to be mean to you and Judy, but she can be really nice if you know her well enough " she smiled.
" well if she ever starts to be mean to you, just come hangout with me and Judy ok " I smiled.
" got it " she smiled.
" we got the pop! " Justin yelled.
They placed four ice teas on the table.
" ok let's figure out how were going to place up this whole presentation " I said sitting down on the couch, Chance sat down beside me well Justin and Sofia sat down on the ground.

We shared everything we found out about seals. By the end of the night it was 9 and we had come up with everything we were going to talk about.
" ok so i'll see you all tomorrow and will start to put the presentation together " Sofia waved us goodbye as we pulled out of the driveway.
" ok so we're taking a little stop " Justin said as he pulled into the Tim Hortons parking lot.
" why? " Chance asked.
" we all need to catch up with one another, especially with Bethany " Justin turned to look at me with a smirk on his face.
" you the one who left me so maybe you should start talking first " I glared getting out of the car.
We grabbed a table after getting three hot chocolates even thought it was the end of summer it wasn't too early to get hot chocolate.
" i'm not going first " I said.
" why not? " Chance asked.
" because i'm the only girl here " I smiled.
" but girls first " Justin smiled.
" ok fine, Judy has been my only friend for the past two years since Justin left to hangout with Brendon my brother and you Chance and now he wants to come back into my life, Grace hates me I love to draw art and sleep " I smiled.
" now who's next " I smiled.
" well, I came back here after living with my uncle in ottawa for a while, I ran into Bethany at the carnival she didn't recognize me and I didn't recognize her and then I got all my old friends back and now on the weekends I go and visit my uncle " Chance smiled.
" well Justin now it's your turn " I smirked.
" ok, i'm trying to fix mistakes, I have been liking school so far and i'm trying to be a better person " he smiled.
" well your life's boring " Chance said.
" yeah I know " Justin rolled his eyes, I little bell at the front door went off, both of the boys looked over at it.
I turned my head to see a girl maybe a year older than us walk over to the long line of people.
" you both are gross " I said.
They both looked at me, " it's not like you've never cheeked out a guy before " Justin said.
" well I haven't " I lied.
" are you serious no one? " Chance asked.
" nope every boy I know goes to the school and I don't see any interest in them at all " I lied again, I like Bredon sooo....
" hey you know us and were boys " Chance crossed his arms in anger.
" yes boy's i've known my whole life so that's just really weird " I said.
" it's not that weird " Justin said, I looked over at him to see him raising an eyebrow, I keep forgetting he knew that I used to like Chance.
I looked at my phone, " it's ten we should probably get going " I said getting up.
" why? " Justin asked.
" school night and my brother will kill both of you if I don't get home " I turned around and smiled.
As we started to walk to the car, " yeah but it's not like he has no idea who we are " Chance said.
" still " I said.
" it's not like were going to kill you or hide you in a basement " Justin said.
" now that would just be creepy, so lets go " I rolled my eyes getting in the car.
Remember when I called them jackasses, now this is what I mean, they only want to do what they want and they never take into consideration of how it will affect the people or in this case ME around them.
Once I got home, I went straight to my room after Cole told me that mom and dad wont let us stay home tomorrow.
I laid down on my bed and closed my eyes, maybe it would have been fun if I just hung out with Justin and Chance for a little longer, just maybe.