Chapter Twenty Eight - " i dont love him "

It was a week before christmas break and the winter carnival was finally rolling around, I had been helping out with some of the treats and snacks the whole week before. I guess I could say that this was one of my favorite carnivals out of the whole year since I just love winter and snow.
Grace, Sofia and I have grown closer ever since my birthday party, I used the nail gift card and took both of them with me to get our nails done and with that it truly started our friendship.
It was weird having Grace be nice to me, but i've gotten used to it by now.
I had to be at the carnival early to help make sure all the snacks we in the best places.
" thanks again for coming to help out " the principal smiled.
" my pleaser, I love winter " I smiled.
" you can go home and get ready now if you would like too " she smiled.
" thank you " I smiled.
I drove back home and changed into my light blue shirt with black pants, I put on my winter boots since there was now snow out.
Brendon came and picked me up.
" i'm excited to see what you work on at the carnival " he smiled.
" well all your going to see is food, I put together lots of food " I smiled.
" can't wait " he smiled.
We pulled into one of the parking spots and walked into the school.
" where too first? " I asked.
" you tell me, you most likely know your way around this whole place " he said.
" I think your right " I smiled as he put his arm around me and we walked over to one of the carnival games.
" hey look your favorite game " Brendon said.
" look at that " I said.
I started to throw the darts at the balloons.
" do you make sure they have this game here every year? " Brendon asked.
" I suggest it " I smiled.
" I had a feeling " he said.
" how's the friendship with Grace and Sofia going? " he asked.
" good, I don't know how Grace and I weren't friends before " I said, the lady passed me a stuffed bear.
" here you go " I smiled and passed it to Brendon.
" why thank you " we started laughing.
Grace and Sofia walked up to us.
" hey come on we have to go get a picture of our snowcones " Grace smiled.
" i'll be right there " I smiled as her and Sofia walked away.
" wish me luck " I smiled and kissed Brendon before walking away.
I ran and caught up with Grace and Sofia, we took a photo of us holding our snow cones.
We all sat down at one of the picnic tables.
" when is carnival heart coming out with a new cover or a new song I really need one " Grace said.
" same i've been missing them " I said, it's true I haven't made a song in awhile, I should get on writing an original soon.
" besides that, how are you and Brendon " Sofia poked me in the side.
" were good " I smiled.
" that's great, but have you to said the L word yet? " Grace asked.
" what? " I asked.
" have you told each other you loved each other? " Sofia asked.
" what no, we've only been dating for what, three months maybe less " I said.
" yeah, but it's obvious that you love him " Grace said.
" is it, because I know that I don't love him, at least not yet " I said.
" are you sure? " Sofia asked.
" yes i'm sure and i'll know when I am " I smiled.
" well, whenever your ready is good, but if he doesn't say it back I will have a few words with him " Grace said cracking her knuckles.
" ok you do that " we laughed.
" I should go find Brendon now " I said.
" wait before you go " Grace said passing me two cards.
" there invites to my new years eve party, the whole grade is basically coming, the other one is for Brendon " she smiled.
" do you think you can come? " she asked
" thanks and we'll be there don't worry " I smiled and walked aways.
I looked down at my phone for a second then I ran into someone.
" sorry " I looked up to see Judy.
" hey " I smiled.
" hi " she said.
" how, how are you? " I asked.
" i'm good, you? " she asked.
" i'm good " I smiled.
" that's good, I should get going " she was about to walk away when I stopped her.
" wait, I was wondering if you could maybe make a track to new years day by Taylor Swift? " I asked.
" yeah, it will be done by tomorrow " she smiled.
" and another thing, thank you for the birthday present I didn't have enough time to text you " I smiled.
" no problem " she said and walked away.
" there you are " I turned around to see Brendon.
" yeah it's me " I smiled.
" were you just talking to Judy? " he asked.
" yeah I was " I smiled.
" and how did that go? " he asked.
" well, i'm it was really awkward, but it still went well " I said.
" that's good " he smiled.
" and another thing I just did the ice maze with Chance and I am freezing so I was wondering if we could get going soon? " he asked.
" oh of course, i'm all carnivaled out, we can leave now " I said.
We walked to the car.
" just remembered this, Grace invited us to her new years eve party " I said passing him the invite.
" that will be fun " he said.
" yeah it will " I said.
We got back to my house.
" why is there another car in my driveway? " I asked.
" don't ask me " Brendon said.
" wait " I said as we pulled in my driveway.
" what? " Brendon asked.
" I know who it is! " I smiled and got out of the car, I ran up to the porch to see my uncle Mark.
" what are you doing here! " I yelled as we did out crazy hand shake.
" I was driving through town on a work meeting and I wanted to stop in and it's not like I would forget your birthday, but I forgot the carnival was today " he said.
" but I wanted to see you and Cole so I just had to wait " he smiled.
" hey... " Brendon walked up beside me.
" oh um, Brendon Uncle Mark, Uncle Mark Brendon " I smiled.
" nice to meet you " my uncle said shaking Brendons hand.
" anyway, when do you have to leave? " I asked.
" in a couple minutes, where are your parents? " he asked.
" there at work, like always " I smiled.
" ah, yes, your father just loves work, but I should be on my way, say hi to Cole for me and nice meeting you Brendon " he walked off the porch and got in his car.
" and Bethany, something is in the mailbox for you " he said before pulling out of the driveway.
" bye! " I smiled.
Brendon and I walked inside after I grabbed the card from the mailbox.
" so he's your uncle, he's nothing like you " Brendon said.
" you just met him, were actually a lot alike that's why we have that hand shake, we don't get to see him much, but when we do it's awesome " I smiled.
" I can tell, I liked seeing you all up beat like that " he smiled.
" aren't I always upbeat? " I asked.
" not like that, you never jump up and down and scream " he said.
" ok I guess that's true " I smiled.
We sat down on the couch.
" so what other than snow cons was so important for Grace to pull you away from me earlier? " Brendon asked.
" nothing really they just wanted to talk about the party " I lied, I couldn't tell Brendon about the whole L word talk, then both of us would get worried if we love each other.
I opened my card from my uncle.
" awesome " I smiled.
" what is it? " Brendon asked.
" it's a locket " I smiled.
" cool..... Why is that awesome? " he asked.
I laughed, " with my uncles work he travels a lot so he gets me a necklace from somewhere every year for my birthday " I said.
" that's makes more sense now " he smiled.
I looked down at the locket then back up at Brendon, I smiled.
" what? " Brendon asked.
" nothing, i'm just happy you're here " I smiled.
" i'm happy i'm here too " he smiled.
" yeah " I smiled...... Do I love Brendon?

••••••
Sorry that the chapter was kinda short, but I hope your liking it so far.
Also for the pic above just pretend that there is snow and that Archie isn't in the side 😉