Chapter Forty Two - " oh am i ok? "

Cole was graduating today and since I didn't have much family that could make it down only me, my uncle Mark, mom and dad were going and all of Cole's friend, so my friends.
Yesterday Chance avoided me at any cost, he didn't sit by me in the one class we have together, he parked his motorcycle far away from mine, he didn't even sit with us a lunch. He's turned into another Judy.
It was lunch, I walked over to my locker when Brendon came up to me.
" hey can we talk? " he asked.
" sure what about? Is everything ok? " I asked.
" I think we should be friends " he said keeping a straight face.
" what why? " I asked.
" Chance told me you like him " he said, when I heard those words was was dumbfounded.
" what! No I don't like him, he came to me on Monday drunk and said he liked me " I said.
" and then I kicked him out " I added, he didn't say anything.
" you belive me right? " I asked.
" i'm sorry, but I don't you spend more time with him then me, so i'm sorry, we're just friends now " he said.
" no i'm sorry Brendon, but I was the one who went with you two Mexico for a week and hung out with you every other weekend " I said.
" i'm sorry Beth, bye " he said walking away.
I stood there for a second in disbelief when anger came over me. I walked down the hallway and saw Chance standing by his locker.
I pushed him really hard on the shoulder making him turn.
" whoa are you ok? " he asked.
" oh am I ok? Am I ok? No Chance i'm not ok! Since someone I thought to be my friend just told my boyfriend that I liked them, oh wait he's not my boyfriend anymore since he just broke up with me! " I yelled.
" oh " he said.
" oh, oh is really all you have to say right now Chance! " I yelled.
He was about to say something when I cut him off, " you know what..... never talk to me again " I said walking away from him not wanting to hear what he had to say.
Right in the middle of lunch I walked outside of the school got on my motorcycle and road home.
I hated how, the only good thing you have in your life can just disappear in an instant, like it was never there in the first place.
I was more angry then sad, I was angry that a friend would do something like that, I was angry that he would rewan my relationship, I was angry that he would tell me that he liked me after he saw what happened last time someone did that.
I walked into my house and went into the kitchen, i've realized that when i'm stressed or angry or any emotion other than happy I stress cook.

I heard the door open at 2:20 when Cole walked into the kitchen.
" are you stress cooking again? " he asked.
" no i'm just cooking a normal meal for my brother and our family " I smiled.
" Beth, Brendon told me what happened today at lunch " he said.
" and? ".
" are you ok? " he asked.
" i'm fine, better than ever, it's not like someone I thought to be my friend just rewand my relationship or anything " I said placing down the knife on the table before I stabbed the cutting board.
" Chance i'm guessing " he said.
" yup " I sighed.
" did you hear why he did it? " he asked.
" I didn't want to listen " I said.
" so you just got up and left school? " he asked.
" yes to cook you a meal for graduation " I smiled.
" Beth, I can tell your hurting, you don't have to do this for me " he said.
" Brendon, it's not just for you, it's for the family too and i'm fine " I smiled.
" ok, but what even are you making? " he asked.
" your favorite meal " I smiled.
" well thanks, but you don't have to do this " he said.
" well I don't care since i'm doing it anyway " I smiled.
" now go get ready for your big day " I smiled.
" ok " he smiled and walked out of the kitchen, I sighed and continued to cut the potatoes.
I placed the potatoes into the oven and turned around to see my Uncle Mark.
" Uncle Mark " I smiled walking over to him and we did our hand shakes.
" so I hear that the boy Brendon met last time I was here he was your boyfriend and you two broke up today " he said.
" Cole told you that didn't he? " I asked.
" who else would it have been? " he asked.
I sighed.
" what happened? " he asked.
" Chance, who you don't know, told Brendon that I liked him, Chance, and then Brendon broke up with me " I said sitting down.
" now why would he do that? " he asked.
" because he liked me " I said.
" oh, have you talked to Judy about it? " he asked.
" well in december she told me that she liked me and we haven't talked " I said.
" everyone's just liking you aren't they " he said.
" yeah, it sucks " I sighed.
" have you talked to your mom? " he asked.
" nope she's always working same with my dad " I said.
" well you can talk to me " he said.
" I know, but i'm fine there's nothing really to talk about " I said.
" ok, but if you end up being sad, just do one of your hobbies " he suggested.
" yeah, i'll try, thanks " I smiled as the oven beeped.

We finished dinner and took photos of Cole and the whole family before driving to the school. We sat at the very top of the bleachers, I sat beside my uncle, out of the corner of my eyes I saw Justin, Brendon and Chance all sitting a little bit down from when I was sitting.
I saw Chance look over at me, and he kept looking at me.
Then Brendon looked over at me for a second
After Cole got his diploma I realized I needed to leave I could sit through the rest of this with Chance looking at me whole time and Brendon taking glances at me.
" hey i'm not feeling well, so i'm going to go home, tell Cole he looked great " I smiled and walked down from the bleachers.
I knew that this was the moment I was soon going to break into tears or need to punch someone.
I walked through the school and ran into someone.
" sorry " I said continuing to walk out from the school and home, once I got home I sat down on the couch and just looked outside.
I was holding back tears as I looked out the window. I can't believe that Brendon and Chance are still friends, Chance lied to him just to rewan my relationship.
I can't keep thinking about this or i'm going to cry and I don't want to cry over something that is so stupid, Uncle Mark said do something that's a hobby.
I got up and went to my room, I pulled out my computer and started to make a track to the song Real friends by Camila Cabello.
Once I finished the song I sent the track to Rick and asked him to edit and upload it.
I tear ran down my face, more coming after it, I guess the world just wanted me to cry.
My door opened and Cole walked in, " hey Uncle Mark said you weren't feeling good, are you ok? " he asked. I wiped away my tears and turned around.
" umm.. Yeah.. i'm fine " I tried to smiled.
He shook his head and came over and hugged me as I started to cry again.
" sorry to rewan your special day " I said.
" hey you didn't rewan anything " he said.
" your hurting you needed to cry " he added.
" I hate him " I said.
" who? " he asked.
" both of them, Chance rewand my relationship and Brendon didn't believe me when I said Chance was lying " I said.
" well both of them were jerks, so maybe just sleep it off and have another cry " he said.
" thanks, now you need rest too, you had a long day " I smiled.
" night " he smiled and walked out of the room.
I sat down on my bed and looked down at my lap as tears flowed from my eyes, in this moment it hit me that Brendon and I were over and that we might never talk again. But I also knew that I was never going to talk to Chance again, no matter how hard it was.

••••••••
Ohhh drama..... only a couple chapters left