Chapter Thirty Nine- " runaway "

A couple months have passed it was now the last month before my year in grade 11 was over.
    I've been trying to find out who Chance likes he said it had changed in the past couple of months, or he could be lying to through me off guard.
    Grace has been a little nasty to me lately, I don't really care since it's not like I never have dealt with before, but it's still annoying since one minute she's your friend then the next she a demon.
I was glad I wasn't going to have to deal with her on the weekend since I was in Ottawa. Since Cole now knows the reason why i'm going Ottawa he's seems more settled with letting me go.

Since it was summer now Chance and I road our motorcycle to Ottawa, Judy made a beat to the song Runaway by Aurora. I was excited to sing this song since, I didn't know why though.
We made a stop at one of the rest stops. I walked into the bathroom, I stopped and fixed my hair, yes I was wearing a helmet, but my hair was still a mess, I walked out of the washroom and walked over to Chance.
" so are you going to tell me who you like yet? " I asked.
" no " he said.
" I bet it hasn't even changed " I said.
" well I bet it has and it has " he said.
" fine, let's just get going, but just know i'm going to find out weather you like it or not " I smiled and walked back to the bikes.
" Race you the rest of the way " he said.
" there's a speed limit " I said.
" still will stay in the limit " he said.
" fine, but if I win you feature on one of the original songs that I already have written or sing a cover with me and if you win i'll clean your motorcycle for a week " I smiled.
" sounds great, get ready to lose " he smirked.

I lost, " time to wash my bike " he smiled.
" no that's starting next week, guess you don't have to sing " I sighed.
" I will sing if you want me to, but only on the cover " he said.
" really? " I smiled.
" yes really " he sighed.
" yeah come on, let's go tell your uncle " I smiled as we walked inside, we walked over to Rick's office.
" I have great news " I smiled.
" and that is " Rick turned to face us.
" Chance is going to sing with me on the cover today " I smiled.
" really " Rick seemed shocked.
" yup " I smiled.
" ok so we now just need to section up the song into part where both of you will be singing and both of you will be singing alone " Rick.
" don't worry I already know " I smiled passing him the lyrics and adding where Chance was going to sing.
" ok sounds great, all I need is the song and we can get recording " Rick smiled.
I walked into the booth before Chance to sing my parts of the song.
" I was listening to the ocean, I saw a face in the sand, But when I picked it, oh, Then it vanished away from my hand " I sang.
" And I was running far away, Would I run off the wall someday? Nobody knows, nobody knows, And I was dancing in the rain, I felt alive and I can't complain, But now take me home, Take me home where I belong, I can't take it anymore " I sang.
Chance and I switched places and he sang his part.
" I was painting a picture, The picture was a painting of you and, For a moment I thought you were there, But again, it wasn't true, And all this time I have been lying, Oh, lying in secret to myself, I've been putting sorrow on the forest plains, On my show, da di da " He sang. As he sang I thought back to the first time in the car when I had heard him sing for the first time, by his uncle's reaction I could tell he had never heard Chance sing.
    I walked back in after the second corush to sing with him.
    " But I kept running, For a soft place to fall, And I kept running, For a soft place to fall, And I kept running, For a soft place to fall, But I kept running, For a soft place to fall " I sang.
    " And I was running far away, Would I run off the wall someday? " I sang.
    " But now take me home, Home where I belong, No, no, no, Take me home, home where I belong, Oh, oh, Take me home, home where I belong, No, no, no, Take me home, home where I belong, I can't take it anymore " We sang.
    We walked out of the booth, " I just have to edit it all together " Rick said.
    " sounds great, will just be up stairs " Chance said.
I followed him up stairs.
" you won the bet, so why did you still sing on the track? " I asked.
" I saw how much it meant to you, and I knew either way I would still sing with you " he smiled.
" oh " I said.
" yeah, well do you want a snack? " he asked.
" sure, but has anyone other than me up till now heard you sing? " I asked.
" no, just you and now my uncle " he smiled.
" oh " I said again.
He pours a bunch of pretzels into a bowl and walked over to sit down on the couch. I was looking at the floor in the daze
" coming? " I looked up to see Chance looking at me.
" yeah " I nodded walking over to sit beside him.
" I can't wait for school to be over " Chance said.
" same, I just need to get away from Grace " I sighed.
" why I thought you two were friends now " he said.
" I don't know, she's been a little bitchy lately " I said.
" weird, what has she been doing? " he asked.
" she's been make snarky comments again " I said.
" oh, good luck with that " he said.
" yeah thanks " I rolled my eyes.
" oh my uncle just texted " Chance said.
" he says the video is up and he has to run out to get some stuff for dinner " Chance read out the text.
" let's watch it " I smiled.
Chance and I walked into Rick's office in the house and went onto the computer.
" this is so awesome " I smiled.
" I know, let's look at the comments " he said.
I scrolled down.

Fanfan- who's the boy?

Boi.is.boi- who be the boy? New member to the band?

Franikefrank- I bet the boy is just a friend the band knows and they wanted him to be on the track

I looked over at Chance, " that person was spot on " I said.
" weird " Chance said.
" should we respond to them " I said.
" no " Chance said.
" are you crazy? " he asked.
" yes you should know this by now " I said.
" it would make fans freak out to much " Chance said.
" ok fine, I guess you're right " I sighed.
" I know I am " he smiled, I hit him in the arm.

We sat down for dinner, Rick made pasta.
" so, why did you never tell me you could sing? " Rick asked looking right at Chance as he was about to eat some pasta.
" I didn't want you to make me have a record deal " Chance gulped.
" I would never force you to have a record deal " Rick said.
" I know that, I was just scared " he said.
" fine, but tell me next time " Rick said.
" got it " Chance smiled.

I walked into the room and changed into my pajamas.

Brendon- hey love the new cover, but was that Chance singing with you
Bethy- thanks and yeah it was he's amazing
Brendon- I know, well I just wanted to text you good night and love you
Bethy- love you too, night

I set my phone down when the door opened.
" see you in the morning " Chance smiled.
" yup " I smiled.
I sat down on the bed and rolled over, why did Chance never tell anyone else that he could sing, let alone show them?