Chapter Twenty- " i'm great, amazing "

I walked into the kitchen after getting dressed.
    I rubbed my eyes and sat down at the table when Cole passed me my tea.
    " so I didn't see you when you got home, but how was the date " he said smirking and raising his eyebrows up and down.
    " creepy, and it was great " I smiled.
    " someone's in love " he smirked.
    " i'm not in love, we went on one date " I said.
    " yeah and you know that saying love at first sight " he smiled.
    " yes I do, and if it were love at first sight I would already be in love with him " I smiled.
    " I guess that's true " he sighed sitting down after getting his three pieces of toast, I grabbed one off his plate and took a bit.
    " ay! " he said.
    " what? i'm hungry too " I said getting up from the table and walking into the living room.
    I grabbed my phone and sat on the couch to wait for Cole, today we were up surprisingly early so we had a lot of time to spar.
    " come on, we have to stop at Starbucks " I sighed.
    " fine I guess we can since we have some time " he sighed, I got to drive today since Cole didn't want anything to drink and he didn't want to order for Judy and I.
    I pulled through the drive thru and drove to pick up Judy.
    When she opened the door I passed her her Starbucks.
    " here you go " I smiled.
    " someone's in a good mood " she smiled.
    " yes I am, but we also had time to spare this morning so why not go get some tea " I smiled as I pulled out over her driveway and drove to school.
    We got in the school and went to our lockers, I turned around right when Grace was about to say something.
    " how are you today Grace? " I asked.
    " why do you care? " she asked.
    " because rather than targeting you and making you feel the same way as me, i'm going to be nice " I smiled.
    " your weirder than normal today, I don't like it it's making me cringe " she said winning.
    " your welcome, and Sofia, have a good day " I smiled.
    " thank you too " she smiled, but that smile was short lived when Grace gave her a death stair.
    " see you in gym " Judy smiled as we walked away.
    " so what's up with you? What happened last night? " she asked.
    " he told me he has liked me for three years " I smiled as we sat down on our seats.
    " oh..... Really? " she asked.
    " yes really " I said.
    " that's great " she said.
    " I couldn't believe it " I smiled.
    " I bet, but we should probably start planning our next cover " she whispered.
    " oh I was thinking we could do the song Prom Queen " I wisphered.
    " i'll look it up then mix the beat, also we should to an original song soon " she said.
    " ok I will start thinking up some lyrics " I smiled as Chance walked into the classroom and sat down beside me.
    " hey, how was the date? " Chance asked.
    " great " I smiled.
    " that's good " he smiled.
    I felt Judy tap my shoulder, I turned to look at her.
    " i'll make a mix to Prom Queen " she said.
    " ok sounds good " I smiled.

    We made our way to English class, as we walked down the hallway there was so many kids that looked hungover and tired.
    Why would they look hungover if there were no drinks at the carnival, well they probably brought it themselves.
    I walked into english class and sat down in my spot with Judy sitting beside me, I tried to not look over at Brendon the whole class since I didn't want to start blushing.
    As we were doing work the whole classroom was filled with noise, I looked up to look across the room since someone in my class made a really weird squeaky noise. I made eye contact with Brendon, he gave a small smiled and I gave one back right before looking back down at the worksheet.

    I stayed in the art room to finish up something's before heading to the music room to practice Prom Queen. I walked down the hallway, only a few kids were left roaming the hallways.
    I walked into the music room and sat down by the piano, I pulled out my phone and found the lyrics I listened it over a few times before playing the cords and singing.
    " god save the prom queen, teenage daydream, just another dressed up heartbreak, god save the prom queen, only eighteen, turned her tears to diamonds in her crown " I sang.
    " she's the first in line at the party, she's the first in line at the club, and she's got that body always gotta flaunt it, everybody's looking up " I sang.
    Someone knocked at the door, I turned around to see Brendon walking in.
    " oh, hey " I smiled turning around fully to face him.
    " i'm guessing you're doing a new song " he smiled walking over and sitting down beside me.
    " how'd you guess " I smiled.
    He laughed, " I just came by to tell you again it was fun hanging out last night " he smiled.
    " it was a lot of fun " I smiled.
    " do you maybe want to go to the diner tonight, like right now? " I asked.
    " is Bethany Brench asking me on a date? " he asked.
    " is Brendon Reyaz going to answer? "  I asked.
    " yes, i'll go on a date with you " he said.
    " well that sounds like i'm making you come " I raised my eyebrow.
    " no I want to come " he smiled.
    " ok then let's get going " I smiled.
    We had to walk to the diner since Cole took the car home and Brendon got dropped off at school.
    Since it was now November the air was crazy cold, I could tell it was going to start snowing soon, the clouds said it all, the snow was coming and there was no way it was going to leave for at least four months.
    The wind hit my face making me shiver.
    " are you cold? " Brendon asked.
    " of course i'm cold, it's freezing out " I sighed.
    " aren't you cold? " I asked.
    " well I guess so, but I like the cold air " he said.
    " now that's weird " I said.

    We got to the diner and went to grab a table, I had to work next week so it was weird being here on one of the days I didn't have to work.
    I sat down on one side of the table and Brendon sat on the other, I placed my bag to the side of me and took of my jacket, Brendon doing the same thing.
    We both ordered a water to drink.
    " so what song were you singing? " Brendon asked.
    " Prom Queen, Judy and I are thinking of doing that for the next cover " I said.
    " oh sounds good, when are you going to Ottawa next? " he asked.
    " not this weekend, but the next one " I smiled.
    " cool, wait did anyone figure out it was you in that photo? " he asked.
    " no thank god, we were so luckily " I sighed.
    " you were luckily " he smiled.
The waitress came over and set down our waters.
" ready to order? " she asked.
" i'll just have some fries " I smiled.
" a burger? " Brendon said.
" ok that will be right over " she smiled.
My phone buzzed, I grabbed it to see a text from Cole.

Cole- hey where are you mom and dad are wondering?
Beth- i'm at the diner with Brendon i'll be home soon
Beth- maybe
Cole- ok they were just wondering
Beth- are you sure you weren't wondering
Cole- have to go bye

I smiled and shook my head, I placed back down my phone.
" well Cole has officially become overprotective " I said.
" why what happened? " he asked.
" he's always wondering where I am " I said.
" well he's your brother so he's just doing his job " Brendon said.
" I know, but it's annoying sometimes " I said.
" that makes sense " he said.
" my sister would be like that if she were here " he said.
" I forgot you had a sister " I said.
" yeah, she's in new york for school and her boyfriend also lives there " he sighed.
" is that a bad thing? " I asked.
" well, I don't like her boyfriend.... he's weird " he said.
" in what way? " I asked.
" his hiccups sound like a baby duck quacking " he laughed.
" what!? " I laughed along with him.
" see he's weird " he said.
" and I can see why " I said.
The food was placed down at the table and we started to eat, my phone buzzed again.
" is it Cole? " Brendon asked.
" I hope not " I said, I picked up my phone to see it was a text from Judy.
" it's Judy " I smiled.

Judy- hey so I made a beat to Prom Queen i'll show you tomorrow morning
Beth- sounds great, see you tomorrow :p

I set my phone back down.
We finished eating and we paid, I put my jacket back on before we walked back outside.
" did it get colder? " I asked.
" I think so " he said.
We walked back to my house, there were no cars in the driveway.
He walked me to my door.
" you didn't have to walk me to the door " I said.
" I know, but I wanted to " he smiled, I could tell if I was blushing or just cold.
" you should get inside it's cold out " he said.
" yeah, I need to find my key " I said.
I looked over at the door then back at him and he kissed me and I kissed him back.
" I should get going " he smiled.
" yeah, and I should get inside " I smiled.
He walked off my porch and down the street, I got into my house and closed the door, I sat down on the couch and touched my lips.
Brendon just kissed me. Brendon just kissed me? Brendon just kissed me!
Wait ok so Brendon just kissed me.
I leaned back on the couch trying to understand that that just happened. Wait! What if he leaves just Like Justin did, I don't need that happening to me again that was emotionally draining.
" are you ok? " Cole asked, I looked up at him.
" yeah i'm fine " I smiled.
" i'm great, amazing " I smiled.
" did he kiss you? " he asked.
" whattttt...... nooo? " I said.
He crossed his arms. " ok maybe, how'd you know " I said.
" I just knew, but are you ok that he kissed you? " he asked.
" yes, I just don't want him to run away and not talk to me for two years then try and be my friend again " I rambled.
" what? " Cole asked.
" never mind " I said.
" i'm just going to go in my room and get ready for bed " I smiled.
" ok, see you in the morning " he smiled as I walked past him and into my room.
I sat down on my bed and let out a big sigh, I mean I was happy that he kissed me, but I didn't want him to run away.