Chapter Twenty Four- " as a friend? "

It was Monday and Judy and I get to hangout today, and for once her mom is letting her come over to my place for a little since her brother is having some friends over.
I walked over to my locker with Judy, I pulled out my science textbook.
" so tonight we should work on the new art project and maybe some S-O-N-G-S " I said.
" good idea " Judy smiled.
" Bethany tell your brother I can't hangout tonight " Grace smiled.
" why can't you, you have a voice " I said.
" yeah, but- ".
" Grace come on we have to go talk to the principal remember " Sofia butted in.
" i'll see you later " Grace smirked.
" hey " Brendon walked up to us once Grace and Sofia left.
" were still good to hang out on Wednesday right? " he asked.
" yeah of course, we'll just have to hangout after my shift at work though " I smiled.
" ok well, i'll see you both in English " he smiled.
" bye " he kissed me on the cheek.
" bye " I smiled as he walked away, I looked back at Judy.
We started to walk back down the hallway.
" did I tell you that last weekend he came over and hung out with me well I was home alone? " I smiled.
" yeah you did " she said.
" I did? I totally forgot " I said.
" yup " she smiled and sat down in her spot.
I could tell something was off with Judy, she's been acting like this for awhile now, it was bugging me.
" are you ok? You've been different " I said.
" yeah i'm fine don't worry " she smiled.
" are you sure? " I asked.
" Beth i'm fine, trust me you have nothing to worry about, got it? " she smiled.
" got it " I smiled.

I walked to my locker at lunch when Justin came up to me.
" hey " he smiled.
" what do you want now? " I asked turning to look at him.
" are you seriously still mad? " he asked.
" yeah I am you ran away without an explanation, you said you were scared, but I don't believe that, remember I know when your lying and your a horrible liar " I said.
" so the truth please, the truth to why you stopped talking after the kiss " I said.
He looked at me cold, " anything you can think of in that brain of yours? " I asked.
" hey guys " Brendon walked up.
" hey " I smiled.
" is everything ok? " he asked.
" yeah everything's great, right Justin " I said looking over at Justin.
" yup everything is great " he smiled.
" great " Brendon smiled.

Judy and I walked home from school, it was starting to get colder and colder, I just knew that soon there would be snow, and I could have another snow ball fight.
" will your brother be home? " Judy asked.
" yeah " I said.
" wait I didn't tell you that Justin came back up to me today and tried to be friendly, I still don't know how your friends with him " I said.
" he made a mistake " she said.
" yeah, but that mistake hurt and I still don't know why he did it " I sighed.
" did he ever tell you? " I asked.
" no way, not a chance i've tried to get it out of him, but there is no budging there trust me " she said.
" maybe try again " I smiled.
" i'll try I promise " she smiled.

Once we got to my house, we stopped in the kitchen to grab a bag of chips.
" Cole if you need us we'll be in my room " I smiled.
" ok " he shrugged.
We sat down on my bed and started to come up with new songs.
" maybe we could write a song based off of the poem Brendon wrote me last night it was one of the sweetest poems I had ever read " I smiled.
" can you stop talking about Brendon for maybe a second? " she asked.
" it's never bothered you before " I said.
" well it is now since I like you " she blurted out.
" as a friend? " I asked.
" no more than a friend " she said looking down.
" I have to go " she ran out of my room.
" Judy! Judy wait! " I yelled.
Cole came down the hallway and into my room.
" why did Judy just run out of the house? " He asked.
" uh um, her mom called her " I lied.
" oh ok " he said.
I sat back on my bed, Judy likes me, that's who she likes, that's why she was all weird once I started to date Brendon. Judy likes me, Judy's gay how did I not know this. I've been her friend since forever and now I find out shes gay and likes me! No shes my bestfriend and i'm not losing her.

Beth- hey please come back so we can talk
Read
Beth- Judy please
Read
Beth- come on Judy don't
Read

I thought my phone at the wall, I didn't even care if it was broken. I leaned my head back on my pillow and started to cry.

••••••
Wow sorry for another short chapter merp.